Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

You can do it, but I find the teams that nobody's willing to switch tend also to be the ones that most of them suck.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I've just gotten to the point where when people lock in all offense and defense I'm just like "screw all y'all you can heal your damn selves I'm gonna tank because no one will stay together anyway"

• Agree x 3
  3. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Lunar Base on the PTR!!

• Like x 4
  4. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Either that or "Hey, this is a perfect opportunity to practice Widowmaker! Nobody cares if we win!"

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
  5. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

i am so happy you widowmaker when you have given up too

• Agree x 1
  6. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

• Like x 3
  7. Aondeug

• Winner x 1
  8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

9. KingStarscream

A Genji watched me fly into a trap (because I was healing him) watched me get blown up by the Junkrat's bombs (because he didn't deflect any of them) and then... hit 'need healing!' because one of the bombs glanced off him.

Genji mains.

• Witnessed x 7
    • Agree x 1
  10. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

A surprising number of Genji's don't seem to realize they can use deflect to save allies. Then again, a surprising number of players don't seem to realize that any aspect of their kits can be used to save allies, up to and including bodyblocking. Like, there's a ton of Lucios who won't speed boost you round a corner, they'll just try and outheal incoming damage with their pitiful 30 hp/second, and I dunno how many times I've died to Meis and Mccree stuns with full health tanks around who coulda took that blow for me. :/

• Agree x 1
  11. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

A surprising number of Genjis don't seem to realize that they have allies to begin with.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 2
  12. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

@tinyhydra you inadvertently hit me in a 'this makes Jaz cross' area and I need to shriek briefly about how (silently) mad I get when Li plays D.Va and doesn't use her Defense Matrix to eat up incoming fire from that ulting Reaper or Roadhog, it does my flipping head in.

• Agree x 1
  13. Aondeug

I just don't get that. Like I'm not great at it, but I at least try to save people with my shit. Like if I'm D.Va and someone is shooting our healer or something I'll zoom over and defense matrix that shit. If I can't for whatever reason I'll just park my stupid ass in front of them. Fuck it. Mercy will body block. She don't care. She has regen up the ass.

I WILL SAVE THE WORLD.

14. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Yeah! Like, half the shit people'll gripe your ear off about is stuff that's easily countered by working as a goddamned team. Mei has to hit a target with 30 ammo from her freeze machine before they freeze, so if you fucking dogpile her ass, she can't fucking get off her freezy headshot thingy. Don't be alone, and Mei can't hurt you. A D.va can keep a Pharah off your hitscans for long enough to take her out, even if your hitscans aren't very good. Lucio, Reinhardt, and Zarya can bait the shit of Hogs, making them waste their hooks by randomly speeding up, playing broke wing duck with the shield, and bubbling respectively. It's a team game, it works well when you look out for each other.

• Like x 3
  15. KingStarscream

Mei's a lot less aggravating the more I play Orisa too. There's something deeply satisfying about watching one sprint away in terror when she realizes that Fortify means no movement affecting debuffs apply. Including hers. Especially hers.

Though honestly, the thing that weirds me out about D.Vas not eating ults is like... cmon, that sweet sweet satisfaction though! Why would you let a Pharah/McCree/76/Reaper/Hog/etc get their ult off when you can just... eat it. Eat it like Reinhardt or Winston eats your goddamn ult. Do to them what they do to you and all that.

(I like chasing ulting DPS because oh my goodness the outrage when it does nothing, it feeds me.)

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

i have actually seen defense matrix swallow zarya's black hole, too

17. KingStarscream

It can eat Mei's ult and Orisa's right click too. Also a Hanzo ult if you catch it right as he's firing it. Very useful ability if you can time it right.

18. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Yes! I've gotten pretty okay at eating dragonstrikes, but that's cause it has such a huge windup. I still have trouble telling when a grav or blizzard is coming, but Hanzos like 9/10 times just stand still and let you kill them if you eat their ultie, and it's lovely.

19. KingStarscream

Man, if you're gonna do the "Symm tele off a cliff" gag can you at least like.... contribute a little to the team beforehand?

edit: I mean, no matter what reaction you want, I'm assuming 'tired sigh and report for inactivity' isn't one of them.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    • Agree x 1
  20. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

All the matches I played today were super one-sided. :/ either pummeled or got pummeled.

• Witnessed x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice