Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

so, a little while ago on tumblr i saw a video of a symmetra carrying a basketball with turrets on it.
    i fuckin did this in a game
    & instakilled an ulting mcree

symmetra is broken & i love her

• Like x 9
  2. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Huh. I wonder if the nerf her turrets got on console make this an nonviable strategy...

3. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

I love the batshit basketball strategies. I also recall one where a widowmaker was shooting a basketball up higher and higher into the air, then grappled onto it and sniped someone from across the map while in the air.

• Like x 3
  4. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Has everyone seen the video with the basketball that had a Junkrat trap, mine, and three Symmetra turrets on it? Not only did it insta-kill people, but it auto-snapped onto to them because of the trap.

Holy shit.

• Like x 3
  5. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Muselk has like five different variants of the Deathball Junkrat/Symmetra strat on Youtube, and they're all pretty quality.

• Like x 1
  6. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Who's been trying out Sombra on the PTR? I'm finding that she fills a lot of the same role as Tracer: flanking, distraction, harassing support. She's very squishy just like Tracer. Don't ever think you can tank hits. Also, her gun has an overheat mechanic that makes it more and more inaccurate if you don't let it cool down, and that takes a while.

• Like x 2
  7. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

yeah, i played her for a little but then stopped because she is way too squishy for my LEEEEROY JENKINS playstyle :p

• Like x 1
  8. KingStarscream

I'm hoping they do put in that tweak to make it more obvious when she's hacking you-- on some characters it's a nonissue (I am thinking fondly of the Sombra who hacked me as Mercy and then watched with impotent outrage as I jumped off a ledge out of easy firing range, and continued to heal the guy I was locked on with absolutely no issue) but for others you can't even tell that she's hacking you until it's too late.

I've heard people complaining that she's too squishy but, well, she's a flanker. She's not meant to run face-first into things. Fantastic utility on defense as well as offense though-- I'm inclined to say she's better on defense, if only for the sheer utility of hacked medpacks.

• Like x 1
  9. Morven

Honestly I find Mercy less squishy because of her self-heal than Sombra is. Mercy's peashooter taught a few Sombras some humility in the games I played; in one match, I killed the enemy Sombra more times than she did me.

• Like x 2
  10. KingStarscream

I think her relative squish is noticable because Tracer's got her back in time mechanic. You know what's bullshit though. Mei being able to keep Sombra from teleporting even if she hit E before the full frozen effect triggered is kind of bullshit.

• Like x 3
  11. kastilin

basketball is the most powerful character in the game, blizzard pls nerf

• Like x 4
  12. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

what if mccree's ultimate was called deadass instead of deadeye

• Like x 6
  13. KingStarscream

Now I'm just thinking of McCree menacing a battlefield with his rear.

• Like x 5
  14. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

The method I've seen is leaving her teleport on top of a hacked medpack, which does just about the same thing as Tracer's rewind dealie. I've only watched gameplay vids of her, and only of Muselk, who is very good at getting out of trouble, apparently, so I haven't really noticed her being squishy. I feel like she's not gonna be a character that suits me well, but then again, I didn't think Winston would suit me and now he's my go-to tank. I guess I'll have to wait till she gets to console to find out.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    • Like x 2
  15. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

i completely forgot that the use of deadass as a common insult is mostly specific to the area i live in but it works anyways

16. kastilin

it's high moon

• Like x 12
  17. KingStarscream

• Like x 9
  18. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

-laughing about the lucio nerf-

-laughing about the mei nerf-

-CONTINUING TO LAUGH ABOUT THE LUCIO NERF-

granny may no longer speed you up but that little fuck with his stupid gun is now less "mandatory"

• Like x 2
  19. Morven

Both Mercy and D.Va got buffed, a happy day for me. Symmetra was untouched as far as I could tell?

• Like x 3
  20. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

What was Mercy's buff?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice