SCP thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by al Fine, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

oh jeex, that's impressive. i also didn't get it, but wow. talk about fridge horror
    also:
    Notes: "We could market this as some kind of shoe conditioner, but I seem to be aware of the fact that many dead bodies wear shoes." - Researcher O████.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    • Like x 2
  2. Glassware

Glassware Well-Known Member

140 is just so neat. The Daevite ontoclysm writing itself forwards in history towards the present. I don't think I've ever encountered anything quite like it. The original writer didn't do anything more with it, but it did spawn the Sarkicism mythos which I also love.

• Like x 3
  3. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

okay my scary fav is ronald regan cut up while talking. perfect blend of gross and ominous.

• Like x 6
  4. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

which one is that?

5. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

6. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Also I love the small, detailed, context free oddities like 2022

7. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

• Like x 4
  8. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

The dead sea object is wonderfully eerie, but 87, the staircase scp, will forever haunt me. that face that is sometimes closer. brr.

the critical tomatos are a perfect blend of wtf and hilarious, i love them.

i will probably dig up a few more later, but for now im just gonna leave you with my own scp attempt which was only ever published on tumblr

Object class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: In a labeled file box in a standard secure locker on Site ////. Access requires Level 2 clearing and at least two additional Class C personnel for supervision purposes.

Description: SCP-XXX consists of two parts, subsequently referred to as SCP-XXX-a and SCP-XXX-b.

SCP-XXX-a is a cardboard box, circa 21.5 cm in width, 30 cm in length, and and 15 m in height, labeled “////// University” No university of that name exists.

SCP-XXX-b is a stack of white DIN A4 sheets of paper, stapled together in stacks of 10. The cover sheet is labeled “////// University exam” like SCP-XXX-a, with what is apparently the universities’ sigil and contact information. The sheets are held together by an easily-removable adhesive tape on the opposite side of the stapling.

The second sheet specifies what kind of exam it is, how many problems there are to solve and how many points one can attain for each problem and in total, as well as additional information on allowed additional tools (i.e. calculators, notes, and, in one case, a skein of wool) and allotted time, as well as a space where the examinee is to write their name.

The rest of the sheets contain, sometimes printed on both sides, a number of problems pertaining to the topic of the exam, and a variable amount of blank sheets to use if an answer requires more than the amount of blank space below the problem specification.

The allotted time starts when the adhesive tape is removed.

The topic of the exam appears to always be a topic about which the examinee perceives themself to know a lot about.

If the instance of SCP-XXX-b is closed, the exam will end. If two supervising personnel have been present at all time during the exam, after a variable amount of time, the safe length has been estimated at 4 hours, opening it again will reveal that the exam has been corrected and marked in a red pen. The penmanship varies from exam to exam, although correctors seem to reoccur between thematically close topics.

The examinee will have, in all cases, failed the exam by exactly one point.

Sheets removed from the stack will not be graded, and marked as unsolved.

Answers written down after the allotted time has passed will be disregarded.

SCP-XXX-a will refill every Monday at 8:00 a.m. local time.

Addendum: On //// // ////, researcher Mills has failed the exam by ½ of a point. The next day, a letter addressed to them was in their postbox, including a letter of acceptance to ////// University.

Four days later, on //// // ////, researcher Mills ceased to come to work, their office cleaned up, with a note on the desk that they will be gone for a while to study, but “will be back before you know it”.

They send letters with photos of themself, other students, none of which could be identified, and exam lists, speaking of being “happy that they decided to enroll at ////// University” and that they “got to know a great deal of great people” at regular intervals, but neither them nor from where the letters where sent could be traced.

• Like x 8
  9. LadyNighteyes

2093 is 10000% inspired by Dwarf Fortress. There is absolutely no way they didn't write that after reading Dwarf Fortress patch notes.

• Like x 1
  10. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

I was introduced to SCP by the games (walking simulator and weeping angels simulator) sue me

I'm currently obsessed with this guy and other mind-affecting SCP's tho

• Like x 1
  11. LadyNighteyes

Have you seen "I am a toaster"?

• Like x 2
  12. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

Holy shit

• Like x 1
  13. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

• Like x 9
  14. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

The random button showed me SCP-1147 and it's kind of delightful as long as you stop reading before the animalia test log.

Substance: $2,183 US in mixed bills, shredded and mixed with water to form pulp.
    Result: Similar structure to SCP-1147-PA, but trunk is a pale green in color. Leaves bear a random mix of symbols and images commonly found on currency, but do not resemble complete and passable bills. Flowers have the scent of fresh dollar bills.
    Fruit: A paper skin filled with dark ink. Sample of ink had a mild plum flavor.
    Notes: I told you it wouldn't work. I'm glad I didn't chip in to the collection. -Dr. Laurel

• Like x 5
  15. Glassware

Glassware Well-Known Member

• Like x 4
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Ah, the toaster! I am one of my favourites.

• Like x 4
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Like x 4
  18. glitterchance

glitterchance 34 Vigilant Gaze Engulfs the Void

My fave serious / scary SCP is http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-089 . Because the bit about
    playing the horns to cover the noises SCP-089B makes during the procedure and making sure to restrain SCP-089A just... ugh. Fucks me up.

There have been scarier SCPs, but that's the one that comes to mind in quiet moments and makes me shudder.

• Like x 2
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Which one is the Researcher's Inability To Clean Up After Himself? I don't like most of the -Js (just not my sense of humour) but that one had me LOLing.

20. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice