Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Just got D.Va's new skin, which I love!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

It reminds me of a stand mixer

• Agree x 2
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Also added my junk to spreadsheet......

4. Morven

Poor Hana though, having to deal with genuine 1960s vinyl seats. That mech is going to be sweaty.

(I like that they included that detail tbh)

• Like x 2
  5. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Lucio's music in his new skin is amazing and I love it.

• Agree x 1
  6. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

I got Pharah's guitar bit, which is one of the best dance emotes.

Also... planning to 100% Bastion's stuff is a pain, esp since they just got a new legendary skin, but... at least I got the new dance emote. (im. actually glad they went with something more fun for bastion's dance emote than i thought they would)

• Agree x 2
  7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I like how noisy their dance is.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    • Like x 1
  8. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

• Winner x 10
    • Like x 1
  9. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

@Saro thank you for making me aware of the spreadsheet! I've added my info now too.

• Agree x 1
  10. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Yunno, as much as I fucking love challenging Pharahs for aerial dominance as D.va and Winston, it's generally a really shitty idea that doesn't work and distracts me from my actual fucking job(s) (peeling for healers/chasing down flankers and enemy healers), so I really fucking don't appreciate it when our team's mcfucking Widow types "sigh, winston you have to get the pharah." Excuse you, dickhead, that ain't my goddamned job. I'm going after their Lucio and taking their tanks' eyes off your ass and feeding our Ana ult charge. Yunno, like a goddamned Winston. You take out the Pharah, you are her direct goddamned counter.

Also heard today; someone complaining about a team comp with both an Ana AND a Lucio!! What are you even supposed to do with that many healers!!! Someone has to actually kill someone, guys, and lord knows it ain't gonna be me! fuck off, fuck off, fuck off.

• Agree x 3
  11. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Taking out Pharah would require the Widow to actually aim and lord knows they can't do that.

• Like x 3
  12. Morven

Though I'd say 76 is a better Pharah counter than Widowmaker. Widow takes more skill.

13. KingStarscream

There's enough bad Widows out there that I tend to swap to Pharah for countersniping (because I'm also a very bad Widow) but that's... no excuse for a Widow to ask the goddamn tank to take care of the uppity bird in the sky. Hitscan is hitscan is hitscan. 76 might be the best at taking her out because skill curve, but Widow is definitely up there along with Ana and Mccree-- the whole point is that you don't have to wait for your rockets to make their leisurely way over to where the Pharah might be, so you can take her out.

• Like x 2
  14. Morven

Exactly. I'm just so used to terrible players (not excluding myself) and it's rare to see someone who plays Widow well enough to take out Pharah reliably, so I don't instinctively recognize her as a good counter :)

15. KingStarscream

Speaking of Widows though-- I'm seeing a lot more people who are pretty damn good at her in QP. The Ideal is when you get two pro-Widows who are keeping each other locked down the entire match, but I've been both the poor fuck held down in spawn by a sniping queen and the guilty bastard steamrolling a team because our Widow won't let them out of spawn.

It's a weird feeling.

16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Favorite thing which I do: take out the giddamn pharah as mercy. I'll pellet you

• Winner x 3
  17. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Also I had a game-saving Mercy play where I took out a tank and a something on the point in overtime, it was pretty sick

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  18. Morven

Honestly QP teaches me awful Mercy habits. I'm way too ready to quit healing and switch to the pistol because I know my useless team can't hit a barn at ten paces.

Often nobody but me even tries to take out the Pharah. Fortunately landing a couple of shots tends to make Pharahs retreat and go after more clueless targets.

Last match I got fifteen elims as Mercy, 10 objective kills. Just in the first round on Ilios. Both sides were useless. Unfortunately I think someone on their team noticed me getting kills and focused me a lot for the rest of the match.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  19. Morven

What the fuck is it with teams where nobody is willing to fucking tank? I could, but then who'd heal? And I'm a better healer. Haven't they noticed that no tank == lose, 95% of the time? Tank's there to take all the fire your squishy DPS can't handle.

• Agree x 2
  20. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

sometimes you just get matched with a buncha DPS players, or a buncha people who have their hearts set on DPS for this one round. It happens with tanks and healers too, on occasion. Not often, but sometimes I do get groups that instalock all the godsdamned tanks or Mercy/Ana/Zen. And hell, it ain't like all DPS can't work out. I've done successful defenses with Sombra and Torb standing in for healers.

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice