Saro Makes Bread: A Baking Thread

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Saro, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

it tastes incredible? this is possibly the best bread i've made??

The crust is super thin and not particularly strong or chewy, which would be my only complaint, but the taste is good, the texture is good, it's not a chewy bread but it's not crumbly either; it's a bit softer but it's still got an irregular, somewhat holey crumb. I'd probably reduce the salt slightly next time and add more rosemary, but even as it is now, it's got a lovely rosemary fragrance and delicate taste, and it maybe is just slightly more salty than I'd really want it but it's still really GOOD.

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
  2. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

* sits bolt upright in bed * I'm gonna make soda bread this weekend

• Winner x 2
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Plans have changed because I have no buttermilk and instead have two bananas that are too brown to do anything with but bake! So I'm making chocolate banana bread. I really hope it turns out because I love banana + chocolate.

• Like x 3
  4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Bread is in the oven for an hour (!)

• Like x 1
  5. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I haven't made anything in a while because a) busy and b) kind of depressed about all the more interesting recipes being ones I can't eat. Just kinda gets me down going through recipes and mentally writing them off.

• Witnessed x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice