Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

i knew it

• Agree x 1
  2. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

clearly Mei needs a buff so that she can once again become the most hated bugbear. i propose that ice spray and blizzard freeze people instantly and being frozen makes your entire body a crit hitbox.

• Like x 3
  3. Aondeug

that made me cry

4. Aondeug

"I know when someone or I say "high skill support sniper" it could be very unclear how Ana has skill that comes into play besides aiming ESPECIALLY if your low experienced, or do not even play Ana in-game, but for the most part Ana is a player that does a harder job than anyone else in this game."

the continuing adventures of the great ana was nerfed wrong thread

Other highlights of this thread are "selfish dps" and "dull low skillcap healbots".

5. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Tag yourself I'm dull low skillcap healbot

• Winner x 3
  6. Morven

But seriously: I don't think any of the heroes are "low skillcap". It takes great skill to come out on top against good players no matter what you play. Some characters are easier to pick up for noobs. That's fine, we need that. Some heroes take longer to master the basic mechanics of. That's also fine. But all of them require tactical awareness, situational awareness, positioning, timing of ults, cooperation ... and those are the hard parts!

• Like x 3
  7. Aondeug

all mercy does is hold r2 morven stfu

8. Morven

Not so! She also says snippy little things.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  9. Aondeug

ANA DOES TOO AND CAN DO IT BETTER.

10. Morven

Mercy can fly, Ana putters around on little feet. There you go.

11. Aondeug

YEAH. WELL.

-is still running up a staircase to get to you-

FCK

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  12. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

We played a round of the all-heroes uprising mode with Ana, Bastion, Orisa, and D.Va.

Let me tell u. Grandma has never felt so safe. She loves her robot grandchildren.

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
  13. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Also, this might be shocking, but it turns out that when you have three characters whose entire kit is suppression fire and turreting, THE SLICERS DO NOT SLICE. THEY DIE.

It was a really fun match actually. I spent half of it dumping candy on my adoring grandchildren.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  14. Aondeug

15. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

Meanwhile from my end, playing the D.Va
    "YOU ARE THE WORST STINKY GRANDCHILD stop running away from me where I can't see you!!!" Said at me because I kept dashing off
    "Candy for my beautiful grandchildren" <-- muttered multiple times during the match

I love u pr you are the best

Edit: I typed Ana when I meant D.Va

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    • Like x 5
  16. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

Sorry finally got the spoons to really reply to this.

First off: thank you for your answer.

Secondly: I do agree with you about the wartime situation. In fact that's how I've been trying to look at it - I find that robots (and fictionally oppressed groups) mostly tend to work when they cover a variety of things without being a one on one metaphor. Imo, the robots in Overwatch hit a few sections of oppression here including allusions to racism and (unintentionally maybe?) ableism. It is... I feel there's a certain incongruity to the narrative even with that in mind I guess? Idk, it feels awkward to handle it like this when 'wartime thoughts about a populace' are not so far from public mind. I guess I'm not asking Overwatch to act like all it's characters are great, but it's hard to say, think of that bomb and the deliverance of it as uh. I don't think they've handled that situation with as much finesse as they could've, and it feels awkward. Especially when it's the role of the heroes.

Idk, if everyone looks at the omnics as mooks then maybe I've just over-invested myself in that section of the story. I thought with playable omnic characters and the hints we'd gotten in cinematics (Mondatta, the omnic in S76's short) that there would be some sort of buildup to taking them and their issues seriously as characters - but maybe they are just meant to represent an ongoing threat and issue for the main cast with a bit more spice in their story than usual. If that's the case, I'm feeling a bit pessimistic though haha.

Ok though this one is kind of a big gripe for me, but? Hm. I don't know if the implication is so much that... these robots do not have the capability for self awareness, but rather that they might've been totally brainborked back then by GOD AI? I kinda thought that was the deal for Bastion units, but that they were kind of strung along by something beyond them. Sort of like... hm. Little pre-made child soldiers, not built for civilian life, and destined to die, but with awareness of things if they weren't having god AI messing w them.

I've also been holding out for the status on characters like Snowball though haha.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  17. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I played today with a Genji who actually stopped spamming jump long enough for me to heal them as Ana and I feel like I've seen some sort of cryptid

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  18. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I always feel direly insulted when one does that. Or when a DPS goes healer when I'm solo healing. Like, intellectually I get that it's a courtesy, but also, fuck that and fuck you, you think I'm not good enough I'LL SHOW YOU HEALING.

19. Aondeug

Those are the rare Genjis I deem worthy of existence.

• Agree x 1
  20. Morven

I find it fascinating how Mercy mains are increasingly forming their own community with blogs, discords, forums etc. just for Mercy mains. I haven't seen that for any other character.

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice