Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Could still be "Mercy tried to rez him and it went Badly because she didn't account for Moira's tinkering."

• Agree x 2
  2. dky

dky burnt toast

I really like the lore with Moria’s Bio it gives new info on talon that I’m pretty sure wasn’t available before?

It gives some pretty cool background/cover info on them.

Additionally it gives more info on how messed up Blackwatch was, and how Talon had its claws in Blackwatch for a while (most likely, if Moria being affiliated with then from the start can be trusted)

I can’t wait to see how her character impacts gameplay and stuff :D

• Like x 1
  3. dky

dky burnt toast

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

She's cool but yeah I'm disappointed that Mercy being behind what happened to Reaper might no longer be a thing.

• Agree x 2
  5. lex

lex + 0.2% luck

doesnt he blame her for it though? (see: "what happened to you?" "you tell me, doc")

i wonder if what happened to him involved her scientific advances or if hes just bitter she cant fix him

6. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

My personal take: Mercy has nanomachines that were untested and cutting edge used to resurrect Gabriel Reyes. Moira has genetic modifications that were untested and cutting edge used on Gabriel Reyes for the purpose of a Blackwatch-specific super-soldier program. Given that it's pretty unlikely that those two were actually talking about how their specific fields could maybe go wrong, and given that even today mixing up things like grapefruit and antidepressants can end in disaster, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mix.

So like... both, maybe. Moira gave him cool, but limited, ghost powers, and Mercy got him stuck like that.

• Agree x 4
  7. LadyNighteyes

• Agree x 10
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

@LadyNighteyes I read a Talon!Mercy fic with more or less exactly that premise haha

9. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Moira's in the PTR! A little bit of playtime on her and a no limits match have me thinking that she's probably in a pretty good spot-- obviously everything relies on how well she goes down in live, but I'm happy that her healing is definitely superior to her damage, and her ult's not too shabby but not utterly gamebreaking either.

10. LadyNighteyes

My sibling is apparently having a grand time playing Roadhog against teams with 4-5 Moiras and consequently being functionally invincible until people switch.

I can hear the gloating from my room.

• Winner x 2
  11. lex

lex + 0.2% luck

the best dva ults are the ones where the only thing that pops up on your killfeed is a junkrat trap or a widow mine

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  12. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

the ranking system is actually so messed up
    did all my placements in a row, playing w 3 of my friends, 80% mercy 25% zarya 5% other stuff when the situation was truly dire
    we lost 7 games out of 10. my friends are all plat. i got placed at 3404
    I have literally never been that high before blizzard what the actual fuck this makes
    no sense
    1. I am not good enough to play against ppl in masters! i'm not!
    2. at least two of my friends are way better than me! & one of them got pushed down to gold during my placements!!!
    3. OK so maybe my mercy is good enough to be in masters soon, maybe, but I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY ZARYA TOO AND MY ZARYA DEFINITELY FUCKING ISN'T WHAT HAPPENED HERE
    i'm gonna fight >:I

• Witnessed x 2
  13. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

i love moira and wanna cosplay her

• Like x 1
  14. Erica

i got a smurf just so i could play dps every once in a while / play something other than mercy in comp without feeling like i don't deserve it
    today i finally levelled it to 25, was gonna do 1 game before bed.... ended up playing all 10 in a row
    result: 2 losses 2 draws rest wins
    3 annoying boys making a big deal out of a ~woman~ being ~on the internet~
    2 really nice teams i very much enjoyed playing with
    1 other girl playing dps (we won)

played like 30% zarya (no one tanks >:I) 30% zen (no one ever heals >:I) & rest pharah & tracer
    i'm plat! :D 2600
    feels super super good this is a confidence boost like whoa & i'm looking forward to actually getting to play normal comp games on it! :D

• Winner x 6
  15. prismaticvoid

Question: my partner is super into Overwatch and being a trans and queer person they are not always super down with the general pool of players. Could I add their battletag to the spreadsheet even though they're not on Kintsugi? I'm gonna check with them but I think it might be nice for them to have chill people to play with.

16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I'm obviously not the Voice of Kintsugi but I think it would be okay!

17. Erica

I'm not exactly the Voice of Kintsugi either but it is technically my spreadsheet & i will use that fact to say that yeah that is totally okay!

18. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I'm personally very in favor of allowing those close to Kintsugiin in the spreadsheet too.

I haven't played in a few weeks due to my living situation but I have been enthusiastically shipping Moira and Mercy, because there's all kinds of lovely tension to milk. Collaborators, rivals, enemies in the end but with some mutual respect still surviving.

• Winner x 2
  19. LadyNighteyes

They released a bunch of dev footage at Blizzcon, and among other highlights, at one point in development their placeholder for the payload was a van with the :shibe: picture on the side.

(Apparently Jeff Kaplan said that maybe if they switched back to that, maybe people would start paying attention to the payload.)

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 1
  20. prismaticvoid

so I discovered the other day that Carolina Ravassa (the voice of Sombra) has a youtube channel and it is remarkably wholesome. This is my favorite probably!

• Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice