sad fish sounds

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by a small fis)(, Jul 24, 2016.

1. a small fis)(

a small fis)( 26 people in a trench coat

2. a small fis)(

3. a small fis)(

gets 0 sympathy for bein yelled at bc i accidentally pissed off someone w my bad social skills so i deserve whatevers coming to me
    LIKE THAT HASNT HAPPENED BEFORE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAFUCK YOU

4. a small fis)(

SURE AM GLAD kintsugi is a website in which social heirachy is not a thing and people better at social skills and justifications for themselves dont get to bully others in the slightest ! :)

5. a small fis)(

is @ing ppl in vent threads the hot new thing i want everyone whos decided its acceptable to punish my retarded autistic ass for not readin social cues by screaming at me at any point in time to fight me irl in the next 20 mins

6. a small fis)(

nobody gets dogpiled in the loving and accepting community of kintsugi dot net

7. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

You've gone from saying the anger was overblown and it didn't trigger you to whipping yourself up in a frenzy. If you already know you're not going to get an apology, what are you hoping to accomplish?

8. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

(eta: annnd i only just found the great googly moogly thread, this was written before reading that, double apologies for butting in, and double hopes that i don't sound condescending, sorry)

Ahh, I'm sorry to butt in, but I had a relevant thought about that, which may or may not make you feel less upset. I saw a tumblr post cross my dash yesterday about 'expecting your partner to show love the same exact way you do won't work', so this kind of thing was on my mind, and I hate to see you being distressed over something that was meant in a nice way. (and I'm really hoping this doesn't sound condescending, I've been trying to dissect social nuance all afternoon and my calibration is fried)

So like, my read of that was that when people are fighting or upset, you like to post things that make you feel better to make other people feel better (if so, this is the exact way I function, same hat fistbump). And if people function in a similar way, or have similar interests, they're more likely to appreciate the gesture and the sentiment behind it. But as folks drift away from that same hat territory, and also as they get more stressed, they're less likely to make that connection. So if the 'aww, cute animals brighten my day!' reaction is the ideal response, maybe a more neutral reaction is parsing the posts as [empty noise], and the very far end negative response would be 'this person is trying to derail my legitimate thoughts and emotions with unrelated, distracting content.'

I think it was just a really unfortunate intersection of factors, where it was a kindly-meant gesture that wasn't quite aligned with what their default flavor of kind gesture is, at a time they weren't in a good position to appreciate it, and that they were already primed to be hostile towards [sudden change of direction] because of all the sharp unpleasant turns that happened while things spiraled on argument island and in various vent threads before that. And some other little things I keep trying and totally failing to articulate, sorry about that.

Untangling what the heck even happened in a social disconnect is one of the things that makes me happy, so here's hoping it helps you out some. I'm backing off to give you back your vent space now, and I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    • Like x 4
  9. a small fis)(

yeah thats appreciated! but by now ive woken up the next day calmed down and less worried abt my own personal stuff than the weird clique culture formin in kintsugi that let me + othrs be that blatantly dogpiled 4 wrongthink tbh...
    like dang. i used to remember kints bein a place that tried 2 respect ppl in disagreements and sort stuff out like adults and genuinely such a relief from how petty and performatively aggressive tumblr fights are but now it feels 2 me the exact same thing.
    just a week ago there was a blowup in a chat w lotsa antis im in abt ship discourse and by the end of the day even ppl who thought the other persons opinions were objectively unquestionably Bad And Harmful had apologized for taking stuff too far and yelling at them which is far more than i can say for certain groups off ppl here lately. when did antis get better at sensible conflict resolution than kintsugi. what #Happened

• Like x 1
  10. a small fis)(

anyway,
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  11. a small fis)(

12. a small fis)(

13. a small fis)(

vivec and aspd anons weird lil pseudo anti culture cult here would b fascinatin to watch if it wasnt actively makin kintsugi a less safe place. hyprocrites suck but charismatic hypocrites r weird as hell to watch happen esp in an environment like kintsugi thats p much set up against these kinda people

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  14. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

I have no idea what in the heck even happened and I'm decidedly staying the fuck out of it, but I'm giving you hugs in my brain because I know you were trying to help.

• Like x 2
  15. a small fis)(

16. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I think in a lot of cases if people seem very upset about something and you don't think it makes sense, you're probably right. If you'll forgive the pun, I think the fish is a red herring. I don't think it was about the fish. I mean, it was, but only on the surface (tension). I don't know what it's really about, but probably something a lot more complicated that may or may not have originally had much to do with you at all.

I really can't comment on the argument itself, but I am sorry that it's left you feeling excluded. You seem like a really sweet person.

(If this is unwelcome, please let me know. The last thing I want to do is make you feel any worse.)

• Like x 3
  17. a small fis)(

its v welcome and tank u! 3;)
    im less mad abt a fish in specific by now as i am abt the increasing anti style clique culture that let fishcourse happen + get this out of hand tbh;;

• Like x 1
  18. a tiny mushroom

This may be because I'm sleepy from a nap and still kinda groggy from the flu but the word fishcourse has got me laughing out loud and I don't know why just

Discourse about fishes. Sounds ridiculous but it's real and it happened and what even

• Like x 4
  19. a small fis)(

girls just wanna watch in fascinated horror as ppl that r like them in personality if they let their cluster b traits go completely to their head pull the kinda manipulative clique shit they actively restrain themselves from doin. popcorn.gif but also how the Fuck

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  20. a tiny mushroom

Meanwhile, I am in the cluster c personality disorder department, screaming because conflict is bad and also somehow my fault and please everyone just stop what do I need to do to fix it *yells*
    ETA: (Sorry if I'm hijacking ur vent thread omg)

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice