Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

i actually wasn't thinking of spawn camping with those, just where i seem to do well, but yeah. volskaya's definitely best i think for that, the exits seem like if you could get the turrets placed right you could cover both exits (or at least a decent range). i usually hang back a bit on gibraltar & king's to set up my Web of Pain (tm) somewhere where the other team is definitely going to have to go through (right behind the payload at gibraltar, those two pillars behind the bus at king's)

i'm going to be honest, i forgot hollywood was a map... i have been on route 66 for my entire life i stg. with commercial breaks to lijiang tower. (shakes fist at blizzard roulette system)

sudden off topic swerve: in response to the reload animations gifset on tumblr, this is great (source post)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 2
  2. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

let me tell you the Absolute Worst Thing: three Torbjorns on a ledge in Numbani. I was a Reinhart, and I blocked over 30,000 damage, and was the only one who would go up on the fucking ledge and try to break them. didn't work. Shoulda got a Junkrat to follow me up. Or a Pharah or something. Blow their dumb asses up.

• Like x 1
  3. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Re: Reaper's reload: I mentioned this in CDCF, but Sibling was once riding the payload as Bastion as it went under an arch... when they saw two shotguns fall through the air in front of them.

Needless to say things did not go quite how that Reaper was hoping.

• Like x 3
  4. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Sometimes people draw Roadhog as stupid pretty behind the mask, and I gotta say, it's one of my favorite things.

fuckin, I think I might be attracted to every single one of these characters.

• Like x 4
  5. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

A friend of mine figured out, through devilry, that six Torbjorns on Numbani? It's impossible to get through. Set up right, it is physically impossible to get through the bullet spam and onto the point. Which is horrifying.

(We played against a six Zenyatta team on Hollywood the other day, and those guys nearly plowed us through strategic ulting. It was insane.)

• Like x 2
  6. Leegle

Leegle Electric Beagle-loo

Yesterday we got stuck against a team that kept playing six of something.

We narrowly beat their six-Soldier 76 team (some of them switched midway through) and when they came out the next round with six Zaryas we almost shat our pants (luckily most of them switched to more annoying characters partway through).

7. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

My sibling has said they feel that when people have a party comp like that, it is a moral victory just to force them to switch. :::PPP

8. KingStarscream

I FINALLY GOT THE SIX SYMMETRA TEAM OF MY DREAMS.

We lost the first point on Temple of Anubis, and then switched to a team of six Winstons. It was beautiful, and the team we were playing against were great sports about it.

9. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I feel like matching sets like that would be more fun if I ever caught one that wasn't fucking Torbjorn. Torbjorn squads just kill fun.

• Like x 2
  10. KingStarscream

Winston squads are hilarious, but especially on console I bet Torbjorn squads are just hell. :/

I think they're nerfing the amount of damage his turrets do, because of the autoaim. I'm not sure if that update's rolled out yet though.

11. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

It's especially awful when you got no means of hashing out strategy. :/ i can't tell you the number of times my Reinhardt has failed to convince a Junkrat or Pharah to follow him into a nest of turrets all ripe for the exploding. Come, children, this is what I am here for! Jesus christ, listen to Grandad!

• Like x 4
  12. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

Just ran into 5x Soldier 76's and a Reinhardt. One of them post-game: "A family can be five dads and a grandpa!"

• Like x 8
  13. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

14. bioluminiscence

bioluminiscence probably not a sword?

I don't know if any of you guys have seen this but it resonates with me and honestly is my favourite overwatch video to this day

• Like x 2
  15. littlepinkbeast

The weekly brawl is Pharah and Mercy only. I expect it'd get old quick, but once or twice it's goddamn hilarious to have both entire teams swooping through the air lobbing missiles in each others' general direction. We had to defend Volskaya and I think we spent more time in Overtime trying to clear all six of them off the point at the same time than we did in the actual countdown.

• Like x 3
  16. littlepinkbeast

also if I had any idea how to record and edit videos and enough ability to do things that i could get anything done ever this song is just begging to be turned into a DVa highlights reel.

• Like x 2
  17. KingStarscream

This weekly brawl is my OTP?

Blizz is giving us what we really want.

(I can't wait to be the asshole that's actually good at the character you're restricted to. I am delight.)

• Like x 3
  18. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

It's so hilarious, but goddamn, I make a terrible Mercy. I get kill hungry. I can't help it, I thirst for blood.

But if I'm not Mercy, how am I to coax another Mercy into an infinite heal circle?? I did it for several glorious seconds, tanking Pharah hits like an annoying jackass.

• Like x 1
  19. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

But seriously, I cannot stress how much fun that fucking brawl is. It's utter fucking chaos. The kind of chaos where you can end up damage boosting a Mercy who is also damage boosting you in midair with no idea how either of you got there.

• Like x 2
  20. littlepinkbeast

i want to see a circle of six mercies all daisy chained healing each other. or alternating heal - boost - heal - boost. or like five mercies all damage boosting a single pharah.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice