Saro Reads Manga: DB Edition

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Saro, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

also a dumb meme

upload_2018-5-22_12-29-32.png

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    • Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
  2. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Also 2x combo: more dumb sketches done while waiting for the computer to do its magic

0522181237_crop_494x622.jpg

0522181238_crop_597x543.jpg
    * hanging out in your flower bed *

• Winner x 5
  3. YggiDee

YggiDee Well-Known Member

And it's not like we can pin this on Mom, either. At the same age as Trunks, Bulma met a child in the woods, threw a car at him, and fucking shot him.

• Informative x 2
  4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

trunks is too good for this world, too polite,

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  5. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Well, this Trunks was trained by Gohan so he probably picked it up from our precious boy. (And in a non-bad-end timeline just being around Gohan? Gohan is a good influence I'd imagine)

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Ch 336 we just had a timeskip, but there’s probably gonna be another one (A Three Year Gamble)

Who called it. Who called it. That’s right, it’s me, the person who has watched the adaptation and so knows most of what’s going to happen. It’s much less impressive when I make predictions now than it was before. Sigh. (Although I maintain that I have forgot a lot of details, event orders, and even some of the bigger things that happen, so this isn’t just me going through the motions -- when I express surprise, I’m actually surprised, unless I’m being very obviously facetious about it.)

Vegeta asks how Goku managed to get off of Namek. Turns out he snagged one of the space pods that the Ginyu Force came in, which were still just lying around near the bigger Freeza arthro-ship. That’s also how he got to Yardrat; preprogramming. Next stop: the planet with the weirdos with the fancy techniques. Speaking of, Goku demonstrates the shunkan idou/instantaneous transmission technique and takes Roshi’s glasses.

[​IMG]
    stylin’! (but he immediately gives them to krillin to take back to roshi. like, do it yourself!)

Anyway, it’s already time to get down to training. There’s three years, so no time to waste! Goku’s already forgotten the time/location that Trunks told him, so we’re very lucky Piccolo is a master eavesdropper (and has been since way back). May 12th, 10 am, on an island SW from South City. But they should get their early in case something happens, so make that 9 am.

Vegeta is in... high spirits and tries to start shit with Piccolo, which Goku stops. Despite the fact that just a bit ago, he was the only one Vegeta even slightly respected (or at least seemed to). Spoilers and heads-up: Vegeta is going to be kind of… tiresome in this arc. Better start preparing yourself for it now, because it’s just gonna be how things are for, oh man, who even knows how many chapters. Like, for some ungodly reason he’s one of my favorite characters, and even I was just done with him at certain points during this arc. (I mean, my guess about the bad mood is that he’s upset about there being another super saiyan that’s not him.)

Bulma has a very good idea: find Doctor Gero now and take him out now, before he can make any of these nasty androids.

Vegeta objects, violently.

[​IMG]
    good god vegeta

Unfortunately, everyone else seems to kind of feel the same way to some extent, or if they don’t feel quite the same way, they don’t really want to just up and kill Doctor Gero right now.

[​IMG]
    a) god i love krillin in shades; b) what the fuck are you talking about, when did you hate goku, i read this manga from ch 1 to here and i don’t remember you hating him, just being slightly competitive

[​IMG]
    motivational speaker!goku (yamcha's not feeling it though)

With a lot of the usual bluster about being the best, Vegeta takes off (Goku’s just like “Yeah, yeah…”), followed shortly by Tien and Chiaotzu. Piccolo’s gonna train with Goku and Gohan. Fun times. Krillin’s gonna train with Roshi, and Yamcha’s… gonna do his own thing. No idea what.

[​IMG]
    SEE THIS IS WHY I DIDN’T TRUST YOU TO KEEP A SECRET

[​IMG]
    i’m laughing but i feel really bad for him too

[​IMG]
    vegeta... why’d you take off your shirt before talking to him

In the Goku/Chichi household, stuff is... not going well. Like, I'm physically leaning back, away from the computer, because it makes me uncomfortable. It's the same argument as before: on the one hand, the planet; on the other, Gohan needs to study.

upload_2018-5-22_21-34-22.png
    jesus.

upload_2018-5-22_21-35-21.png
    jesus.

Chichi agrees finally, but I'm worried she may have TBI and so this whole thing makes me feel real bad. It's a relief to switch to a sweaty, angry, half-naked Vegeta who's vowing to surpass even the super saiyan level. Good to see that you've got a goal and all that, Vegeta.

And then three years pass and Chichi is seeing off Goku, Gohan, and Piccolo and offering them a bentou, which they don't take. :( Gohan's hair has gotten quite long and shaggy again. It was silly-looking, but I kind of miss bowl-cut Gohan.

• Like x 4
  7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

-whack Goku upside the head with a newspaper- You oblivious dolt.

• Like x 1
  8. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Ch 337 mini-piccolo outfit is back! (The Super Warriors Assemble)

Piccolo even flies with his arms folded. Somehow this is the most Piccolo-esque thing I can think of. He also has a bad feeling about the upcoming fight.

upload_2018-5-23_16-18-34.png
    well that's probably not gonna help his mood. i kind of feel like the whole kami-connection thing is a bit of a sore spot for him, and to be told that he has to potentially step back just because of that probably chafes (even if it's obviously something he's thought of himself)

They run into Krillin, who's not exactly thrilled about what's ahead, and finally as a group show up late to the island where the artificial humans/cyborgs/androids/whatever terminology you want to use are suppose to make their appearance.

upload_2018-5-23_16-24-12.png
    baby!!!!! in a hat with lil pointy ears!!!

Bulma's here because she wants to look at the androids (fuck it, I'll probably go with that because I'm used to it from the anime, although my husband is going "They're noooooot androids!" at me from my brain because he got real up in arms about it). Krillin wonders whose baby it is, and Goku's an idiot and reveals that it's Vegeta's before Bulma has a chance to say anything, and calls him Trunks. (She was keeping it a surprise, too, so way to go, ya doofus.)

upload_2018-5-23_16-28-58.png
    training in 100g will do that to a person

The proud dad himself is not in evidence, but both Bulma and Goku are certain he'll show up. There's still half an hour left before 10 am, so they settle in to wait. (Gohan makes funny faces at Trunks, and Krillin asks the question I had: where the heck is his tail? No answer, though, so we don't know if he just wasn't born with one or if someone had it removed. I imagine Vegeta would not be super thrilled with that, but then again, don't know how involved he actually is.)

Yajirobe shows up in a fancy hovercar to deliver some senzus from Karin (who is, as usual, a stand-up cat sage dude), but isn't going to stick around for any of the fighting because he's no suicidal fool.

It's past 10 now, and Tien's uneasy; there's been no sign of anyone with malicious intent (or strong ki, for that matter). Right on cue, Yajirobe's flying car explodes (he apparently hadn't had much time to make his escape), despite there being no sign of any attackers. They spot something in air above the place where the aircar exploded, but can't make anything out at this distance and before the two specks land somewhere in the city. Gohan surmises that because they're androids, they don't have the same ki properties as ordinary living beings. So they're out there somewhere, among innocent people, and there's no way to track them through the usual means. This could be real bad.

upload_2018-5-23_16-40-47.png
    well luckily they've decided to put the RR symbol right on their hats, so you guys should be able to recognize them when you run into them. for some reason for me they bring to mind the nutcracker ballet, and i have no idea why. the pants???

Ch 338 (The Artificial Humans Head to the City...)

The gang decide to split up and search on foot, as it were, although Gohan's sent off to check on Yajirobe, who can't fly on his own.

upload_2018-5-23_16-47-52.png
    that's always the risk you run when asking that kind of question

Meanwhile, the shorter android attacks someone for seemingly no reason and it's real bad, the guy loses some teeth at least. A second passerby gets flung into a wall. The taller android, who's being yelled at by someone because he's standing in the middle of the road they're trying to drive down, rips the head off of the driver. It's hard to look at, at least for me. Someone understandably screams and alerts Yamcha, who's in the general area, and he heads for the source.

upload_2018-5-23_16-55-59.png
    well at least you're acknowledging the possibility that the reading's correct, unlike practically everyone who has ever used a scouter

The shorter android (who calls the taller one Number 20) concludes it must be none other than Son Goku, which, well, you're gonna be disappointed, it's just Yamcha.

Who finally gets to where the androids were and doesn't see them anywhere, just the aftermath of their particularly cruel handiwork. They've "disappeared" by flying upwards and are observing from above; they come to the conclusion that this is not Goku, and in fact is Yamcha, but I guess that's okay because they can still get energy from him.

They land behind him and for a second, after he turns around, he doesn't realize that they're his targets, but shortly recognizes the bowtie-shaped RR symbol on their hats. He tries to get away, but the taller one (Number 20) grabs him by the lower face and lifts him up into the air and then sticks a hand through his torso. Why does this have to happen so much??? Tao did it, Vegeta did it, and now this android??? Sorry, Yamcha. Maybe it would have been best if you hadn't shown up after all. Maybe the Namekian dragon balls can still bring you back?

Ch 339 (A Close Call for Yamcha!!)

oh you don't say!!

At the very least, the sudden drop in ki alerts the rest of the search party. Krillin takes Yamcha/'s body away. Piccolo's kind of aggro and reveals that they know the androids are, well, androids. 20 wants to know how they know that, and Piccolo suggests forcing the information out of them. (Like I said, kind of aggro. I think the whole Kami thing is still getting to him.) Goku breaks in at this point and is like "Hey, can we please fight somewhere without people?"

Unfortunately, the "without people" bit gets taken... not how Goku wanted it to be.

upload_2018-5-23_17-31-49.png
    possibly the least funny eyelasers to date

Mostly because they're used to destroy a huge portion of the city. These are AOE eyelasers, and pretty nasty. Goku punches 20 in the face, and his hat falls off, revealing

upload_2018-5-23_17-35-24.png
    what looks an awful lot like a human brain up there. i'm reminded of one of the wizard of oz books, where there's a glass cat who says something to the effect of "i've got pink brains! wanna see 'em work?", which always struck me as so funny. i wonder if we can see 20's brains work.

Yamcha's fed a senzu and recovers from his gaping chest hole. (Gohan's also managed to bring Yajirobe back.)

upload_2018-5-23_17-39-20.png
    no shit sherlock. i'm not necessarily buying this "oh i didn't understand what you meant i'm a robot who doesn't have any contextual understanding" routine

Turns out the androids know who they are, which is a mystery for later, because now it's time to beat the hell out of these fucking punks. Goku takes off, followed by the androids, and finally by Piccolo and Tien.

Yamcha and the rest see them fly off, and Yamcha reveals something startling: the androids aren't just strong and dangerous with their eyelasers; they can drain energy as well. Don't know if that's equivalent to ki or not, but it sure doesn't sound good.

• Like x 3
  9. YggiDee

YggiDee Well-Known Member

If Trunks had a tail, would it match his hair? Would he become a purple gorilla

• Agree x 4
    • Winner x 3
  10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

questions right up there with "can piccolo lay eggs" and "what the fuck is ki" and "how the hair do that though"

• Agree x 4
  11. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Ch 340 god I hope I'm getting these damn android numbers right (Son Goku vs The Red Ribbon Army's Grudge)

ITC: Goku fights an intangible concept! Wow!

After hearing Yamcha's story about having his energy/power drained (both terms are used, but not ki!), Gohan leaves to warn the others, Krillin follows with the senzus, and after some dithering Yamcha goes as well, to observe. Yajirobe does not and Bulma gets upset at him until he reveals that he doesn't know how to fly (hency the fancycar).

upload_2018-5-23_21-44-42.png
    completely obvious to the yelling. i love baby trunks. i love that babies in db-universe are so often put in hats with ears. i'm so sad i missed gohan in a hat with ears as a baby. (ain't gonna lie if i had a tiny kid and was doing the cosplay thing i would totally cosplay bulma with baby trunks)

Android 20 abruptly decides that they've gone far enough and lands. It's a good thing this Earth has so many barren, windy, very open (hardly any vegetation!) plains scattered about, or they'd have to do a lot more fighting in much less maneuverable terrain.

upload_2018-5-23_21-57-14.png
    piccolo and i are (sort of) on the same wavelength

Goku doesn't seem to be doing so hot (virus. virus? virus??) and Tien picks up on it, but first, there's the explanation from Android 20 about how they know so much about Goku and the rest: tiny spybots that have been out collecting information for many, many years, ever since Goku overthrew the RRA. Specifically, research to make a perfect thing to defeat Goku himself, because REVENGE!!

upload_2018-5-23_22-6-1.png
    * big miss steak meme *

Gohan, Krillin, and Yamcha can't find them to deliver beans and data, because everyone's got their ki suppressed.

Hey, speaking of which, where's that darn Vegeta? He's super-late! Shit is going down and he's gonna miss it. God knows how much pissier he'll be if that happens.

After hearing that the androids completely missed the whole Namek arc, Goku gets rathe cocky and says they've already lost, essentially. Goku goes super saiyan (the androids don't seem super impressed, but then again, they don't seem to be very good at emoting, and why would they need to be?), and provides a nice beacon for Gohan and the rest. Tien's very impressed, but Piccolo looks like he feels something is off. To which I say "hey, does everyone remember about the virus thing? You know, the thing that Future Trunks specifically came back to fix? Did anyone bother to find out what the symptoms of this virus are so that someone would know to shove drugs into Goku at the first sign of infection?"

20 says that while Goku's new power exceeds their calculations, but is still within manageable parameters, and that 19 (the one with the pointy hat) could still take Goku on his own. Them's some serious fightin' words, man.

Ch 341 (What's Wrong, Son Goku?)

Goku sends 19 flying with an elbow jab, but 19 is in no way incapacitated by this. He tries to impale Goku with his pointy hat.

upload_2018-5-23_22-21-27.png
    now THAT's some big hair! super saiyan goku: extreme fluff version

Goku punts 19 into the air, appears above him (him? well. hmm. I may be unnecessarily gendering these androids) and... tries to hit him but misses? Just doesn't hit him? Is dodged by 19? I'm not sure and the art is vague enough that I feel you could come to one of several conclusions. In any case, 19 makes use of the opportunity to (unsuccessfully) strike at Goku and ends up with a knee to the chest and elbow to the chin for his troubles.

Tien waxes rhapsodic about how strong Goku's gotten for a little bit.

upload_2018-5-23_22-33-40.png
    please. piccolo. for the love of god. you're usually one of the brighter ones. put two and two together

Gohan and the rest finally show up and Gohan almost immediately notices something is up.

upload_2018-5-23_22-37-26.png
    i have this feeling a lot

Piccolo says that Goku's being sloppy, and he should be a lot more impressive than he's being at this point in time. Gohan asks if it might be because they can drain someone's energy, and Yamcha confirms that it happened to him.

upload_2018-5-23_22-40-50.png
    SO IT IS KI??? * holds head in hands *

Shortly therafter, 19 is slammed into the ground, but gets up relatively unscathed. Or maybe not so relatively unscathed but because of the whole android thing, he doesn't seem to feel pain or fatigue. Goku, on the other hand, definitely is having trouble with fatigue and just seems to want to end the fight already; he uses a beam-type attack. 19 gets super jazzed, holds out his hand, and just absorbs the fucker.

upload_2018-5-23_22-45-2.png
    that's my large green man

upload_2018-5-23_22-46-24.png
    take. your. meds

19 has gotten a significant boost from the stolen ki and is now all kinds of ready to go.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    • Like x 3
  12. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

C'mon Goku, if I gotta take my meds so do you.

• Agree x 5
  13. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

20s hat is nutcracker doll shaped too. And the colours and fancy military vibe.
    Also fully humam looking robot = android, human with robot parts = cyborg. So your SO is right, these are cyborgs.

• Agree x 2
  14. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Oh yeah, I heard all about it XD

• Witnessed x 1
  15. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Ch 342 apologies if i wander all over the place with my word choice re: android/cyborg/artificial human/etc. (Goku, Defeated!)

Thanks, chapter title! Good work as usual!

Goku's really flagging at this point, and even when he manages to get a hit on 19, it does almost nothing.

upload_2018-5-24_21-2-50.png
    do you just not pay attention, or

Luckily, Piccolo's there to be the voice of reason and tells him not to do it. Which he doesn't, but he also doesn't seem eager to jump into close combat once again. In fact, he seems to be in pain.

upload_2018-5-24_21-6-4.png
    thank you gohan

But people don't believe him, because what about that miracle medication? (Apparently forgetting or just not knowing that Future Trunks specifically gave the instruction to take it when symptoms appeared.) Krillin tosses him a senzu (that you can be that accurate when throwing a bean never ceases to amaze me), but it doesn't help (because it's a damn virus and apparently senzus aren't antivirals).

Goku gets hit again and de-transforms.

upload_2018-5-24_21-33-42.png
    hey now don't do that

But 19 does that, and starts siphoning off energy. All five of the hitherto observers immediately try to jump in.

upload_2018-5-24_21-42-50.png
    there are literally 5 of you and only one of him

But apparently that doesn't matter because 20 is just too fast. Piccolo tries to engage him, but 20 uses those eyelasers again and hits Piccolo in the upper chest/shoulder, knocking him out of the air. Gohan dives after him (both dads are in danger D:). 19, meanwhile, is having a field day draining Goku's (probably vast) energy reserves, until he gets an unexpected foot right to the face.

upload_2018-5-24_21-48-22.png
    hey vegeta!!!! new chestplate!

Ch 343 (Vegeta Makes His Appearance)

Oh boy oh boy!

Everyone's surprised by Vegeta suddenly appearing out of nowhere, including Piccolo, who was only pretending to be seriously hurt.

upload_2018-5-24_21-55-51.png
    no one appreciates good acting

upload_2018-5-24_21-56-39.png
    On this episode of "Vegeta Occasionally Makes A Good Point"

upload_2018-5-24_21-57-24.png
    jesus h. christ, vegeta, don't you want him to survive until you can fight as equals??

upload_2018-5-24_21-57-55.png
    holy crap he got kicked a long way

Piccolo just kind of deposits Goku on the ground unceremoniously, and Yamcha ends up being the one who takes him off towards home (and hopefully medication). Well, it's good that he can do something useful. 19 gets ready to give chase, but 20 stops him and says that they should get rid of the ones here first, so 19 asks for permission to fight Vegeta. 20 grants this somewhat begrudgingly, because 19 just managed to steal a whole bunch of power from Goku and is still out for more.

Vegeta's not at all intimidated by 19 and they have a bit of a discussion about whether or not the androids should be worried because they don't have information from all the junk that happened on Namek. Vegeta wonders if the androids can feel fear and looks particularly angry, which makes perfect sense, given what follows.

upload_2018-5-24_22-10-30.png
    lol your hair literally only changes color. it can't go up any more than it already does. the ultimate saiyan warrior (based on hair upness)

• Winner x 5
  16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

(continued)

Krillin is confused; don't you have to have a serene/pure heart to become a super saiyan??

"Oh, it's pure," says Vegeta,

upload_2018-5-24_22-13-8.png
    im dying why are you saying this you are laughably far from "pure evil" you're killing me with secondhand embarrassment

upload_2018-5-24_22-14-16.png
    ... do you.... need an antidepressant, vegeta? or a therapist or something? you don't have to feel that way. here, take this citalopram

Oh, but becoming a super saiyan made him happy, so that's okay. He's completely fine and dandy and definitely doesn't need any kind of mental health help.

Anyway, there's no more time for thinking about Vegeta's mental health (or lack thereof) because 20 and 19 aren't going to stand for any more babbling. That's enough outta you, Vegeta! 19 socks him in the face and Vegeta makes no move to try to dodge or otherwise soften the blow. He has to move one leg back to keep himself upright, but

upload_2018-5-24_22-21-13.png
    doesn't seem to be doing too badly

upload_2018-5-24_22-23-5.png
    you're enjoying this far too much

ETA and then he proceeds to beat the hell out of 19

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  17. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Ch 344 oh... that's almost a wrap on vol 23... (The Artificial Humans Lose their Cool)

Vegeta seems to have a personal vendetta against electronics. Maybe it started with scouters? I'd be pretty unhappy with various gadgets if they kept exploding mere centimeters from my eye.

upload_2018-5-24_22-47-13.png
    he's so happy with his insult

At some point, 19's pointy hat came off, but he doesn't look like he has a human brain inside like 20 does; it just looks like a mess of wires and junk in there. He still tries his headfirst attack, but Vegeta drops and kicks him with both legs. Time for some aerial fighting! 19 gets punched in the face and starts "bleeding", which begs the question: is he completely artificial or does he have some human parts, a la 20 with the brain? 19 tries some eyelasers, but Vegeta avoids and does one of those ever-popular double axe handle attacks, sending the four remaining observers scattering as 19 slams into the earth.

19 seems to be down for the count, but when Vegeta lands near him, he grabs both Vegeta's wrists.

upload_2018-5-24_22-55-42.png
    uh oh

Vegeta plants his feet on 19's face and goads him a bit more about letting go, until 19 once again states his intent to never let go. Vegeta smiles and then straightens out his legs with enough force that he rips off both of 19's hands. 19 is very shocked by this and so is 20. Vegeta pulls 19's hands off his wrists, inspects them, and tosses them aside. This is too much for 19, who scrambles out of the pit he created when Vegeta knocked him to the ground, but it's no use; Vegeta fries him with a souped-up blast attack (that he calls "Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack". Couldn't get anyone to workshop that with you?)

upload_2018-5-24_23-3-51.png
    no possibility, huh? no possibility. none at all. 0. oof.

Vegeta doesn't believe him.

Ch 345 (A Change of Plans)

Chapter titles are no longer available from Kissmanga, so I've found a list, which may be translated drastically differently from the ones I've previously been using.

upload_2018-5-24_23-11-20.png
    "fu" is apparently the sound of powering down. also: observe the lack of change in hair volume/shape

Vegeta invites 20 to take his best shot, as his little arm-pulling stunt did mean that 19 was able to steal some of his energy. 20 worries that it's some sort of trap, and instead of attacking, he flees. Vegeta demands a senzu from Krillin, and gets it after Piccolo gives him permission. Vegeta goes super saiyan again.

upload_2018-5-24_23-16-27.png
    is this an insult?? is milk an insult?? vegeta just wants you to get enough calcium

upload_2018-5-24_23-16-50.png
    i'm laughing so hard, why is the focus on milk all of a sudden

Vegeta doesn't stick around for any more milk conversation, and so misses Piccolo complimenting him on his battlefield strategy prowess and saying he may have surpassed Goku. Well, right at this moment, he's certainly in better shape than poor sick Goku.

Piccolo lays out the plan for going after 20: be careful and don't try to engage alone; alert the rest (but especially either Vegeta or himself). It's as Piccolo surmised earlier; the rocky area surrounding the battlefield location is ideal for a foe with no ki to track to escape into. They have to rely on sight. Or, in Vegeta's case, destroying a bunch of the landscape (with no regard for the other searchers) in order to reduce the hiding places and try to flush 20 out into the open.

In that regard, it works, because 20 darts out and absorbs Vegeta's attack. Whoops. This pisses Vegeta off and he goes after 20, but 20 is too fast and ends up hanging upside-down from a cliff while Vegeta's searching down below. 20 decides that he needs to return to the lab, even though he wanted to avoid it (probably to reduce risk of it being found). Having decided to do so, he promptly changes plans and decides instead to steal Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin, and Tien's energy, in order to have enough to take on Vegeta.

Ch 346 (Trunks Returns!)

20 chooses Piccolo for his first target and stealthily approaches him from behind.

And manages to grab him. C'mon, Piccolo, use those ears of yours for something besides being handsome! 20 claps a hand over Piccolo's mouth (potentially dangerous, he's got some fangs on him), to stop him calling out. Unfortunately for 20, Piccolo's able to contact Gohan with his... mind, I assume? Gohan locates them and removes the leech 20 from Piccolo with a double axe handle, which once again knocks 20's hat off and exposes his brains.

upload_2018-5-24_23-34-1.png
    aaaand alerts everyone to 20's presence

Piccolo gets senzu'd up and takes off his hat and cloak. The energy-draining ordeal has made him rather upset, and he attacks 20 after ordering Vegeta not to interfere. He's doing a rather good job of smacking 20 around, which confuses 20; he should be more than a match for Piccolo, especially after stealing so much energy from him.

Meanwhile...

upload_2018-5-24_23-39-14.png
    pls wear a hat with pointy ears again

Trunks sense the battle and heads for it.

Also heading for it are Bulma, Yajirobe, and baby Trunks. Bulma must still want to see the androids. Seeing Big Trunks fly by, she concludes that they're going in the right direction and hastens on.

Piccolo chops off one of 20's hands.

Trunks comes across 19's head at the site of the first battle.

upload_2018-5-24_23-43-19.png
    well that's not ominous or anything

• Agree x 3
  18. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Vegeta needs a good well armoured therapist.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  19. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Ch 347 i just had some Late Night Caffeine stupidly so i have all this restless energy that needs to go somewhere (A Sound of Thunder)

Trunks stares at 19's smoking head for a while, wondering what the hell is happening. It's becoming clear that while this certainly is some sort of cyborg creature, it doesn't seem to be one Trunks is familiar with. He's interrupted by the sound of an explosion in the distance and he sets off for the source, confirming along the way that this isn't one of the artificial humans he's seen.

20 is looking very rattled (and pretty tattered) after his match with Piccolo. Were the spybugs just not watching them after Namek? Have they not been aware that all of them have been training? I suppose they didn't know about the whole Nail thing with Piccolo, given that they don't have info from Namek, and I'm sure that makes a difference.

upload_2018-5-25_23-40-23.png
    i'm... shocked that you even know his name, much less use it

upload_2018-5-25_23-41-30.png
    sheeeeeeeeeeesh you are in a mood aren't you? at least you're not claiming to still be evil incarnate or else i'd have to curl into a ball and die.

But no one gets a chance to do any finishing off before Trunks arrives (with one of those sudden midair "braking" maneuvers). Piccolo calls him Trunks and Vegeta has the sudden realization that this is his kid, all grown up (well, 17 years older, anyway), from the future. It's unclear if this is going to be an issue or not.

There's a mutual lack of recognition between Trunks and 20, so now that's a possible 4 androids running around. 20 is feeling badly outmatched and decides he has to get back to... "the laboratory", asap.

Trunks causes a lot of consternation by asking who the heck this guy with the visible brains is. If he's not one of the androids Trunks warned them about, then exactly who/what is he, and why are things so different? (Well.........)

Bulma and Yajirobe have almost reached the second battle site. Yajirobe protests strongly when Bulma starts to descend towards it and threatens to throw Baby Trunks out of the window (jesus christ yajirobe), but changes his tune quickly enough when Bulma lets him know that Vegeta just so happens to be that kid's dad. If I were Yajirobe (thank god I am not), I'd be pretty concerned about Vegeta still holding a grudge about the whole tail incident, and wouldn't want to go around throwing his progeny out of windows, just in case he had some attachment to it.

If that's not an artificial human, then what the hell is it? Krillin suggests that potentially it's just another side effect of stuff being changed, like the androids' arrival time, when Goku got sick, etc.. 20, meanwhile, is trying to figure out how he can get back to the lab. Flight's out of the question and he's down a hand. It's then that Bulma and Yajirobe make their entrance (with a cheerful wave from Bulma). She seems surprised when she sees 20.

upload_2018-5-26_0-4-19.png
    this came out of fuckin' nowhere

20 uses some sort of beam from his remaining palm-node and destroys a huge chunk of environment and damages Bulma's craft.

upload_2018-5-26_0-7-58.png
    must be quite a feeling to be holding yourself as a baby

Trunks is... rather perturbed, to say the least, to see that Vegeta did nothing to try to help Bulma or his kid. He confronts Vegeta and asks him if he cares at all about said kid or Bulma, and Vegeta basically says "No, stay out of my way," leaving Trunks stunned. Bulma asks Krillin if the old dude was an artificial human, because she recognized him as Doctor Gero, from photos in academic journals. Pretty strange stuff!

upload_2018-5-26_0-14-44.png
    no. and you should lie there until you learn stuff like not threatening to throw babies out of windows.

Ch 348 (Dr. Gero's Laboratory)

Everyone gathers around to discuss the mystery that is why things are so different than Trunks' knowledge of what went down. In Trunks' version, Doctor Gero was killed by his own creations; now, however, he appears to be alive (?) and kicking, if using an artificial body. Plus, 19 wasn't familiar to Trunks either. Trunks believes that his earlier return probably has a lot to do with these differences; he altered stuff himself.

Piccolo asks for descriptions of the androids that Trunks knows (thank you for once again being The Character Who (usually) Has A Modicum Of Sense). There are two, as previously stated; a male with long black hair and a scarf, and a girl who apparently is rockin' an outfit much like Trunks' own. They don't do any energy-sucking, because apparently they're equipped with infinite energy of their own. (JFC, Doctor Gero, if you could apparently create infinite energy machines you could have done so much to help the world!)

Vegeta asks Bulma (source of all Doctor Gero knowledge) where the lab is. Bulma has some idea (in the mountains near North City), but nothing more specific than that. Piccolo wants to destroy 17 and 18 before the good doc can get there and activate them. Vegeta objects.

upload_2018-5-26_0-25-17.png
    no one (but especially vegeta) should be allowed to make important decisions while super saiyan. it just makes you too battle-hungry. baseform vegeta may at least have considered not being an idiot. then again, maybe not.

Trunks objects to Vegeta's objection and says that at least they should wait for Goku to recover, which seems to get under Vegeta's skin a little and makes him take off in a huff after some blather about strength and princehood. Piccolo is somewhat optimistic; perhaps with Vegeta as strong as he is now, they do stand a chance.

upload_2018-5-26_0-29-26.png
    trunks i'm sorry about your dad. you're a good young lad, you don't deserve this shit

After he leaves and Bulma wonders what he meant by letting his father die again, Piccolo reveals the Big Secret about Trunks' identity.

upload_2018-5-26_0-32-7.png
    sadly he's no longer going to grow up into quite the same young man because history is all changed and flipped around. new timeline ahoy!

Piccolo, Krillin, and Tien are going to try to destroy 17 and 18 before they can get activated anyway, even if Vegeta's against it. Gohan is tasked with taking Bulma home because she no longer has any transport with her plane destroyed. Yajirobe finally crawls out of his hole and demands to be taken along as well. Poor Gohan.

20, nee Doctor Gero, is heading on foot toward his lab, and in short succession sees not one, not two, but five people heading in the lab's direction, and faster than him, because they're flying. He decides to fly "the long way" there, believing that he'll beat them because he knows the exact location while they'll have to search for it.

upload_2018-5-26_0-38-42.png
    absolutely glowing praise from future!bulma for vegeta

Trunks feels somewhat disillusioned, however, after seeing his dad in action. Yeah.

upload_2018-5-26_0-41-50.png
    poor gohan D:

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  20. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

So 1-18 are still around, Id been wondering

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice