Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

here's a fun thing you can do as D.va; spam a Reinhardt's shield till it's almost broken, launch your ultie from a distance, then break his shield with your bunny blaster while your mech barrels towards him and his little nest.

• Like x 5
  2. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

3. Morven

I'm not sure if it's just me, but we seem to be getting more assholes in comp play, especially the kind that spend the entire match going on about how leet they are, everyone else sucks, this is the worst team they've ever been on, etc etc.

4. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Zarya+Mei ults are Hell and I am having an ungodly amount of fun learning Zarya
    If I'm gonna try to tank I may as well not be playing 76 while doing so right

• Like x 1
  5. Morven

Indeed! And I find that the most common bad comp is to be too light on tanks. Everyone wants to be ranged DPS but you need some characters that can stand in fire with healer support.

I've also noticed that 2 healers is becoming more and more common in comps. Mercy for the most powerful single-target heals and combat rez, and one of the others to backfill while DPSing.

• Like x 2
  6. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

i hate the 2 tanks/2 healers thing in comp. it's like, okay, i can see that it's effective, but i hate that it's so effective it's what everyone demands? like you're trying to make 2/3 of the team be 1/3 of the lineup and only 2 people get to pick from the remaining 2/3 and it's just so boring.

7. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

Isn't the current like, high-level comp 3 tanks anyways?

I remember people doggedly sticking to "x2 winston x2 tracer x2 lucio" way after it stopped being relevant.

8. Morven

This is why I'm glad I'm not at high level. Down in the calmer waters of silver, things are a bit more fun.

• Like x 1
  9. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

memes

• Like x 1
  10. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

sometimes when people single ult me, I think that I must have done something to piss them off, but then I go and do shit like spend an entire dragon or self destruct on a Roadhog who's in the heal animation and can't move, or EMP to instantly take a health pack someone's running for. WHEN the FUCK is Sombra gonna get her laugh emote?

• Like x 3
  11. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

i've decided on a new strategy to deal with fuckwits in my games
    asshole on other team? my team gets exactly what they need, with all my mains taking priority. i will Crush Their Soul
    asshole on my team? it's time for the World's Worst Widowmaker to get some airtime. i don't care if i was the only healer or tank. nah
    asshole on both teams?
    shit son, i haven't played genji in a while & i think it's time. Time For Awful

• Like x 9
  12. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I've been trying out Zenyatta and lemme tell you, there is something intensely satisfying about saying "fuckit" and turning into murderbot by swarming the point and killing everything in my way.

• Like x 6
  13. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I played a round where I got four gold metals as D.va even though my mouse kept dying on me, and our Genji called me an idiot for not pushing the cart at the last minute :C. F U genji, where were you when we were getting pummeled by a Bastion? Why did our Sombra have to be the one dealing with that?

I'm unreasonably upset by some rando calling me stupid.

Also, one game I played as Mei, and I did the thing where you use her wall primarily for dividing teams and cutting tanks off from their supports and shit, and someone on my team said I sucked when we lost, but at least two of the enemy team were like "?? no was a v good mei???" and I have no idea if that was sarcasm or not. At least one of them single ulted me at one point, so I'm inclined to believe she thought I was a decent Mei.

• Like x 4
  14. Morven

I got silvers on eliminations as Mercy three times tonight so far. This basically happens when they suck and can't shoot and I get sick of it and pull out the pistol to help. Something's badly wrong if Mercy is getting medals in elims.

• Like x 9
  15. Morven

BUT, playing combat Mercy is fun, it's just that I can't bring myself to do it to a good team.

• Like x 1
  16. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Maining Zenyatta is an exercise in frustration. Yeah ok Sombra heard your I need healing call the last three times you did it now stop running away from me every time I get near you

However I did get to buddy up with a very sweet Tracer main for a good portion of the day and it was p great. 50+% kill participation for me in an fps is frankly astonishing. I haven't played fps since Goldeneye on the N64 and am accordingly bad at aiming. I get horrible simulator sickness. I'm playing on PS4 with a stock controller. I shouldn't be picking up more eliminations than the offence players, come on.

• Like x 5
  17. Morven

Yeah, if support are killing more than offense, something is wrong.

18. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

To be fair, if you're a good Mercy or Zen and using the damage boost/discord orb pretty frequently, it's very easy to get pretty high on kill participation since it counts those as offensive assists. It's still a bad sign if I'm getting more elims than anyone else on supports that aren't Zenyatta and Symm though.

• Like x 3
  19. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Zen does ridiculous damage and also gets points for kills other people get on folks you discord. Zen is basically a DPS with a heal mechanic, hydra says derisively while slamming his Soldier 76 heal pod down next to low HP allies.

Lucio on Illios should be getting top kills, just cause why else do you play him on that map but for bopping reasons??

• Like x 3
  20. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Wait, why is Sombra of all assaults bugging you for heals?? Just hack a fucking health pack, jeeze. When I play Sombra, I basically wave goodbye to my team at spawn cause I sure as shit ain't seeing them again, except for all those times I see them when I hack a health pack under their feet or hack a flanker chasing my supports or when I want to spend my ult fruitfully or

You spend a lot of time in the enemy's back line as Sombra is what I'm saying.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    • Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice