Ryuuga Wagatekiwo Kurau - The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, May 26, 2016.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

revive yourfuckingself URGH

(really though i hate reins for this reason)

• Like x 1
  2. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

Thoughts on this?

• Like x 3
  3. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I try to reserve charges for close quarters fights cause a Rein alone is a dead Rein, and I mostly fire strike when I'm recharging the shield. One thing I do that might annoy people is I only put the shield up when stuff seems likely to fruitfully hit. Shields a big target, and I like to make sure I don't give folks a chance to burn though it when other cover is available.

I'm also real bad at aiming charges. It sucks you can't cancel out of a charge, cause so many times I'll miss the bit of wall I was hoping to smush someone against and go sailing into their back line. Sometimes it's just, a Junkrat blew a mine under me and now this Mei is gonna be smeared across the invisible boundary of the map above the spawn room in Volskaya, but sometimes it's oh shit I forgot I'm not on console and I don't just go where I look.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    • Like x 1
  4. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

The stuff about the beta is incredibly interesting. I'd noticed a lot of artists and cosplayers having beta invites but I didn't realize that was deliberate (and imo that was a brilliant move on Blizz's part, because a good half of my dash got into the game because of the fanart.)

• Like x 5
  5. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I wrote a meta about the Shimadas and how they fit into the golden child/scapegoat paradigm.

• Like x 6
  6. Alaspooralice

Alaspooralice An actual trash fire

Honestly, I can really tell that Blizz has been trying to target wider demographics in recent years. I mean, I will play just about anything Blizz puts out because I am just that kind of nerd. But I have been noticing some of the stuff he talks about for a while, and I'm not the only one. A lot of try hard gamers go "I want Blizz to make my game like it was before :((" (particularly about WoW) but as someone who has been a fan of Blizzard games since the Burning Crusade expansion in WoW, I actually really love it!

I love that Blizz is trying to appeal to a lot of different kinds of gamers and people who would be gamers, but don't like the communities or haven't found the right game to really get into. I have a friend who always feels left out because my friends and I get into games that she just can't get into to the same level or at all, and Overwatch ended up totally being her thing. She loves it, and she is so happy she can play a game with us and I am happy I can play with her outside of Animal Crossing and Pokemon. (Both if which I love but my chronic boredom having ass can't focus on those games for too long)

I also love that Overwatch is really fun even if you are not good at fps type games. My friend mentioned above and I are not very good at this type of game, and honestly I usually find fps games super boring because they are all just COD or Halo recolored. And yet we play Overwatch all the time, because the game mechanics are interesting and the different game modes make it extra fun to just mess around. (No Limits, 3 Lucio, 3 Symmetra)

I just have a lot of feelings.

Also me and the bf literally call switching to 76 "going Call of Duty" so good to know that is what Blizz was going for.

• Like x 4
  7. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

The new arcade stuff is out on the normal servers now (and it is brilliant).

i wish i could play but it's late so, sleep instead :'D arcade boss battles are probably gonna be my new favourite thing tho

8. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Finally played new Bastion! It is very fun, love the new recon mode gun. Also like how the spread on your sentry mode fire means you kinda have to choose between being actually useful at mid-long range and being an unkillable monstrosity. Also like how useful Sombra is against them, which might be a fun little shakeup. I've played three games total against Bastions and won each one, so it's not like they're unbeatable, you just need a little coordination and crowd control. If you don't coordinate, you end up in the situation like this one poor fucking D.va in my one round as Bas where she just kept diving me with Defense Matrix, just waiting for her team to down me, but. Nope. Just waited for her DM to burn out and shot her 8000 times in the face hole. Rein charges seem to oneshot Bastions, which means you gonna play the high ground, but that was always a deal.

Rein charges, hooks, flashbangs, hacks, defense matrix to neutralize damage, and biotic grenade can all utterly ruin a Bastion.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    • Like x 4
  9. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

The worst thing about that D.va was that she always engaged me on high ground. It's like, please, stop letting me kill you. You can just step off the bridge and my bullets will not find your vulnerable flesh! Your Mercy'll take care of you!! Stop picking fights you can't win!! Wait for your Hog or Rein to figure out where I'm at so you can eat the bullets that would have saved me from their wrath!

• Like x 1
  10. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

>goin through patch notes
    >looks at mercy's section
    > mercy main screaming.JPG
    >[mercy main screaming.jpg]

• Like x 7
  11. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Yeah! Between that and her self heal and how her steady 60 heals per second matches my steady 60 dps as my favorite kill machine, she's gotten to be kinda a slippery little piece of shit to deal with, huh? A good Mercy is worse than a good Ana to go against as Winston at least.

12. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

HERE SHE IS

• Like x 9
  13. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

14. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

[nine pages of screaming]
    I LOVE HER ALREADY
    I need to get my computer fixed before she's released so I can play her aaaaaaa

15. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

She's like an ox centaur but also a robot, and she's big and I love her.

• Like x 2
  16. sirsparklepants

aaaaaah omg !!!!

• Like x 1
  17. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

oh, i love this strong robot

18. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

19. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

!!! "Halt" seems really fun! I'm pretty excited about her moveset!

20. sirsparklepants

She looks like so much fun to play omg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice