Same Outfit Every Day - Male Privelage???

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Dragon Drop, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Dragon Drop

Dragon Drop New Member

Does anyone do this, or know people who do? Just having multiples of the same clothing items in the same colours so you never have to think about what to wear? In the style of Steve Jobs, Neil Gaiman, CGP Grey etc.

I'm particularly curious to hear from anyone who does this with femme clothing - it seems like there would be way more social resistance involved for people presenting as feminine. I do this to an extent for around-the-house clothes, but I like dressing up too much to do the thing.

2. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

when i was trying to dress more femme i absolutely had (still have) a set of 3 v neck sweaters, 3 camisoles, 3 scarves, and 3 pairs of pants that were basically just the same in different colours. I also had 2 turtlenecks in different colours, and 2 camisoles (edit: i meant cardigans) in different colours/patterns (one black one black-and-white houndstooth) and that was the bulk of the work wardrobe i brought with me when i moved.

I sort of had a couple of "uniforms", but it wasnt like my dad where he wears like, a shirt and tie and pants and sometimes jacket or sport coat. He does have a billion zillion ties.

Nobody commented on it, altho i did notice that the women i worked with didnt really do the uniform thing in my department

Edit edit: and my mom, when she was working, did the same thing where she would get multiple sweaters. The goal for my work wardrobe was to be able to mix and match, altho that didnt really work out. But different colours and scarves and jewelry can make it look like you aren't just wearing the same exact thing every day.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    • Useful x 1
  3. Key

Key never make a triangle

My boss told me when she finds a pair of pants she like she’ll buy five pairs of the same style and colour. I have a lot of things that are very similar style/colour.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice