Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

are you still listening to all of them

2. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I'm working my way through them, there are some indexes of already identified sounds out there

A lot of them are just environmental sounds or the characters making grunts and sighs and shit like that, but still, there's a LOT.

3. Aondeug

have i ever told you how much i love that you're a piece of shit nerd

• Like x 2
  4. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

hmmmmm I just saw a bit of a youtube video in which a guy ranted for a while about how people have no business saying they can't play Lucio if they can play Ana or Zenyatta (with the logic being that out of all the micro-managment you gotta do as a support player Lucio is the easiest one) and that the only reason people do that is that they think Lucio is boring & are being selfish
    Iiiiii'm
    not sure how to feel about that? :/

also, I can't play Lucio worth shit lmao

5. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Ana and Zenyatta have very direct heals while still being able to consistently output damage. I would actually say they're easier than playing Mercy and Lucio, in part because they can make up for lowered DPS if you shoot past you're people.

Mercy's DPS relies on damage boosting others or whipping your pistol out for a quick kill, both of which mean that you aren't healing during that period in time. If your team is low on DPS and really good at getting hurt, as a Mercy you're going to be working your ass off keeping them alive and still probably getting fucked over because of it. But she's still got a direct line of healing. You click on people, your shiny beam heals them. Ana shoots them, it heals them. Zenyatta shits an orb and then frantically bounces it three times because it never goes on the right person the first time, it heals them.

Lucio doesn't have that. Ana and Zenyatta and Mercy are like Holy Priest (arguably, Ana the most because of her grenade, but Mercy's ult too; Zenyatta is more Disc) but Lucio is druid healing. Its anticipatory. It's reading the flow of battle, so you know when to boost, and it's knowing when your healing would be better used for speed instead. And most importantly, Lucio healing requires your team to know how Lucio works, which can be really frustrating for a healer! Because if you're not in the love zone, I can't do fuck, stop asking for healing while hiding behind a wall from me!

(Also Lucio's shots are really hard to get a handle on, so even though he can do DPS while healing, it's actually a skill that needs honing and can't just be instantly transferred from hitscan characters.)

People think he's easy because his healing isn't bouncing around tapping your children in their individual nests to top them off, but that only means that playing Lucio in any sort of non-group scenario is asking for misery. As a Mercy, I can chase a Pharah all over creation to stay safe. Lucio gets to dance on the point, because everyone knows he can, and he doesn't have the option of hiding and doing heals from a distance or zipping through the air to top people off.

edit: I like to think that I can reliably play all of the Support heroes with some skill, but they are all very different playstyles still. Just because they all heal doesn't mean that they all play the same and have exactly the same transferable skill. That's like saying someone has to be good at Reinhardt or Roadhog because they can play D.Va.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    • Like x 7
  6. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I play LĂșcio regularly, and yeah, I agree with the above! He takes some getting used to and is best with a tank who knows what they're doing ime. I love him because of how you have to tell when speed or healing is most beneficial, that's fun to me, but yeah.

7. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Why nag at support players to play Lucio when instead you could shame DPS mains for not touching healers with their cousin's ten foot pole??

• Like x 5
  8. Aondeug

I will play Lucio if you want us to lose because the only healer switched to a support that she literally cannot play. I mean if you want that then ok.

• Like x 2
  9. KingStarscream

Ironically the omnic monk is more of a Discipline Priest healer while the woman in a literal angel outfit is more Mistweaver Monk but I feel like I've made this comparison before.

• Like x 1
  10. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

i'm decent at every support except zen (irony! i thought i'd git gud at him when i started) & lucio is, imo, one of the hardest. you gotta time your heal bursts really well if you want to be effective, as well as being able to boop people away so that they can't keep hitting you (lookin @ you mei)

completely off topic now but i'm starting to be a decent zarya & i'm sad she only has 400 health... all the other tanks have at least 500 but she only has 400
    i die to my own "hahah i'm a tank suck it soldier oh shit my shields are down i guess you won this time" bravado every so often.

• Like x 3
  11. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

God I'm so glad Zarya only has 400 HP. She just fucking shreds through teams in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing. God, I got put in several consecutive matches with all level 10-20s anda different level 70+ Zarya main, I'm not kidding, three separate times. A weird goddamned coincidence, that.

Re, Lucio, I refuse to play him just cause there's no way to make dickheads stop spamming "need healing" at me. I am here, that is literally all I can do for you, stop yelling at me.

• Like x 1
  12. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Also!! Fuck me am I the only loser who picks up health packs?? I keep running into Widows and Hanzos and Ana's who stand at 10 HP five feet from a large health pack, like. Just grab a goddamned health pack, please. Know when to disengage and fucking heal thyself.

• Like x 2
  13. Aondeug

Players are dumb. Very dumb. Healthpacks are lovely. They are life. Though I will admit I don't get them very often as Ana due to her grenade. Sometimes I forget how long the thing's cooldown is and I'm staring at my feet and hopping about as I die.

• Like x 2
  14. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Oh man. I once got to watch a POTG where like the last half of it you can just see me in the background spinning and jumping and staring at my feet while a D.va slowly kills me. Slowly because her aim was shit. Double shame of the game.

• Like x 6
  15. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

!!! I really like the idea of Mercy getting an e ability! My favs are the movement type stuff, because the way Mercy moves is one of my favorite things about her. I like pinballing between targets, and the thing with the flare is especially appealing based on that alone.

• Like x 2
  16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

My husband suggested I watch some of the Overwatch shorts because he thought I'd like them, and the Bastion one made me sad. (And kind of homesick, some of the scenery reminds me of Washington.)

• Like x 1
  17. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

The cleanse idea is my favorite.

18. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Yeah! That one's pretty good too! It might make Mercy an Ana counter, which would be pretty fun. That'd be a fun thing to juggle, deciding who to spend your unfucks on. The one where you can choose to make one person effectively immortal for a few seconds would also be neat, and it's not crazy unbalanced, cause all it does if make it so they can't fall below one health, so if your target doesn't unfuck the situation right quick they're still gonna die. Would help Pharahs and Mccrees sorta counter the vulnerability ulting gives them!

• Like x 1
  19. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

For some reason Lucio is much easier for me to play than Ana or Mercy? I dunno, I guess I'm just pretty decent at positioning myself for max boosts?? Idk. I just like being able to heal more than one target at a time and I'm shit at aiming sooo *shrugs*

• Like x 1
  20. KingStarscream

Oh man, I'd really love the flare idea. Not just for getting the fuck outta dodge, but also for getting back to the fight that much faster.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice