Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

oh hey that's the guy who remixed the MLP Discord song

2. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Love it! And it's so right: the player whining is so often Widowmaker, Genji or Tracer expecting other people to win for them while they play solo killer.

• Like x 1
  3. LadyNighteyes

See also that one billboard the Cards Against Humanity guys paid for before the election. :::PPP

• Like x 1
  4. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

This amuses me.

• Like x 7
  5. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

I don't even go here gamewise, but I have a sudden burning need to know: can genjis reflect an allied ana's darts and will they heal her if they do?

6. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Nah, that's be bad news bears for Genji if he could. I mean, he still needs heals when he's reflecting. It might be kinda funny if his reflected Ana darts could heal allies, though.

7. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

...sudden urge to go into a custom game and see how long you could keep a projectile bouncing between genjis

• Like x 2
  8. Wiwaxia

also wweh i suddenly really wanna play the game but it's spensive and also might literally melt my computer
    /whines

• Like x 1
  9. LadyNighteyes

I've seen a video of two Genjis playing tennis with a Sym ball before. :::PPP

• Like x 2
  10. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

i live to bring you videos like this

• Like x 8
  11. Wiwaxia

Also this rather elaborate doubles tennis setup feat. two Mercies as the net

• Like x 3
  12. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

okay so question
    if I'm absolute balls in quickplay should I even bother trying competitive or does... eh, what's the modifier of 'hectic',' hecticity??? hecticness? of matches decrease as well as chance of running into salty jackasses?

13. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Comp can get more intense than quickplay sometimes, which I think is fun on occasion. I thiiiink you might get a higher concentration of people who are unforgiving or people's shortcomings there, just on accounta how much weight some people put on comp as a measure of their skill at the game. Mind, I've only played comp on the PS4 with the voicechat off, so my thoughts re salty jackasses are pure conjecture.

14. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

Honestly if you just go into comp with the intent of getting matched of people with similar skill, and don't really care about climbing the rankings, I generally find comp with chat turned off better than quickplay with chat turned off.

15. Morven

Plus of comp: most people at least have a slight clue how to play. Con: greater intensity, sometimes (rarely) salty assholes in chat.

Like, in quickplay, I come across people who just don't use character abilities, like a Roadhog who never uses his self-heal.

16. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

What is it about being Winston and Mercy that make me so adept at dodging?? I don't get it, how are those the heroes I'm most capable of staying alive as?? How do I keep winning 1v1s with D.vas???

17. Morven

because d.vas get too cocky and die of it.

D.Va is a character that in general encourages a very aggressive play style, and that can lead you into trouble.

18. LadyNighteyes

• Like x 5
  19. Wiwaxia

So I was looking up tracer voice lines and apparently she says

In the year of our lord like 2076

So the way I see it is the options are:
    1) she's been hanging around Meme Trash grandpappy Reinhardt too much
    2) she took a course on Millennial Internet Culture and Counterculture somewhere and got way too into it

either way, she probably read Homestuck as like "a work of historical metafiction"

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    • Like x 7
  20. Morven

Overwatch has a ridiculous number of sound files, approaching 20,000 before they added Sombra and a bunch since then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice