Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I don't even go here, but my friend showed me the "You Should Have Picked Mercy" song/video and now it's stuck in my head

help

• Like x 11
  2. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Do you guys ever think about how D.va's combat experience is entirely based around being a small, lightly armored, maneuverable craft battling kaiju sized omnics in a mob? Going from all that jazz to fighting humans/human sized bots in an urban environment much be fucking nutso! I wonder how much of Zarya's combat experience is applicable to the kinda fights she'd get up to in Overwatch as well. Like, at the very least she's mostly or entirely fought Omnics, and the kinda strats and behaviors they employ might be really different from how human groups do. And they/re both military types, so the entire structure of how Overwatch is run would be pretty jarringly lax, maybe.

• Like x 2
  3. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Did they change Mercy's guardian angel thing when I wasn't looking cause I swear it keeps sending me forward six feet and then into the ground, regardless of how far away my target is.

• Like x 1
  4. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Iit's working normal for me. Sounds like what happens when the LOS is broken?

5. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

I've been experiencing this, too. I think it might be a little glitchy right now. Hopefully it's patched soon?

6. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

It can't be line of sight, cause I'm definitely still seeing the people I'm targeting/have my beam on. And it happens real inconsistently as well. Didn't happen at all my last round, but fucked me right over the round before that.

It also changes direction based on where my target has moved since I've pressed shift, which keeps sending me headfirst into walls. I cannot remember if that's always been a feature or not, but either way, I fail to see how it would in any way help.

7. Morven

Odd, I haven't noticed this at all. I guess that my style of play doesn't do the thing that makes it confused, perhaps?

8. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

The weirdest thing was when I'd jump towards a Pharah in flight, and it'd only take me halfway to her.

• Like x 1
  9. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

I haven't noticed anything about guardian angel, but i could SWEAR somethings fucky with the res range? I've been messing my ults up far more than usual...

and it is DEFINITELY easier to be on fire now sometimes I don't even have to res for it to happen. Appreciated.

10. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

• Like x 1
  11. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

oh, roadhog
    why must you keep yanking me across the map and shooting me in the head
    when i am innocently minding my own business
    just because that business is freezing your teammates solid and shooting them in the head
    is that really any reason to play little bunny fufu with me
    i mean really, that's just rude

but seriously it may just be confirmation bias but I think roadhogs account for more than 50% of my deaths

• Like x 4
  12. littlepinkbeast

also one of the best feeling in the game
    is when you're playing symm on defense
    and you carwash the attackers' main exit
    and someone runs out and dies
    and then someone else runs out right after them and dies

• Like x 3
  13. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

I've heard that the hook change is supposedly great because it pulls them into perfect close meatshot range, but I'm finding myself missing more often than not.

14. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Aim a lil bit down, so you shoot at their meat. That's how I do, and it works pretty good.

15. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

Hm, alright. I used to consider myself pretty good at the hog, but I just noticed that while my hook% hasn't changed, my kills are way lower.

16. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Yeah, I got that too at first. And I've been seeing more Hogs who can't seem to one shot their hook-ee of choice, either. I dunno what's up with that, except it seemed to stop after I started jerking the muzzle down a bit.

But! I don't play a whole lotta hog, so! I only really play him now cause the new legendary skin is adorable.

17. littlepinkbeast

i don't play hog so i don't know about aiming, but i'm having much less success iceblocking between getting hooked and getting shot, now.

18. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Yeah. That was definitely a shock, not being able to iceblock or wraith form out of a Hog insta kill combo. I make it my full time job as Mei nowadays to bait hogs into misusing hooks against my walls or iceblock. I can't wait for the patch to D.va's DM that lets her eat projectiles straight out of the muzzle. I always wanna save my teammates, but all I can do right now is bodycheck him out of position or try and intercept some of the pellets with my face. Bluh.

• Like x 1
  19. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

On the one hand I fear for what that means about my sleep darts and being hooked. On the other hand Mei and also my being annoyed at people who do get away when I am forced to be him.

20. Morven

[​IMG]

Mercy main bingo. I think I just got all the squares ...

• Like x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice