Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. garden

garden lucid dreamer

i played a game of 1v1 and it was a ton of fun except for one weird round where we were torbjorn that went nowhere... that round was a draw haha

2. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

In 1v1s, are you locked to the same hero, or does someone pick Roadhog and win?

3. garden

garden lucid dreamer

You're both randomly assigned the same hero each round. That is, each round is a different random hero, and you're both locked to that hero for the round.

4. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

some of the 1v1 go on for very long times
    (example: d.va, mei)

once in 3v3 d.va was the last person on the opposing team and she was out of her mech and instead of trying to fight she ran away and managed to hide all the way until she had her mech again
    and then she won
    it was decribed in-chat as survival horror, overwatch style

• Like x 10
  5. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

3v3s are one life or something? It's really neat that they're making new gamemodes and shit!

• Like x 2
  6. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

What I learned today; Overwatch does not give you the kill if you punt D.va's mech over a cliff while it's already dead, causing her to eject straight to hell. D.va was a good sport about it, tho. Waved at me!

• Like x 4
  7. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

@Aondeug and I were talking the other day about how creepy D.Va really is. She is not just a cute bunny idol singer, nor a gamer brat, she's also a combat veteran against Omnics and probably has seen a lot of terrible things. And yet she is treating war as if it were Starcraft, a game. A high-stakes game, but a game nonetheless. No way in hell is she not hurt on the inside. She's pushing away the reality through trying to make it all a game. So basically dissociation I think and PTSD and a bunch of other horrible stuff.

I want to get inside that head with a fic and show something of it, still trying to think of a storyline though.

• Like x 8
  8. Morven

Goddamn it I will have to learn a lot more about Korea to pull THAT fic off. Fortunately my brother Lucien is a Professor of Korean Linguistics and lived for many years there, so I might be able to bounce a thing or two off him. Hmm.

9. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

If she doesn't eat cup of noodles with american cheese slices in it I will personally cry on your door step.

10. Morven

She's the junk food queen. Her metabolism is so boosted she burns it off. She's a designed child, I bet. Made to ensure Korea's continued dominance in Starcraft.

(warning, this post not 100% serious)

• Like x 1
  11. Aondeug

Oh she is definitely a designed kid.

12. Morven

Accelerated growth at least, I suspect, since she's been doing adult-ish things for years. Her and Mercy are both too young for their histories, way too young. Was Mercy a designed kid too? A prototype perhaps?

13. Aondeug

That would just add to Mercy's tragic backstory and potential issues so yes. YES OF COURSE.

• Like x 1
  14. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

There was a post on my dash that went something like "D.Va and Reinhardt in the 'creates a bigger than life persona to hide the crippling PTSD inside' club" and I think that's pretty apt.

• Like x 9
  15. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

See also; reasons why D.va and Rein make an excellent pairing.

• Like x 1
  16. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Incidentally, live play with Symmetra vs a horde of Sombras furthers my "Symm is a hard counter to Sombra" theory, because my god I was eating them alive.

edit: 3v3 and 1v1 remain a blast, and I'm finding that if I chatter and make jokes in team/match chat, I get a lot of good chatter back. It's seeming like most of the tryhard assholes are sticking to things where they can blame their teammates, not themselves.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    • Like x 5
  17. Aondeug

Wrote a shitty poem. I haven't done a narrative thing in a while now. So I am very rusty where narrative is concerned. Yaaaay. Gotta start somewhere though and the Ana/Mercy tag desperately needs more works.

• Like x 1
  18. Morven

It's worth it just to gross out the ewwkiddies.

• Like x 5
  19. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

If anyone's around and interested, I think I might start streaming my playing and stuff b/c I want to. If you wanna watch me fumble on the ptr I think I might be doing that. Won't unless people are interested tho

20. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice