Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

I really don't know. We could be here all day trying to comprehend it.

2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

It's a known issue, I think.

(Also, if we have any Junkrat mains: there is a known issue with his tire not registering kills in your hero overview/competitive point allocation which they will hopefully fix soonish.)

• Like x 1
  3. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

I'd guess that if two people do damage and get "kill" credit, and you healed them both, you get two assists for one kill.

• Like x 1
  4. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Ah, Blizzard quality software.

@Aqua Vitae: maining Mercy is particularly hard because she's SO squishy and her healing is single target. All of us who main her are probably getting serious healer grumpiness.

• Like x 1
  5. Morven

That might be it.

6. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

But Mercy is the most fun healer to play in certain set ups, yeh? I love using guardian angel, it's so swoopy and fun. of course,it's only fun when your teammates obligingly spread out but still stay in your line of sight. And when do teammates ever oblidge Mercy? Urgh. I try to be good to our healers when I DPS. Except Zenyattas. Fuck Zenyattas. I've gone through too many games without ever getting a harmony orb to give two shits about what happens to Zenyattas. I even played a bunch of Zenyatta just to reafirm that it's not that fucking hard and guess what!! It's way easier than Ana. Fuck, it's super easy. Auto target distance heals. Fuck Zenyattas.

7. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

Maybe I'm just the worst Zenyatta in history, but I wholeheartedly disagree with that assertion. I'm not a very good Ana and I can heal better with her than I can do much support with Zenyatta. Trying to get the reticule to happen for me to launch his Harmony orb at someone feels clunky and the range just doesn't compute in my head. Sometimes I try to Orb people and I get everyone but my target. I'm good at Lucio and Mercy, passable at Ana, but I can't touch him with a ten foot pole because of his healing mechanic that feels like chipping teeth to try and rejuvenate anyone.

8. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Huh, I have issues with every healer cept Lucio trying to reach a specific target in a group. Was kinda hoping that was a console issue. Hm.

I guess what I'm griping about is the Zenattas who chose him specifically for the chaos orb and who will keep firing away while I stand at a quarter health right in front of them. His damage is too good, so people choose him without any intention of playing a supportive role, and it's super obnoxious.

9. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

Zenyatta is best paired with another healer, I've found.

10. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Every healer works best with another healer. Means that the group can split up and everyone's still got support, lesons the chance of being caught without heals, etc. Plus, healers tend to be better about noticing other healers in distress. I've been attached to full health tanks who know full goddamn well I'm being attacked cause my health bar is displayed on their screen, I'm screaming help, and they can see and hear the Tracer zipping around gunning for my ass, and they've still refused to turn around and help me, but I've had Ana and Lucios from halfway across the map pull off some serious fucking heroics to keep my Mercy moving.

• Like x 2
  11. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I'll admit, it's really hard for me to remember my healers (other than Mercy) because... I don't get health bars for them if I'm not healing. When I'm zipping around as Symmetra, I tend to act as Healer Protector, because there's not a hell of a lot else I can do with all those health bars on my screen, but other than keeping an eye on the general area of our healers, I can't always tell if they're in distress as a DPS/Tank.

(Which isn't to say that tanks that don't turn around for their Mercys aren't shitheads, because they totally are. Fuck those guys forreal.)

Also re: Zen's heal being hard to aim, that's true for me on PC too. I can usually pretty consistently target properly with Mercy or Ana, but Zenyatta's orb just doesn't like to go where I send it. Symm's shields are the same way, but those I can just E spam until everyone's shielded. Zenyatta's orb... less so. Ana puts out better and more consistent long range heals though, so I'm not surprised that most of the Zens out these days are dickhead DPS dealers who have no idea how to heal orb.

12. Morven

I absolutely LOVE playing Mercy. But she's the one that suffers IMO the most from not being defended. Ana and Zenyatta can heal from distance. Lucio has speed to escape, a knockback, and a gun that doesn't interrupt his healing.

• Like x 1
  13. Morven

Mercy-with-stupid.jpg

Me, after an annoying match

• Like x 9
  14. Morven

That was one of my ranked games yesterday. Full of the stupids. Fortunately the next one was full of the smarts. Still knocked my rating back down to under 1700 though. Grumble.

15. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Urgh. I Mercyed a match against a team who always stayed in groups of two or three when they left the point, and throughout it all, faced with the unarguable success of playing as a fucking team my team tried, to a one, to fucking solo kill their whole goddamned team. For fucks sake. I play with people who have reached over level 100, how have they yet to learn how to goddamn push as a goddamn group? I even waited! I fucking waited and watched them all run past me on their way to the fucking slaughterhouse.

16. Morven

The only time those players don't play like it was a solo game is when they want healed.

• Like x 2
  17. Morven

Free console weekend has been fun, @Aondeug and I joined forces and had fun, even though I really suck at console controls.

• Like x 1
  18. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

we can be awful together

• Like x 2
  19. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

• Like x 4
  20. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

omg the fishy as the snowman nose

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice