Say Hi Intrepid Heros! Dimension 20 Fan Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Beldaran, Jan 13, 2024.

1. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

It's only been since last summer that I started watching anything Dimension 20 but I have to say I'm kind of obsessed now. Been watching Critical Role since season 1 and was so impressed by EXU Calamity that I needed to see more of Brennan Lee Mulligan doing things, but put it off due to the time commitment.

Is anyone else here watching this table top anthology show? So far I think my favorite has been Burrows End for the deep exploration of family dynamics and intergenerational trauma, all using stoat player characters. I adored Neverafter and Mentopolis as well, Crown of Candy and the Ravening War scratched the itch for something longer. Just, ugh, it's all so good.

Right now I'm watching through Unsleeping City and have gotten to season 2. It's easy to listen to while doing a very late Christmas present cross stitch for my friend.

• Winner x 1
  2. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

Brennan Lee Mulligan is quite possibly the funniest person I've ever seen. I need to catch up on his actual tabletop content, I've mostly seen him in some College Humor comedy skits where he carries the whole production almost every time (not an insult to the other people involved, he's just amazing).

• Agree x 4
  3. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

I think I mentioned this in the mod chat but I'm just a little in love with this guy in a "what if we were friends" kind of way. But more than that I get really invested in stories and he's a wonderful story teller while being, as you said, one of the funniest people I'm currently aware of.

I think it's magical the way compelling stories come out of this group through the effort of the cast and crew.

Anyway, I'm watching Unsleeping City now and the melancholy of being in a large city is really getting to me. Boston isn't as large, but it's got even more history and I love it here. At the same time I'm an addictions therapist, I know a huge amount about all the worst things going on in and around the city, so it's challenging and cathartic to get really invested in a story like this.

• Agree x 1
  4. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i looooove brennan, i'm so so so behind on d20 despite wanting to so bad. i have a hard time with actual play shows that have visual elements unfortunately, i'm more of a podcast girlie :-( i really loved their misfits and magic miniseries, that was my first time watching aabria dm and oughhhh. delightful.

if you haven't, naddpod ('not another dnd podcast') is also very good, and they did a few episodes with brennan as a guest player where he. is insane. and fucks everything up and rolls about 20 dice for every damage roll it's great.

(fun fact, i am one degree of separation from brennan lee mulligan! one of my college roommates worked with him at larp camp in upstate ny before he got big online haha)

• Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice