Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

one of my friends played a game as widow where he just. ... didn't snipe. at ALL.

it worked out infuriatingly well for him

2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

You know what my favorite thing is? Killing people with Widow's mine. The number of times I've panic-mined tanks and then grappled away while shooting and won is probably more than it by rights should be.

3. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

I wish I could try to play Widow more but it seems like every time I pick her there are really loud and angry complaints.

It's QP, people! It doesn't matter that much!

• Like x 2
  4. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

The results of my grand experiment: there are reasons why I don't play certain heroes. Mostly it comes down to being overly cautious and having shit aim. Torbjorn is surprisingly fun, but I don't have the patience to maintain a turret. I just like handing out armor and the gun is pretty satisfying to use. May play more of him in the future. Will def play more Sombra. She's got a lot of what I like about Tracer to her. Widow is beyond my grasp and Bastion feels mean.

• Like x 2
  5. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

I got Widowmaker's holiday intro with the mistletoe and the boot and the tragic lack of holding the mistletoe right over the boot, so I tried her a bit, and I just turn out to not have a very good fit with her. My sniping is crap when people are all zipping around and alert instead of being slow patrolling NPCs with no idea that they're under attack :P

• Like x 4
  6. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Meanwhile, my black little heart glows a little every time an enemy falls under my Bullet Hell. Defense Turret ftw, especially when I can find a nice sniper post balcony to sit on.

7. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

i got a team kill with one dva ult today
    i'm so proud 0u0

• Like x 8
  8. KingStarscream

Man, I gotta say the size of Sombra's ult is frustrating. It's too small for me to viably use it on half the points* unless everyone is clustered on something like a masturbatory party, and it's really annoying when you get five people in it, but because your team killed one whole person before you ulted, you don't get the achievement.

:|

*presuming that the Torbjorn and Bastion aren't tenderly making love under Reinhardt's shield, at least (which if they're of any decent amount of skill, they aren't)

• Like x 2
  9. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

tbh i got that achieve by throwing myself into teamfights until it happened
    i also played against a genji who was raging about how symmetra needs to be nerfed
    they were against all 4 characters that can't be deflected: zarya, sym, mei, & winston
    ya no wonder they died 10 times to me
    (also as soon as they started complaining i focused them because >:3c & also they tried to hit my mercy)

• Like x 3
  10. Loq

I tried mystery match for a bit and died every time, but it was surprisingly fun! Helps that I got matched to someone who was a good sport prolly, but. At least I know my shitty pc can handle 1v1?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    • Like x 2
  11. Aqua Vitae

I did my second mystery match for the free lootbox and had an opponent who really liked to BM after killing me. They won two in a row with all these taunts in chat and shit but after losing three they just left, lol.

I'm pretty sure I recorded that match, actually. I should try to find it.

12. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

D:<

Bastions are on the same list as Anas. The "Never Let Them Breathe More Than A Second" list. It is a good list. Symmetra is getting her ass on it too.

• Like x 3
  13. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I broke 10k healing as Ana the very first time I played her after like two months of doubting my aim. My aim is still crap, it's just easier than I expected to spam healing at people. I mean, everyone immediately runs out of my line of sight, but if the tanks stay put you can mount a solid defense just on your lonesome! Ana's fun. I'd forgotten.

Sombra is also fun, but I don't use her well. I panic ult a lot when I really shouldn't. Also, it doesn't knock Genji's out of their ults like i'd thought, so that one cost us the match. Sorry my dudes, I'll do better next time.

14. garden

garden lucid dreamer

Twice now I have gone into a 1v1 match, won the first round, and had the other person immediately disconnect. Which... does give me a win, so... yay?

15. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

... You know that actually explains why people are such jackasses in 1v1, if you get a win even if the other person disconnects. Basically they're trying to harass the other player into quitting so they win quicker.

What a dick move.

Congrats to you though! 1v1 is pretty hard to win even one match in, imo.

• Like x 2
  16. KingStarscream

I was fucking around last night as Sombra and had? The dumbest teams? Like, I am not a great Sombra by any means. But I sure did have gold in elims, damage, objective time and kills.

(Two tanks??? And a healer and 76?? And NONE OF THEM TOUCHED THE POINT??? I have never been in a series of games that was so blatantly "the point of attack and defense is just killing people lol whats a payload" in my Overwatch career and it honestly made me feel a little bit like a bad person for steamrolling the other team and my own.)

• Like x 4
  17. Loq

...for all I've played Volskaya in the last few days, I only just noticed the giant robots out the window of the first attack spawn/instancing waiting room. Hello lorge friends.

Eta
    Me: I should learn a tank to indulge my aggro tendencies!
    Also me: well hey tracer and pharah look fun...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    • Like x 4
  18. Loq

the correct response to "Resurrection is ready" is not "jump into the fucking Ilios well" oh my god what is wrong with this DVa
    I can't save you from stupid, come back

• Like x 6
  19. Aqua Vitae

Mercy's not a miracle worker, she does at least need the body. :P

• Like x 2
  20. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

tbh I keep the 'I'm not a miracle worker' line on Mercy most of the time because of stuff like that.

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice