Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Genji can reflect it, too. And since it's uninterruptable, Reaper basically just has time to go "OH SHI-" before dying. Sibling has also concussion-mined him just as he ulted, resulting in him flying through the air, spinning harmlessly and hilariously.

Other important facts: I'm not sure how much of it is bias because of the specific people putting most of the OW on my dash, but I have yet to see one single het ship.

• Like x 2
  2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Apparently Symmetra/Junkrat is ridiculously popular in the tumblr rp scene, which mostly leads to me scratching my head in puzzled confusion? And, jokingly, Winston/Tracer.

But other than that, I've been seeing an aggressive campaign in favor of f/f and m/m and I am loving it.

• Like x 2
  3. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Found one!

• Like x 1
  4. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

I've seen a bit of Mercy/76, on the grounds of Team Mom and Team Dad, but yeah, I love how overwhelmingly non-het everything is too.

5. littlepinkbeast

I love how most PotG videos you actually see the person's view of them running around killing a bunch of people
    and then every time I get one as DVa all it shows is my view of me hitting the button and bailing and running around a corner

• Like x 2
  6. KingStarscream

You know that "oh shit it's Torbjorn, jacking off which his turret kills my incredibly incompetent team" image macro? That's... most of my POTGs these days. Between him and Symmetra, I get a distressingly high number of 'turret potg' replays.

7. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Sibling linked me to a video a while back of a Torbjorn PotG where the camera was focused on his corpse slowly falling off a wall while his turret killed everything in the next room over.

• Like x 3
  8. KingStarscream

Aaaa I wish there was an easy way to save Highlights onto your local drive. I got three POTGS for around nine matches, and I was ruling the skies as Pharah. It was great!! I am bad at recording/streaming though, so I have no idea how to save them.

On the bright side, I finally got her pixel and cute sprays. I have been d y i n g trying to get them.

• Like x 2
  9. mrozna

mrozna bloodthirsty hussar fuck

• Like x 9
  10. KingStarscream

11. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Just realized:Hanzo totally has prosthetic legs as well.

• Like x 1
  12. KingStarscream

Ooo that's a good one too. Moony and I were talking about how Mercy's entire body is completely covered, pretty similarly to Genji's. It'd be plausible for her to test run cybernetic additions on herself before (or after) fully upgrading his body.

I added both of them with caveats since it's not confirmed, and a special mention to Reaper because of the whole smoke thing.

There's also an interesting bit of meta about Reaper's mask shape here!

• Like x 7
  13. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I ran into Symmetra/Junkrat before, and I kinda ship it based solely on the fact that Symmetra would utterly loathe Junkrat. So, opposites attrack seems to account for that one, but the real mystery here is Junkrat/Mei.

Anyway, I got it three days ago and have been playing like an asshole. I main Junkrat, Zenyatta, and Symmetra. i wasn't super enthused about her at first, but then i discovered that since your gun doesn't require accuracy, you can just charge up to big dudes and run circles around them and fell them like goddamned trees. D.vas especially, in my experience. She's so great.

14. KingStarscream

Oh dude, if you wanna talk about characters that utterly loathe Junkrat? Mei is at the top of the list. A friend of mine mains Junko, and every single time we have a Mei in our team, she snipes and takes potshots at him. She hates his guts.

I haven't gotten any dialogue between Symmetra and Junkrat though, which is the majority of the reason I'm puzzled. It's just... such a dark horse ship? I bet it's fun as hell though.

Symmetra works best as an aggro defender. (So does Torbjorn, imo, but a lot of people don't think to play him that way.) Floor sentries are great, and I love sprinting at enemy Reinhardts and eating them alive when I play her.

• Like x 1
  15. littlepinkbeast

Sentries around the door the attacking team is going to come out of is pretty funny, too. Not necessarily effective, but funny. I've mostly been maining D.Va and Pharah, with occasional forays into Mei and Zarya.

16. KingStarscream

I would love to put together one of those six-of-one-hero teams with Symmetra. The only videos I've seen have been people who are just bad at playing her, so it ends up being a parade of errors and frustration.

Think about it. 24 turrets around the spawn entrances, with the remaining 12 just far enough out that they'll catch any Genji, Tracer, or tank that tries to sprint out and come back to destroy them.

It would be cruel. It would be effective. It would be so easy to set up with the right team.

• Like x 5
  17. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

so i actually ended up in a team that did a series of 6 of 1 hero games. it was amazing. we did junkrat, which completely cheesed the other team until they all went pharah, at which point they wrecked us, then we went d.va & didn't do so hot, & finally we went all mei & tanked route 66.

@PRelations i will 100000% do an all symmetra team with you & anyone else who's on board, that is one of my goals. she's my second most played. just think of how much health we could get with all the shields

• Like x 3
  18. KingStarscream

It actually turns out you can't double up on shields! Or armor from Torbjorn, or harmony orbs-- it looks like the only doubling up on health has to be multiple supports and/or something like multiple Mercy beams on one target or multiple Lucios running in sync.

I think the shields regen though, so that's part of why. And if everyone shields everyone else, we all get to boost each other with our beam.

(Coordinated teleporter drops though. Everyone holds their ult except for the Symmetra best in position to drop a teleporter where it's needed. It gets destroyed? Good thing there's five more of us waiting in the wings.)

19. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

this team sounds like a complete nightmare to go against. i really want to do it
    the maps i can think of that we'd completely destroy on are probably temple of anubis, watchpoint gibraltar, king's row, & volsakaya. maybe dorado? idk. those are the ones i can think of that a single symmetra can do significant wreckage on, since there's a bunch of chokepoints.
    OH also hanamura, i think? i haven't really been successful on that map as symm, but i've seen it done

20. KingStarscream

Numbani, Temple of Anubis, and Hollywood are the ones I have the most success on actually. Gibralter would be hard to pull off because of the top exit, and Kings Row and Dorado for similar reasons. Choking wouldn't be hard (you could definitely Fuck People Up) on all of those, but the specific spawn strategy would probably work best on Volskya, with only two exits.

Anubis would probably be the second easiest, especially if you decided to play conservative and only send half the Symmetras to spawn camp with the rest creating death traps on the three routes up to the point.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice