SCP thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by al Fine, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Pix

Pix Active Member

That poor apple D:

2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Headcanon; 173 fills its containment with faecal matter and is posed in such a way to make me think it kills people because they keep interrupting it while it's pooping.

• Like x 4
  3. devils-avocado

devils-avocado tired and gay

I love this

• Like x 1
  4. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I always wanted to write an SCP? But I never quite figured out how I was supposed to submit it, and the one I came up with was half-written and essentially a truenamer who just wanted to be left the heck alone so she could do her research, so she went to the Foundation to have them "contain" her so that she'd stop needing to relocate quite as often because of the GOC. I ended up stalling out on it, because one of the questions for 'why is this being written' was "why does the Foundation even want this" and I couldn't come up with a reason that sounded convincing to me.

5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Too bad the Mewts had to be edited for copyright reasons. Snoozee was a lot scarier than Flopsy.

6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm having a good giggle over the Белки.

7. Rakukaja

Rakukaja Member

A couple of my favorites:

SCP-2137, a CD possessed by the crime-fighting ghost of Tupac Shakur
    SCP-1193, the 73-kilometer long human arm
    From the French wiki: SCP-185-FR, the sculptures that nullify kinetic energy
    SCP-2521, the SCP that steals any written or spoken information about it

• Like x 4
  8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I was actually talking about that one on Discord with someone last week. I still want to know if ASL could set it off, and how specific the information has to be. Like, can they say, "there's an infohazard"? They could throw SO many Class Ds at that one.

9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Aww, I love the Eye Pods >:(

• Like x 1
  10. devils-avocado

honestly the problem I have with builder bear is that 'don't trust anything, even actively benevolent things, because everything will kill you' isn't even true IN THE SCP-VERSE. there are plenty of weird or upsetting things that are harmless, or sentient, or otherwise defy an outwardly panic-causing appearance, and there are plenty of normal-seeming things that are lethal or malevolent or kind of disgusting. and there are plenty of horrific-seeming things that are exactly as bad as they seem. so why not have harmless, 'cute' scps too? without balance and comic relief, the horror ones get boring and samey. also I personally consider the bear fuckin' tacky and gross but we're veering into purely opinion territory there

• Like x 7
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I agree (though I think the bear's kinda cool but I have high grossness tolerance in horror) and also I don't see why there shouldn't be weird things which help control the other weird things, which was someone's objection to the Eye Pods. Yes, they're making 173 less dangerous; so? Nature is full of things which treat or control or prevent each other. Why shouldn't the weird shit include something helpful once in a while? Hell, one of the proposals for 001 is a setup which uses various Keter-classes to control each other, and I love that idea! And I can see why Omega Seven had to be taken down but I think it's a pity. Directing a dangerous thing to damage other dangerous things more seems like a perfectly good idea to me.

On the other hand, I do think the 'verse needs an occasional warning of "BE VERY CAREFUL AROUND THE WEIRD SHIT".

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    • Like x 3
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

One of my favourite things about 426 is that they felt the need to have it say "hello" at the beginning of its description. It seems at least I am a polite evil magic toaster.

• Like x 9
  13. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

man i second this
    that last entry was just really.
    mm.
    not a fan of trauma like that being used for shock value.

• Like x 1
  14. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

Have you ever seen Kalinin's proposal? It includes an entry for an SCP that is trying to kill us by making SCPs even more weird/deadly.

The entry for 426 is
    Previous state: I am a toaster with a memetic affect that forces all descriptions of me to be written in the first person.
    Current state: You are a toaster.

• Like x 3
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yikes XD

Though if we wanna talk tacky, how about the response along the lines of "the rape is in your mind" to questions about the first draft of 231, in which the author(s?) were going out of their way to make it as obviously rape as possible?

• Like x 1
  16. Birdy

Birdy so long

Dunno if anyone's ever read it, but there's a sweet antidote (and my personal headcanon) for 231.

• Like x 4
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Nobody's pointed out what her "vocalisations" are and for all we know she is the demon and is yelling disturbing threats and the cruelty is to the D-class.

I wouldn't have minded if they hadn't gone out of their way to make us think "rape" and then basically accused the readers of being the sickos when that was what we thought.

As for the bear versus the safe things, I think there's a line between "anything potentially could kill you" and "everything will actively try to kill you".

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    • Like x 5
  18. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

Personally, I like the theory that 231-7 is a whale.

• Like x 1
  19. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

... Okay, but I'm feeling a bunch of those SCPs are just "The author's fetish".

• Like x 3
  20. devils-avocado

yyyyyyyyyyyyupppp

in my mind, it gets filtered into a category called 'reproductive LOLitics' which is anything that gives me a vibe of 'hey, you know what would be gross and shocking... what if something happened to female reproductive parts... this is so out there and unsettling u guys...' cheap, unimaginative body horror that kind of actually exists in the real world for living people but let's not think about it too much, the important thing is that 'abortion' is a spooky word

I have an entire ocean of saltiness on the matter, and will flat-out admit that I'm not super objective about it. but still.
    that is exactly how I feel about 231, oddly enough. it makes me slightly grumpier about the story than I would otherwise be.
    how was the first draft different? tbh it's not even subtle in its current incarnation, just restrained enough that I (grudgingly) admit it's a well-written horror entry

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice