Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

so here's a thing

• Winner x 2
  2. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

a better thing

• Winner x 1
  3. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

• Informative x 1
  4. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

So, I just got 1,935 healing on sombra
    I

• Winner x 4
  5. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

If you spectacularly lose the first two checkpoints on defense on King's Row, have no real healer, and keep the main big health pack hacked for the entire like seven minutes you have to stop the cart, you can get over 5k healing down and beat out the enemy Ana for the heal card. I have managed the feat once, and it was lovely. First point defense doesn't tend to give the defenders decent access to big health packs, but final points are pretty good for Sombra farming ult charge.

• Agree x 1
  6. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I feel like Lucios don't even fucking try to heal sometimes. Like they think just being there is enough. No, fuck you, you have to know where to be and who to be supporting, you have a limited range, you have to goddamn think about where you are and what the hell you're doing. If you are solo healing as Lucio, you can't just run off and do your own thing and expect that to turn out well. Zen used to be the healer I feared seeing the most, but these days I dread a goddamned Lucio.

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 1
  7. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Zens tend to get distracted by DPSing, that's their biggest flaw there really. Lucio, the problem is that they just shifted him to a more balanced and less healing-only role and that means ppl are going wild with his offensive capabilities at the exact same time the healing radius got nerfed :(

OTOH both of them are great if the healing load isn't heavy, bc Zen has accurate and rapid fire plus the discord orb and can take out Pharahs well whereas Lucio can stay in speed mode and the team can overwhelm the opposition by movement.

• Agree x 4
  8. Morven

Speaking of Kings Row: I hate how often nobody on attack wants to be a shield tank even when it's obvious it's not working with Zarya/Winston/D.Va.

9. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

ONLY DIVING IN MORVEN NO SENSIBILITY.

10. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

On one hand: as a healer, I TOTALLY GET why you would prioritize Roadhog. Because he's a fantastic ult builder, right?

On the other hand: I am completely bugfucking useless as a primary tank if you're so far up the Roadhog's offtank ass that you might as well be serving it for dinner.

• Agree x 1
  11. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Pocketing Hogs too hard robs them of their own ult charge. it's a bad move all around. Dunno how many times a well meaning healer has caused me to waste my self-heal.

• Agree x 1
  12. Morven

True, Hogs get ult charge from self-healing too, don't they?

It's a bit of a tradeoff bc healing the Hog gives Mercy ult charge for a pinch res, so ...

I never, ever pocket someone so hard that others suffer. It's more "this guy's gonna get hit hard so let's start the healing a touch early"

13. Mendacity

What a play

• Winner x 2
  14. KingStarscream

Man, you know what? I wish they'd apply Junkrat's buff to all heroes who can self-damage with explosions.

15. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I think people'd be upset about that. People use Soldier's rockets and Zarya's right clicks for positioning, and you can get extra height with Pharah if you rocket jump at the right time and come at certain maps from interesting angles. I guess you could make it like Rat's mine, and still apply knockback without damaging them, but. Ehh.

16. KingStarscream

Honestly? If you can manage the physics of the knockback without the damage on Junkrat's mine, I think it's not wholly unreasonable to say 'hey, it'd be cool to have some of that on other characters'. I can do it with my concussion mine without self-damaging after all.

17. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I think I'd have an issue with Pharah not being hurt by her own rockets, just cause I think it allows or encourages her to be played in a way she's not supposed to be played. Pharah is a slow firing but powerful character who requires that you predict enemy movement and account for projectile speed from great distances to deal damage, and that makes for an interesting balance of strengths and weaknesses, one of which being that she can't be with the group in the thick of a fight. She's. You can't really peel as Pharah. She's kinda stuck in attack mode, and struggles to defend her teammates. She's kinda slow to deal with issues as they arrive, slow to deal damage. IDK if I'm explaining this right. I'd be kind of upset if you let Pharah wade into a fight and blow up right in people's faces without punishing her for it. I'm kinda displeased that they let Junkrat do that, tbh. But, I mean, Pharah deals 120 damage with a direct hit, with a straight firing projectile. If you let her get up close and personal with people, it gets to being way too easy to hit those 120 damage shots.

18. Mendacity

i play overwatch for those moments where both of you are tanks, both of you know you could one shot each other, and instead you back up and the other guy waves 'hello'
    and you just??? wave back???
    and a truce is formed

• Winner x 2
  19. KingStarscream

On the flipside, it's also incredibly tiresome to be doing your thing and have a D.Va just... fly at you. Bam, you're dead. It's not even that I want to jump into fights, I would just really like to be able to make a mistake and clip a wall while trying to deal with the Widow no one else is looking at and not die instantly because of my fuckdamn rockets being made of foolishness and hate.

• Like x 1
  20. KingStarscream

Though on a slightly less exhausted note, Lucio/Mercy works shockingly well for holding a point, especially when all your teammates were kind enough to die within flying range.

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice