Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

today's overwatch experiences: was playing widowmaker, enemy team's tracer accused me of aimbotting
    it was great

i'm not even a good widow. they were just under the illusion tracers cannot be hit by snipers even when moving very predictably on like 5 health

• Like x 7
  2. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

Ugh people are doing the "friendly match" bullshit in overwatch now, I hated it in TF2 and I hate it even more in overwatch where leaving actually carries a penalty

For the uninitaited: the enemy team doesn't attack, and the friendly team doesn't attack. If you attack, everyone berates you, the enemy team attacks you, and your team does nothing to help.

Why the hell does QP still have a leaving penalty if people are allowed to do crap like this?

3. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

...that sounds very dumb.

4. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

There's a leaving penalty? Huh. But, yeah, friendly matches are silly. We already have skirmishes for that kinda shit.

5. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Then how is it fun for anyone?

6. Gyro Zeppeli

If you leave too frequently, it gives you an XP penalty until you play through enough games. I like to save up my "free leaves" for situations where I can't not leave, like impromptu dinner and the like, so I was stuck until the time ran out.

No idea. It was dumb time wasting in TF2 and it's even worse in this game.

7. Aondeug

8. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

me, a humble ana tryin to snipe my teammates to good health: [sleeps the enemy roadhog in his nanoboosted ult]
    our goddamn d.va: [immediately wakes him up & lets him kill all the squishies, including both healers]
    our goddamn d.va: i need healing

• Like x 5
  9. Aondeug

NO BUT REALLY STOP FUCKING DOING THAT SHIT TO US NANA JUST WANTS TO KEEP YOU ALIVE

• Like x 2
  10. Gyro Zeppeli

Lmao winston telling me to kill myself for not healing him, zenyatta can't magically stick an orb on you if you hop a mile away from me on the last point of hanamura

• Like x 1
  11. Aondeug

Shit like that is why my favorite tanks are Roadhog and Zarya when I'm not Mercy. Solely because they can't zoom away. Though even when I am Mercy you'll get people who just zoom around corners or some shit. And I cannot leap through those. The try hard angel suit doesn't work through walls.

• Like x 3
  12. Gyro Zeppeli

See, my favorite is Rein when I'm Zenyatta, but only when they don't go all leeroy jenkins on me. The shield has enough strength to let me eliminate enemies safely, and he has enough meat and punch that any uppity Tracers get whacked if they get close without seriously threatening him.

Roadhog is great too given how quickly he helps me build ult and how the sad times orb helps him seal the deal, but he doesn't do much to keep flankers off my ass.

13. Aondeug

I hate Reinhardts because I do not trust them.

14. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I understand Friendly Matches if it's on a new map-- it was something that happened during Quick Play on Halloween, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was happening now because of Christmas-- but like... custom match is right there and eagerly awaiting you to run around it like an excited five year old in a candy shop.

15. Aondeug

no

no friendly

it is all annoying sounding

Stay on custom.

• Like x 1
  16. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I haven't encountered this, but if I have to go out and hunt the enemy by myself I'll do it. Even as Mercy.

• Like x 2
  17. Aondeug

yes good

derive them of their joy

18. Erica

apparently unpopular opinion: i love friendsmatches and i think i've seen too few of them.
    i love messing around in general? doing stupid gimmicks, trying to befriend the enemy team instead of killing them, whatever. serious business games are for comp. lemme be an annoyance in qp where it doesnt count

eta: that being said i usually save them for when im in a 6 player team. or 5, if we ask the remaining teammate first. so i guess that sort of doesnt count?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    • Like x 3
  19. Erica

ANYWAYS
    I finished my placement matches today (it was... not great) and during the last one I play with a great Mei. He friends & messages me after (i was 100% intending for that to be my last game of the day) and ask if I wanna group up
    part of the exchange goes exactly like this:
    so that's the funniest thing to happen to me in overwatch today.
    (after that we did group up, found a group of 4 that we worked well with, and proceeded to win several games in a row, ending with a draw bc temple of anubis is hell. we crushed all opposition up until then. i've never had that much fun playing comp before. we were so coordinated. I thought I'd be stuck in silver for weeks but now I'm halway to platinum??? whaaaaaat)

• Like x 5
  20. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Having a group makes so much of a difference, especially as support. I'm still stuck in bronze, alas (though creeping up on silver)

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice