Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

I was on the american server for several hours today and in one of those matches I did Mercy without healing anyone. It was a challenge bc it goes against my every instinct but I (ALMOST) DID IT, and we won anyways, and it was super fun, and I got silver elims and bronze damage. (Don't remember objective kills.) But it was so good, I want to do it again. It's so much fun to just jump around shooting everything you see.

2. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

I misread that as Illinois and got very confused

• Like x 4
  3. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Goodbye, sweet free play weekend, you were beautiful Q.Q

[makes plans for christmas money not yet received]

• Like x 1
  4. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I bought the game because it was on sale for 35 bucks and I had a lot of fun grouping with bf. I'm still a noob but I'm learning!

• Like x 4
  5. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

On a completely different note, if I see someone describe McCree's accent as "southern American" one more time I'm going to shit a brick. I know the cultural geography of the US is nonsensical, but McCree has a Hollywood-Texas accent, and every person in Texas as well as the traditional deep South states will have a three hour argument on why Texas is or is not southern, culturally.

Actually, I don't know a shitton about Overwatch lore, but I would kill for something where McCree was not actually from the Southwest, the accent is part of his exaggerated persona like the outfit.

Edit: not to mention the fact that Texas at least has a minimum of four distinct accents. (accent nerd problems)

Son of edit to avoid triple posting: my boyfriend was like "I bet McCree is from Montana or something and just puts on that accent, some things he says come out really plains" and... True. Especially since Montana does currently have actual cowboys.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    • Like x 11
  6. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

He sounds like he's from Ohio to me! Just very dramatically.

• Like x 2
  7. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

!!!!

• Like x 4
  8. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

LOCAL SYMETTRA MAIN CRYING IN THE STREET

"I'm just so happy," he sobbed brokenly while cradling the PTR to his chest.

• Like x 7
  9. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

im so happy... this is so good
    i can become the symm main i was always meant to be (i'm 2 hours off!)
    "ignores line of sight" i love you blizzard
    "regenerating shields on tele" i will kiss every dev
    extended range.... my friend who hates symm is going to be So Mad, i'm so excited

• Like x 2
  10. KingStarscream

Man the buffs to the ult + changed shield is going to give me so much more utility and uptime. The sentry cd buildup is nice, but that regenerating health on teleporters is going to be SO useful and might actually encourage me to try hiding it rather than dropping it where convinient since a couple potshots out of turret range can kill it anyhow.

FUCK THAT SHIELD GENERATOR IS GONNA BE SO GOOD FOR CONTROL POINT MAPS

11. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Looks like I gotta pick up Symmetra-ing again! Man, it's been ages since I racked up those 14 hours, I bet I'll suck shit, haha.

12. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

-someone teabags me in 1v1-

-i immediately quit the game-

You will act like an adult or else I will get banned for disconnecting midmatch.

• Like x 1
  13. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Yeah, I refuse to play with such people.

14. KingStarscream

Aw geez, I'd hoped the pleasant people from the PTR 1v1 would still be the majority on live too. Whyyyy the tryhards? :(

15. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Overwatch is still better for that in general than most other games I've played.

• Like x 2
  16. KarrinBlue

Can Sombra hack any of Symmetra's new stuff?

17. KarrinBlue

...gotta say I'm getting a little tired of sombra stuff that acts like she's this anti-oppression revolutionary. No, she would not tear down the Vishkar corporation. She flat out says that her goal is to find out who controls the world and control them for her own benefit. She is not a good person. And the fun part is, she can be both a bad person and a fun character who you like! That's a thing that's possible!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    • Like x 7
  18. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

She might tear down the Vishkar corporation specifically if they did something that offended her. Like, I don't think she's a good dude out to help the masses, but she can have some shit that rubs her the wrong way, and Vishkar's.... whole dealie might be kinda offensive to her. Not saying it is, just that, yunno. Might be kinda interesting to see someone like, say, Lucio have to confront that sorta attitude.

I wanna see a Lucio/Sombra/Symmetra three way clusterfuck of contrasting ideals, is what I am saying.

Also, I just wanna point out that I have no clue what Sombra is like. I've been kinda avoiding stuff about her till I can actually play as her.

• Like x 7
  19. KarrinBlue

Oh yeah. But the posts I were thinking about were more 'uwu imagine Sombra freeing Symmetra and tearing down the vishkar corporation while giving all its money to poor people and making out.'

(which, freeing? Sombra'd be interested in being able to MANIPULATE Symmetra, cause she's talented and smart, but it wouldn't really be altruistic... and also I feel there's something sketchy about 'freeing' her, though I can't put it into words.)

(and HELL YEAH threeway clusterfuck of contrasting motivations and ideals.)

• Like x 5
  20. KingStarscream

Yeah, I think Sombra/Lucio/Symmetra is an interesting combo of viewpoints from characters who grew up impoverished and exploited. The post-Omnic crisis world shaped things a little differently, and I'd be inclined to say that Sombra has revolutionary sympathies without necessarily being an altruistic individual.

It's cool, because she's a really neat third to the triangle between Lucio and Symmetra. The anarchist revolutionary leanings and the drive to control everything. None of the desperate sympathy that Lucio and Symmetra both have for the oppressed while still arranging matters in such a way that they are occasionally benefitted from her schemes for herself.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice