Saro Reads Manga: DB Edition

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Saro, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Damnit I finally had time to read stuff tonight annnnnnd my laptop is dead and the charger is missing! Why does the universe hate me

• Witnessed x 3
  2. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Ch 12 HOLY SHIT FOUND AN ARCHIVE I DON'T HAVE TO SPEND TWENTY MINUTES TRYING TO FIND THE VIZ VERSION * throws hands up in triumph * (Saiyan's Pride)

Manga don't even fucking talk to me about saiyan pride, do you know how much absolute bananas bullshit it's caused? I have cried literal tears over this dumb bullshit. How dare.

Anyway, Vegeta vs. Cabb...e? Cabba? Cabbe is such an incredily unattractive name, I'd really prefer it to be Cabba, but maybe that's a bit too on the nose? Well, hell, that never mattered for, oh, y'know, Vegeta, or Nappa. Or any of the rest of them. Maybe things are a bit more restrained, or a bit less... blindingly obvious?

Anyway, kid seems quick. AGI/DEX build. Should have been an sniper or an assassin with that kind of stat allocation, not a monk. Or a... ninja, I guess? I dunno, I never really played as a ninja, I don't know how they work. Them or gunslingers. Or really any sword class. High priest, sniper, and prof were my classes of choice. But that's not really relevant, just Ragnarok Online rambling when I'm supposed to be talking about DBS. Vegeta blocks his first (bouncy) attack, but Cabbe just flips over him and goes for the backs of his knees instead, which. Honestly seems like a pretty good strategy. You can't really do much to prevent your knees from bending when there's a force from the back like that. (Or at least it would be much more difficult to resist something like that, I assume, because that's how knees are supposed to go.)

upload_2018-10-20_21-45-27.png
    i miss vegeta's pointy boots (and when his hair was like half again as tall as he was), but lookit that little saiyan go

Cabbe seems to favor attacks using his legs. After he knocks Vegeta off-balance with his back-of-knees strike, he springs around to the front again and rapid-fire kicks Vegeta in the abdominal region. Luckily it's still protected by his chestplate, so better than direct kicks right to the gut, but it seems to throw him even more off-kilter. Cabbe bounces up and puts himself between Vegeta and the sun (nearby star?). Taiouken without the -ken part. He plummets down and strikes Vegeta once again in the chest-abdomen area. Cabbe's apparently also put a number of points into INT, something which is greatly appreciated.

upload_2018-10-20_21-53-49.png
    good thing about the gloves, huh? would've scraped your palms all to hell and back

Cabbe attempts to finish him off with a concentrated beam, but Vegeta smirks and shows off his own AGI stat with a rather nimble flip, which segues cleanly into his own kick. Cabbe is slammed into the ring while Vegeta moves back a little. Cabbe scrambles out of the debris, clutching his arm and cursing. Vegeta applauds him for his abilities and estimates that they're roughly equal in strength... at least in their normal forms. He commands Cabbe to transform.

upload_2018-10-20_22-4-24.png
    what part of "legendary ((at least in this universe and i'm just gonna assume over in u6 too))" have you forgotten the meaning of vegeta. man how quickly we forget what a Thing it was during everything on namek. man what a great arc that was * daydreams *

Cabbe asks if Vegeta might be willing to show him how to do it (and calls him "sir", which is much more respect than Vegeta deserves, but it pays to be polite when asking for a favor, and so I approve). This seems to really get under Vegeta's skin.

upload_2018-10-20_22-11-14.png
    ohhhhhh boy that's not good

upload_2018-10-20_22-11-54.png
    very bad in fact!

Vegeta looks down on Cabbe's supine form and calls him a spoiled brat, which, okay? Where the fuck are you getting that from, Vegeta? He flips Cabbe over with a kick, steps on his head and demeans him ("That's all you have?", "How dare you look so smug!", etc.) Cabbe tries to surrender, which, predictably, does not go over well with Mr. Pride-Is-All-That-Matters himself. He picks up Cabbe by the shirt and tells him that if he gives up, he'll kill him. Kind of a, uh, lose-lose situation for Cabbe, who probably feels he's gonna be killed anyway (putting aside the tournament rules, because Vegeta doesn't seem like he'd necessarily be restrained by something as flimsy as that when he's all het up and bothered).

upload_2018-10-20_22-19-14.png
    oh cabbe you're breaking my heart :'(

But not Vegeta's. He tosses him away like yesterday's dirty battlesuit. Vegeta gets charged up. He tells Cabbe there's no point in a saiyan like him existing in the world, and that after he's taken care of him, he'll head off and take care of the rest of the worthless saiyans in U6 along with their planet. At which point, it dawned on me that Vegeta might actually have a goal with all of this, because just like an hour go he was all excited by the potential to visit Sadla in U6 and this seems over-the-top for Vegeta as he is now. He fires off a beam at Cabbe.

The threat to the planet gets to Cabbe, probably as Vegeta intended it to, and bip! New super saiyan. The beam splashes harmlessly off of a shield (?) that Cabbe's formed around himself (does that just happen when you transform or can anyone do that with sufficient ki or is it a U6 saiyan thing or --). Cabbe tells Vegeta if he destroys Sadla, he'll never be forgiven. Vegeta is mightily pleased with himself and gives Cabbe a lesson in SS-hood. Cabbe demonstrates he can do it on command and Vegeta shows off the blue-haired SSGSS form, which has now been dubbed SS blue. Sure, less letters to type, I'm down with it. The mysterious bald dude on the U6 side seems to take notices of what's going on for the first time this whole series of matches. Vegeta elbows Cabbe in the gut in SSB form and it's a TKO; Team U7 has won this round. Vegeta takes Cabbe over and leaves him in the care of Botamo.

upload_2018-10-20_22-32-27.png
    don't be jealous

upload_2018-10-20_22-33-56.png
    oh how terrible, being liked

Trunks is happy that his angery dad won, and Beerus is happy because this is one more step towards Earth not being sent to U6 and them getting their hands on the ultra-mega dragon balls. Cabbe comes to and staggers over Vegeta-wards to thank him for the help. Vegeta, true to form, can't really accept the thanks straight out and instead tells him to remember "the pride of a saiyan".

There seems to be some sort of issue on the U6 side. The bald guy's name is, I guess, Hit, and is their last contestant. Apparently Vados promised him a fancy spaceship in return for participating in the tournament, which Champa thinks is a bad idea (the guy is a "living legend of the underworld"), but doesn't stop him when he gets up and moves into the ring.

Vegeta immediately goes SSB, no in between, no starting off SS2 or whatever. Piccolo and Goku are also more interested in seeing this guy in action than they have seemed to be about the rest. Vegeta and Hit stand around for a while, not moving, just waiting for something to happen. The "something" that triggers the start of fighting is a tiny movement from Hit. Vegeta throws himself into action.

upload_2018-10-20_22-48-16.png
    vegeta does have his own variety of bounciness

And Hit punches him in the face. Vegeta tries again, and gets kicked for his trouble. There's some shock from the onlookers, because even those with incredible eyes and other sensory capabilities can't see Hit move. Meanwhile, Vegeta is just getting the shit kicked out of him. Within a very short period of time, he's been knocked out himself. Hit asks about killing, and when it's confirmed that killing is verboten, asks if he should throw Vegeta off the stage. The announcer-alien says no, that's fine, they can just declare Hit the winner without that because Vegeta's very obviously been bested.

The king jellyfish being suggests a possible explanation for Hit's incredible speed: time skipping. He can stop time for everyone but himself for 0.1 seconds or thereabouts, hence the movement-without-trace. It's against galactic law, but neither Jaco nor the king are willing to do anything about it because they don't want to be killed.

Vegeta gets a senzu from Krillin and declines to give Goku any advice when Goku asks for some. Whis reveals that he also has some sort of time-related power (or maybe it was revealed before? Well, I can't remember) and Beerus orders him to go tell Goku how to manage that kind of opponent. Whis demurs because this is good training for Goku and Beerus gets pissed. This is no time for that kind of talk! As they bicker, it gets revealed to Eavesdropper Piccolo that Monaka is not, in fact, the strongest warrior in the universe, and that it was a lie to motivate Goku. Whoops.

Goku and Hit have a bit of back-and-forth. Goku tells him he has to figure out how to beat Hit before transforming, due to the energy expenditure it requires. Hit calls him naive for revealing his strategy and Goku says he's not, he's actually a lot older than he looks! Hit tells him he's a whopping 1000 years old.

upload_2018-10-20_23-5-23.png
    polite goku is such a rarity

Goku attacks, Hit does his thing and punches Goku in the face, but! Thanks to that, Goku thinks he's got a bit of an idea of what might work for defeating Hit. Good luck, man!

• Winner x 4
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Ch 13 saro reads manga after eating too many biscuits at dinner (The Winning Universe is Decided!)

The bad part is I want more biscuits. Maybe a celebratory biscuit if U7 wins, and a conciliatory biscuit if U6 wins. Or, possibly, just a biscuit because I made them so I'm allowed to eat them and I will put them in my body and no one will stop me

What's happening that's not biscuit-based? That's right, it's the final fight of the tournament and it's between arguably the two heaviest of hitters. Sorry, Vegeta. Hit scoffs at the idea that anyone could "see through" (... I'm not super fond of that phrasing, if I'm being honest; maybe predict would have been better?) his attacks. He's slouching around with his hands in his pockets and generally being extremely confident in his abilities, albeit in a stoic manner. Goku, with his maybe-bit-of-an-idea-about-how-to-defeat-Hit, attacks first and gets a fist to the face. This necessarily requires Hit to remove one of his hands from his pocket, and he goes to put it back in, but Goku doesn't give him the time to. He executes a nice aerial somersault and throws himself at Hit again, watching the movements of the unpocketed hand. Hit is forced to use his time-skipping prowess to avoid one hit, but gets grazed (!) by a second one, thrown where Goku predicted he would be.

upload_2018-10-23_21-24-19.png
    does a slight hit really draw blood? i know punches can do some Damage, but the implication here seemed to be that it was not a serious strike, and yet he's wiping away what i can only assume is blood. i mean. unless he's so unused to taking hits in combat that he's like "ugh, shit, don't like that sensation" and trying to get rid of it, in which case? totally fair

They, in fact, do it again, but this time Goku manages a bit more than a graze.

upload_2018-10-23_21-27-35.png
    upload_2018-10-23_21-34-35.png

Everyone is Shocked(tm) that Hit got hit so good and so Goku explains exactly what the deal. Which strikes me as a Dumb plan, but on the other side of the coin, I'm 100% certain it would have been figured out in short order anyway, so might as well just brag a bit, I guess. Then again, Goku might get some mileage out of being underestimated in the strategy department, so hell, I don't know what the best course of action is.

Anyway, apparently the hands-in-pockets thing isn't just about attitude, it's also a method of concealing tells that would give away his movements. Has not worked suuuper great on Goku, but what can you do? Also apparently Goku has made some real impressive leaps of... logic. His hypothesis: Hit feels the need to hide his movements because once he's started one, he can't change it. (Piccolo's providing color commentary much in the same vein of thought as I had last paragraph.)

upload_2018-10-23_21-40-54.png
    okay i am sorry but the fucking extra-long tail of the shirt part of the gi makes me think of a skirt every time it billows out like that. fucking don't tempt me to draw more dumb shit manga i have already contributed so much trash to the world in terms of real dumb db joke doodles THERE'S LIKE EIGHT OF THEM ON THIS PAGE ALONE

Hit wonders if Goku can do the blue-hair thing like "the other guy" from earlier. Goku says he's saving that for later.

upload_2018-10-23_21-46-11.png
    hey quick question what the FUCK is UP with your crotch area i did not realize the coat was hiding so many sins

Goku and Hit have a good time doing some time-skipping and movement-predicting up in the air over the ring. Naturally this is nearly impossible to follow, both for me and for the spectators, so suffice it to say that it happens and move the heck on. Champa is having a panic attack because Hit's getting hit, but Vados is cool as a cucumber. She points out that Goku seems to be low on stamina, while Hit's still in prime condition. (Well.) And indeed, Goku looks like he's having some issues.

upload_2018-10-23_21-56-16.png
    oh goddamnit i got all inspired for a SECOND dumb doodle because i was thinking, as i usually do, "aren't you a god. shouldn't you know about time skipping" and THEN i remembered that cat meme that's "sir are you aware that you're a cat?" and, well. changing subjects, i'm really feeling whis' face in this panel for some reason

Goku mutters that he's got no choice, he's gonna run out of steam before the end of the match at this rate, and transforms... but not into the blue-haired form that Hit expected. It's the non-super saiyan version of saiyan godhood, the one with the red hair.

upload_2018-10-23_22-7-50.png
    i can't with you right now vegeta tell me EXACTLY what is jerkish about that. like you may think it's dumb but where is the jerkdom

The fight continues and, much to his surprise, Hit gets struck in the face and gets a bit of a bloody nose, but more shockingly, he wasn't able to stop time for the full 0.1 seconds. Shortly thereafter, he tries again, and this time gets a double axe handle to the back of the head and an even shorter time-skip duration. Beerus is upset even though it seems that things are swinging in his favor again.

upload_2018-10-23_22-17-29.png
    please i want more whis + beerus backstory content

Whis' explanation: Hit's skill are kind of shit against people who are more powerful than he is. (Oh, and also, apparently non-SS godform Goku is more powerful than SSGSS Vegeta, so I guess I was right on about who's the heavy hitter earlier.) Goku fires a beam at Hit, whose time-skipping powers have ceased working entirely, and he gets the full force of the attack. Boom. Of course it does nothing in terms of damage.

upload_2018-10-23_22-25-56.png
    lol champa

Anyway, Hit reveals he hasn't been using his full power, but he can't sustain it for more than a minute or so. So it's going to be a short showdown. Who's stronger? Will the time-skipping prevail or will Goku manage to break through?

upload_2018-10-23_22-35-57.png
    !! (sry about the arrow)

lol good point for a TBC!

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

(cont)

upload_2018-10-23_22-44-50.png
    ...?

upload_2018-10-23_22-45-31.png
    haha hell yeah pulling it out at the last goddamn minute

upload_2018-10-23_22-49-35.png
    ... so i realized i used "pulling it out" rather recklessly earlier and now i am regretting it because. well. WELL.

upload_2018-10-23_22-50-42.png
    W H O O P S

Well that probably absolutely vaporized World Class Assassin Mr. Hit, right?

upload_2018-10-23_22-52-26.png
    WRONG!

Vados has to fix the dome keeping the important things (like oxygen) in the area while Hit descends to the ring smugly. Goku is very impressed, tells Hit that they should fight again sometimes, walk backwards jauntily, and hops down out of the ring. Hoo boy. The announcer declares Hit the winner by virtue of Goku going out-of-bounds. Beerus yells at Goku, who explains he wanted to give Monaka a chance to fight (to see him fight, rather). Beerus goes nuclear.

upload_2018-10-23_22-58-4.png
    >:O!

upload_2018-10-23_22-59-28.png
    i'm very impressed that monaka's actually getting out there

Goku suggests that Vegeta might have had a chance to win if he hadn't squandered the Blue energy on his fight with Cabbe.

upload_2018-10-23_23-0-30.png
    while i don't know if you necessarily got him on the good'n'proper path, vegeta, i'm stupidly touched!

Monaka shakily approaches Hit with tears streaming down his face. Hit seems disconcerted until he sees Beerus regretting all of his recent life choices and makes some shrewd guesses about what's going on. Monaka charges him and socks him right in the kneecap. After a moment's pause, Hit throws himself out of the ring in a supremely overdramatic move.

upload_2018-10-23_23-5-39.png
    goku's 100% sold on it tho

Champa's rather angry that Hit lost and wants to deal with him, but Beerus keeps trying to get his attention. Champa's like "Yeah yeah I'll sign you over the dragon balls in a minute, I'm busy" but that's not what Beerus is in a tizzy about. He points and tells Champa to actually look. Champa does while Whis admonishes Beerus for pointing at "him". Who is him? Why, a tiny floating being with an oblong head who Whis explains (to us and the unknowing crowd of spectators) is the ruler of all 12 universes, Zenousama. As if there weren't enough weird echelons of godhood to keep track of here comes another! All of the various gathered deities, destruction and... whatever kaioushin are, gather themselves in front of Zenou and bow. The gist: Beerus and Champa arranged this all without consulting with him, so he came to give them a warning: Don't Be Idiots in the Future. But he had fun watching, so maybe he'll host a tournament with people from not just two universe, but all twelve?

This, of course, draws Goku like a moth to the flame. He, a mere mortal, addresses Zenousama directly ("Sounds great, let's do it!"), Beerus tells him off but Zenousama seems cool with it, and after a bit of a pause, they shake hands. Beerus and Champa are very relieved when nothing terrible happens.

upload_2018-10-23_23-21-46.png
    Goku's Made A New Friend

JESUS H. CHRIST THIS CHAPTER GOOD GOD TBC 2x COMBOB

• Winner x 3
  5. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I didn't really need to go into three parts, I guess, but have a Super Mega Ultra dragon (in space!).

upload_2018-10-24_20-20-14.png
    LORGE

Whis makes a wish on behalf of Beerus, who refuses to reveal what the wish was for. (He brought back humans on U6 Earth. what a nice brother.)

upload_2018-10-24_20-21-59.png
    do people just not know what jerk means?

Goku's on cloud 9 because pan-universal tournament! And also he wants to fight Monaka.

upload_2018-10-24_20-23-8.png
    let him go for fuck's sake

And that's that! Everyone came out a winner at the end of this tournament.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Ch 14 has vegeta removed his shirt once in super? it used to be his favorite thing (SOS From the Future)

More than anything in the world, I want more kittygods. Fluffy kittygods. American Shorthair kittygods. Oriental Shorthair kittygods. A calico kittygod, my kingdom for a tricolor cat deity. * holds up handwritten "MORE CATS IN DB" sign, stands outside DB publisher's building * (I mean, I know I could just draw some myself but it's not the same if they're not canon.)

The title of this chapter is more than enough to make me go "Man that original timeline future must just be the worst place to live," but just in case I didn't make the connection, the title art features:
    1. Future Trunks, with his Cool Sword (maybe a different one than the one that sliced'n'diced Frieza, I am not a sword connoiseur, but still a Cool Sword)
    2. the time machine, the one with "Hope!!" written on the side
    3. A dark-haired girl with a snubby shotgun (?) wearing a pretty cool coat and boots in the time machine, ready to shoot someone the fuck in the face
    4. Not one but two (2) mysterious silhouetted figures in the background: one menacing Future Trunks and the girl, and the other a looming, grinning face (probably not actually in the physical space that the rest of them seem to exist in)
    5. Speaking of the setting, it looks to be in someplace that's been destroyed by fighting or another traumatic event
    All of these things together suggest to me that once again, the future that only just recently had its android problem dealt with is once again in peril! That's not great for them, but I do like Future Trunks, he's an okay dude even if he chopped off his long rockstar hair that he had back after the HTC stuff. I guess the bowl cut is just his preferred hairstyle.

Next page confirms my suspicions with several panels of recent destruction: buildings are crumbling, cars are overturned, smoke is billowing around, and there's rats out scouting the mayhem. A figure runs down a deserted street, past broken and abandoned buildings.

upload_2018-10-28_22-5-9.png
    oh jeez this is not long after the whole android thing at all, is it? they just fucking got shit sort of under control and now there's already something else that's gone terribly wrong. i know part of goku's justification for not getting resurrected after the cell stuff was that him being alive was a liability for earth, but man, if none of them are around the earth just goes to hell in a handbasket

There's a very minor attempt made to disguise the identity of the running figure, but it's very obviously Trunks (of the Future variety), looking ragged. Something makes a sound behind him (I think the rat, maybe?) and he spares a moment to glance back at it, but then forges ahead

upload_2018-10-28_22-11-54.png
    and almost gets blown up. if it was the rat that made the sound that is two rats that have contributed to protagonists' wellbeing and survival (altho i don't remember exactly what goku's rat did, i certainly remember him PUTTING THE GODDAMN RAT IN HIS MOUTH and i assume there must have been a good reason behind that)

He gets up, only to be attacked from the sky with what look like your usual ki-user's energy blasts (!). He evades, dashes behind a building to get a moment's reprieve, then pops out and attacks with his own blast which does not seem to hurt anyone... but does blow a huge hole in a building and more significantly, a pipe that seems to have been a conduit for something liquid and flammable. Which is then ignited.

upload_2018-10-28_22-17-39.png
    yep

The explosion may have been bad, but it also seems to have given Trunks an opportunity to escape whoever was attacking him. He surveys the damage and decides he has to take another route. When he finally reaches his destination, he's greeted by Miss Dark-hair-cool-coat in what appears to be a safehouse or something similar. She gives him water and asks a question that instantly upset me a lot: "What happened to Bulma?"

upload_2018-10-28_22-24-2.png
    nooooo fuck :( poor trunks.

The woman gives Trunks a comforting hug and then offers him tinned meat with a cheery "It's not dog food!". Ooof. This is truly the worst timeline, the timeline abandoned by god(s). Trunks explains, which eating, that thanks to Bulma they have enough charge on the time machine to make a single journey. He offers half of the tinned meat to the girl, who accepts after some minor protesting and scarfs it down. Trunks reveals his plan: go back 17 years into the past (BIG FUCKIN' SHOCK) because Slightly Less Angery Dad and Goku and shit still exist back there. (Also mom. Sadface.)

Jump cut to Bulma asking about parallel worlds (which Trunks did mention in his plan and I did not because I didn't know it would be important and the basis for a transition). Jaco explains (a world that appears when something unusual happens like time travel). Whis and Beerus are hanging around eating and Bulma's sister Tights seems to be in evidence as well. Goku and Vegeta seem to be having a friendly time fighting in the sky.

upload_2018-10-28_22-37-3.png
    ... watch where that hand is going tho

upload_2018-10-28_22-37-57.png
    hmmm. good beerus face. eating that manju is Srs Business

Young!Trunks seems to be in class.

Jaco is lecturing Bulma on the dangers of time travel, because Tights went and revealed that she's been interested in researching it.

OH APPARENTLY FOR NO GOOD REASON TRUNKS' LESSON IS ON PARALLEL WORLDS TOO WHAT THE FUCK. I mean, obviously I know why, it's to explain to the readers what's up with stuff, but it's very very silly. On a different note, I still have absolutely 0 idea what the FUCK is up with Pilaf & co????? Like I just. Do not understand in the slightest why they're here, why they're not, y'know, their correct ages, or anything. Anything. I'm just rolling with it because what choice do I have? But I don't get it. At least Trunks has some other friends besides Goten? Anyway. The instructor explains about how going back in time might lead to the creation of a parallel world.

Back in the future, there's discussion about going back in time and why it has to be 17 years, and the becoated lady (who seems to be a re-grown-up Mai, I guess; the coats and hair match) says something ominous about an unknown and mysterious "him" appearing and disrupting the peace that the world had enjoyed after Trunks managed to defeat the androids. They decide to get going.

In the current time, Goku and Vegeta get summoned by Whis for food (ramen!!!). While eating, they discuss ki and the harmless-seeming Lord of Everything (Zenou-sama, the oblong-headed being with the two tall guards from last time).

upload_2018-10-28_23-3-48.png
    Rare Vegeta and Beerus Interaction

Back to the matter at hand.

upload_2018-10-28_23-4-18.png
    everyone agrees: they narrowly dodged a bullet when goku went and interacted with him at the tournament

The diners are served potstickers, and Beerus steals Goku's, perhaps as a punishment for risking so much by cavalierly talking to Zenou-sama. Jaco prepares to take off, in a fancy new ship gifted to him by the Galactic King or whatever that jellyfish dude's title was.

In the future, Trunks and Mai (?) make their way toward the dilapidated Capsule Corp building, and Trunks results to force when they find the door's stuck shut. This seems to attract exactly the wrong attention.

upload_2018-10-28_23-11-57.png
    that's probably Bad

Trunks drags Mai inside, but very shortly runs into the silhouetted figure again, who seems to be skilled in finding places to stand where the light is behind them. Him, I guess, if this is the "he" that Mai (?) referred to earlier. Trunks grabs Mai and gets them both out of the way of the figure's attack. He orders her to go get in the time machine and leave without him. He pulls out his sword and leaps toward the figure, who fends him off easily. The figure approaches Trunks, still somehow keeping himself in silhouette, when Mai finally puts that gun of hers to use and surprises them both with a hail of bullets. Of course, as we're all intimately aware at this point, The Bullets Do Nothing and Mai (?) is attacked with a single blast that knocks her off the parapet she's firing from. She falls and is buried in rubble. Trunks digs her out (aaaahhh Trunks I get it but you are very vulnerable right now!!!).

upload_2018-10-28_23-25-19.png
    CONFIRMATION

• Like x 3
  7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

upload_2018-10-28_23-26-47.png
    DANGEROUS

The oil glugging out of the can finally provides enough light to see the silhouetted figure by.

upload_2018-10-28_23-28-11.png
    "I THOUGH YOU WERE DEAD!" but no srsly what the fuck

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  8. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

Ah so, this must be the part where THIS MAN ISN'T BLACK came from.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Evil Goku????

• Agree x 1
  10. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yami Goku denizen of the millennium earring

• Winner x 4
  11. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

All signs point to yes :s

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  12. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

1112181719a_crop_747x454.jpg

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  13. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

wrong. that is not dumb. it is.

important.

true.

Good.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

shin1.jpg
    shin2.jpg

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  15. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Ch 15 someday is TODAY (ง’̀-‘́)ง (Hope!! Once Again)

Ah... just realized I forgot his earrings in the starbucks doodle. Whoops. Sorry, Shin.

upload_2018-11-15_1-10-45.png
    establishing shot

Seeing Goku(?) in long sleeves that's not like... a suit is real weird. Like, who gave you that Under Armour and why did you decide it was a good thing to wear? From like mid-bicep to wrist, Goku should have bare arms, for the most part. This is what I think. Vegeta can wear all the fucking long-sleeved high-necked things he wants, that's his jam and I'm fully endorsing it, but I don't like it on Goku. Or on a Goku doppelganger. Either one is bad!

Trunks is pretty upset about Mai, who looks pretty dead. Goku(?) looks pretty unrepentant.

upload_2018-11-15_1-11-19.png
    .... well that's where shin's missing earring went, goku(?) stole it (maybe i should call him long-sleeve goku??)

Trunks goes some variety of super saiyan, I'm gonna go with 2 because of the sparky aura, and uses an attack I don't think I'm familiar with? I've been scouring my memory and coming up with nothing.

upload_2018-11-15_1-11-42.png
    what, was makankosappo too much of a mouthful? or maybe it requires antennae, which not everybody has (sadly) (i mean maybe i shouldn't connect this one and that one just because they both start with that "ma" kanji, but how can i not)

Goku(?) braces himself for what seems like a pretty standard, but surprisingly powerful, laser-like blast. It drives him right back out of the wrecked Capsule Corp building. He finally breaks out of it, only to find himself facing down a sword-wielding Trunks. He shifts himself a bit to prepare for countering the blade, but Trunks doesn't attack -- he stabs the blade straight down into the concrete. What good is it there? Well, it probably serves him better than it would in its more traditional usage. Trunks turns it into a kind of springboard to give his double-handed punch that much more impact.

upload_2018-11-15_1-12-19.png
    trunks you're so cool goddamn it

But, sadly, coolness only gets you so far, and in this case, it doesn't get Trunks far enough. Goku(?) fends off a rain of blows, catches Trunks' fist, and delivers a blast straight to his midsection. Trunks goes flying but manages to stop himself getting blown completely away by grabbing his sword, which is still firmly planted in the ground. Multipurpose! Trunks yanks it out and a chunk of the tiled courtyard and the substrate below, kind of like a cube of cheese on the end of a cocktail toothpick. This he flings at Goku(?), who decides he's had enough of this and does the teleportation thing to get behind Trunks. He elbows him in the back of the neck and Trunks goes sprawling on the ground. Goku(?) apparently isn't one to let a tool go to waste because he grabs the dropped multipurpose sword and prepares to stab Trunks.

upload_2018-11-14_19-48-6.png
    "you humans"... ... ... well, putting the whole species question aside for the moment, that's not a very nice sentiment from someone who's always seemed pretty cool with humans and also has kind of gone out of his way to make sure that they don't all get wiped out

Trunks remembers his mom and Mai telling him he's got to survive and it gives him a burst of strength: he deflects the stab with the scabbard and then uses a two-handed blast attack to catapult him out of the zone of immediate danger and back into the Capsule Corp building. Goku(?), looking somewhat put out by this, clears the dust and debris with a single pose and wonders why Trunks was so hellbent on getting back into that building. Then Trunks and the time machine burst through the wall.

upload_2018-11-14_20-12-49.png
    THERE IT GO

I didn't remember/know that the time machine was quite so impressive at moving in the, uh, dimensions of space, but maybe it's been updated (or maybe I've just forgotten everything I once knew and took for granted). Trunks does some frantic button-mashing and the machine assumes a slightly more vertical trajectory. Goku(?) mocks the "aircraft" and queues up a blast to destroy it, but Trunks pushes some final lever and finally, finally, Gs the FO. Goku(?) doesn't quite get exactly what happens, but I imagine that might change at some point.

Meanwhile In The Future...

upload_2018-11-15_0-33-16.png
    ah yes. The Gods Relax while Mortals Toil

Of course, the mortals certainly seem to enjoy this particular toil. Beerus thinks they still have a heck of a long way to go if they want to become gods of destruction, though. Might be a great job for Vegeta, but Goku, who's already turned down one god position, is still not looking for the promotion. Beerus tries to sell them on destructo-godhood by extolling its virtues (little work, lots of sleeping, just some destruction every once in a while) and Goku says he couldn't do something so horrible. Hmmm. Beerus gets a bit irked by being called "horrible" in a sort of roundabout way. Vegeta has 0 interest in the conversation and tries to bring things back to his interests (i.e., punching Goku).

upload_2018-11-15_0-39-23.png
    man vegeta what are you doing to your spine???

Goku gets knocked out of the air and Beerus expertly slaps him away using only his tail (!!) without abandoning his tropical-beach-relaxation pose, which is an impressive feat. Goku ends up in the ornamental pond, which Beerus declares is just recompense for Goku being so disrespectful. Whether that's the case or not, this seems like the perfect time for a slight break from the fighting, and it looks like it's the kids' (.... can i call the fucking food gang kids, what is their deal) lunch time. Picnic! Which, of course, is interrupted by the sudden and unexpected arrival of the time machine.

Best get used to this soon, so. Young!Trunks is the first to approach the machine, and sees someone hurt when he manages to wipe a clear spot on the domed "windshield". Bulma follows close behind and upon hearing that the hurt person has the same color hair as Young!Trunks, she dispatches Goku for a senzu.

upload_2018-11-15_0-59-20.png
    what even you guys

Goku declines the Twister game, and when he gets back they've managed to get Future!Trunks out of the machine. (Young!Trunks is disturbed by the suggestion that the other guy looks like him, and the possibility of an unknown older brother.) Goku throws the senzu at Vegeta, who's not lost his touch for catching them and quickly gives it to Trunks. Senzus still work just fine, and in moments Trunks is at least physically recovered.

upload_2018-11-15_1-7-28.png
    oooo shit

(tbc)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

oh come on you fuck i did the thing that should have saved my draft

• Witnessed x 3
  17. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Whoops, I keep forgetting to differentiate my Trunks. Dangit.

Future!Trunks immediately attacks Goku, who is fortunately chill enough to block the attack and try to figure out what the heck is going on. Future!Trunks kind of comes to his senses and I realized that yeah, he has no fucking clue about all the shit that happened after he went back to the future that last time, so it's a surprise to see Goku not-dead. Goku handwaves it with an "I got better, don't worry about it".

upload_2018-11-15_1-17-56.png
    a) not something you really want to hear from your son-from-the-future b) plz let trunks have a family, he's so happy to see mom and dad it makes me tear up (oh man trunks doesn't even know all the character development dad's gone thru since last they spoke)

upload_2018-11-15_1-19-40.png
    LIKE THAT CROUCHING BEERUS

Whis puts it all together in record time and tells Beerus (and Young!Trunks) his conclusions. Meanwhile, Future!Trunks apologizes to Goku, who's less interested in the apology and more interested in why exactly Future!Trunks came back this time. Was it because of Boo? Trunks says no, that wasn't an issue and he was able to prevent Boo from ever being released from his walnut-egg-thing, with some help from... Shin, or some kaioushin, anyway. Vegeta gets all full of pride because of course, what else would you expect from the fruit of his loins, etc., etc. Beerus and Whis get all up in Bulma's business because she invented the time machine in the future, and she protests that it's not really her. Vegeta tunes all this out to try to get the skinny on what's the problem, if it's not Boo&co. Future!Trunks gives some preamble about this guy's motivation (justice) and previous actions (destroying several planets and most of the humans on Earth, including Bulma).

upload_2018-11-15_1-28-14.png
    as expected

upload_2018-11-15_1-28-45.png
    not as expected

upload_2018-11-15_1-29-25.png
    ah, okay. thanks for clearing that up

upload_2018-11-15_1-30-50.png
    everyone has different priorities

Long story short, Goku and Vegeta are (of course) all gung-ho about getting back as soon as possible and dealing with this future threat, but there's a problem, and that's a lack of fuel for the machine. Vegeta gets pissed because Future!Trunks "ran away", Bulma scolds both of them for how they've responded to Future!Trunks.

upload_2018-11-15_1-36-48.png
    RARE CONTRITION

This fuel is difficult to make in the future, but apparently this Bulma's developed a particularly quick way of manufacturing it. With a bit of wheedling, Bulma reluctantly agrees that they can go to the future and try their hands at defeating this "Goku Black", although she tells them they must come back alive, without failure. Future!Trunks is worried because he's been absolutely useless against him. Goku suggests that they have a sparring match, during which Goku reveals his 3rd form (why. put it back.) and Future!Trunks is like "I can do that too but I get to keep my eyebrows" and basically just powers up the 2nd form until it's, according to Whis, maybe a bit stronger than 3rd form Goku. Of course, Goku uses a combination of SSG and teleporation (cheap fucking trick) to kick Future!Trunks in the back of the head (and gets called a jerk by Vegeta and childish by Whis). In any case, it's looking like this guy might be trouble, if Future!Trunks has such reserves of power and hasn't been able to do anything about him. Goku invites Beerus and Whis along (is there enough room for all of them in that tiny time machine??), but Beerus immediately says "Fuck no."

upload_2018-11-15_1-45-44.png
    not happy but not gonna, like, actually do anything about it?

The talk of Beerus and Whis helping out makes them wonder what the heck that timeline's Beerus is doing (I'm. Gonna assume that it must be the same Beerus). Whis is struck by a sudden thought and asks what became of the kaioushin that helped Future!Trunks out with Boo and the rest of them, and finds out that the kaioushin was killed during the fighting. Beerus gets real bent out of shape upon hearing this and berates the absent, future, dead kaioushin for being an idiot who tries too hard. Whis explains that the existence of the kaioushin and ... hmm, what's the Japanese term? Hakaishin? something like that. I could look it up but If I'm Wrong I'm Wrong Fuck Google. Anyway. Kaioushin and hakaishin are connected and each's existence depends on the continued existence of the other, which means at one point there were, what, 5 hakaishin running around this universe? All at once? And Beerus is the lucky survivor of that particular massacre, along with Shin, I guess. So it's likely that there's no god of destruction in that particular timeline. Which is a kind of weird thought, shouldn't there be some waiting in the wings or something? I guess we gotta wait for that tree or plant or whatever to produce another kaioushin fruit (and a corresponding hakaishin fruit?).

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  18. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

And in honor of the presumably-fallen Future!Shin

"Shin Deserves A Vacation" doodle
    1114181631_crop_689x394.jpg

• Winner x 3
  19. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Beerus is a good murdercat

• Agree x 3
  20. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

If beerus and champa are bros... Does that mean shin also has a bro.....

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice