Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

My gut says that nano boost is better given to DPS than tanks anyway?

• Like x 1
  2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I think nano boost is generally better on DPS (76 and Pharah while ulting come to mind) but Reinhardt nano boosted is a fucking team wiping monster of a killing machine. He one shots tanks. He one shots everyone. Please stop praying for grandpa, he's too strong and we can't catch him.

edit: Notably, D.Va and Zarya don't seem to get as much out of nano boosting. Haven't seen it hit a Winston yet, though.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    • Like x 5
  3. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I tend to prefer giving it to DPS because of that.

Unless it is Reinhardt in which case he gets it because of what prelations mentioned.

4. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

Lucio/Symmetra is great early on defense, the speed boost can let you get a whole extra sentry or two in a good place before the doors open.

5. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

im on my phone and tried 3 times to get the link thing right before i gave up but this one's my fave: http://wearepaladin.tumblr.com/post/148083101053/huzzahforbiscuits-barallax-this-is-my-new

ive seen double mercies a couple of times! occasionally ppl will switch mid-game, though even that's rare (my assumption is they don't think im doing a good enough job), ONCE i had another mercy join me from the start (if i remember right we had a BUNCH of roadhogs or maybe dvas, so the help was welcome, though i think they switched to smth else half way through <//3 ) aaand the last and most notable two times was when we got c r u s h e d doing an all-mercy game for fun, and then that one time we were five mercys damage boosting and healing one roadhog. good times. (team chickened out of that one too. WHY IS EVERYONE SO SCARED OF COMMITMENT.)

i see/am part of ana/mercy mercy/symmetra and lucio/mercy team ups all the time though! zenyatta/mercy not as often, probs bc none of my friends ever play him....

would be very interested in seeing/being part of ana ulting someone who isnt a tank, it sounds amazing. fingers crossed i can talk my mini-group into it?? :')

• Like x 1
  6. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Roadhogs with Nano boost Ulting is pretty much guaranteed to wipe the team. The speed and the spread are too good. Reinhardts tend to overextended, and you can kill them good by baiting them way back.

7. Aondeug

My best game as Ana I boosted our then ulting Roadhog. Gods it was beautiful. It was the play of the game too which I watched with pride. Look at my baby go. Murdering them all like the dogs they are.

• Like x 1
  8. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Has anyone had any luck courting with Ana? I keep trying to seductively flash my "Nano boost is ready" in the hopes someone'll go "oh hey, I would like to stack ults!" but so far literally nobody has answered me. Everytime I hit the Roadhog and he Ults it's a suprise. A lovey suprise, but still. Goddamn.

• Like x 1
  9. Morven

I've seen that a lot. Reinhardts tend toward pushing too far ahead of their support (probably due to their charge) and are vulnerable because of that.

10. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I think maybe I just read too much into things and expect others to do so as well. When a Zarya says she's got her Graviton surge, what I hear is "hey [Junkrat/Pharah], you wanna [suggestive look] collaborate?". I mean, why the fuck would they say it if they weren't asking for something?? Herd peeps together for a Pharah/Junkrat/Reinhardt, stick close for Lucio/Zenyatta, keep the focus off Mercy/Symmetra.

11. Morven

That's what it should be but I think people aren't (yet?) good at realizing this.

12. Aondeug

I always let people know just in case anyway. And I make sure to listen for when people do it themselves. Sadly I can't do much else save keep on doing what I do and hoping though.

13. Morven

I haven't been announcing them much as Mercy. I'm not sure if announcing them would encourage people to protect the healer, or people to do stupid things because I might res them.

• Like x 1
  14. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

I used to occasionally announce mercys as a way to say 'listen up gang i need all of you to get on the point and fucking die' but it never really worked out so these days i only tell my skype peeps.

15. Aondeug

Oh I never announce it as Mercy admittedly. I don't see the point. I don't trust you assholes enough.

• Like x 1
  16. Morven

Plz all die so I can res you all and get POTG kthx

• Like x 2
  17. Aondeug

Honestly now I want to do it just out of the hopes everyone is stupid and kills themselves. So I can then not res them and not heal them. I am not sure why I want to do this save to be mean. I won't.

but i want to

• Like x 1
  18. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Speaking of dick moves, someone on my dash was talking about how the Symmetra teleporter off a cliff meta is too widely known now, so there needs to be a new meta: Wait until the cart is past point A on London, run all the way back to previous enemy spawn as Sym and leave your teleporter there.

Have fun trekking all the way back to catch up, assholes.

• Like x 2
  19. Morven

To punish them for their dumbassness.

20. Aondeug

Gods that almost makes me want to try her now.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice