Self diagnosis thread

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by liminal, May 11, 2015.

1. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

^ You're the third person I've heard now saying that they scored higher on the Ritvo during assessment than informally. Now I really want to see how I score in a clinical setting...

2. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

@wes scripserat I can make eye contact and I'm fairly good socially, like I can seem fairly normal. People think that I'm just a bit quirky. But I'm worse off in other areas. Afab people are often reported to be better at adapting socially and masking their symptoms, so that's also a thing.

• Like x 2
  3. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

then why is the threshhold higher for "girls"
    and i keep scoring just below the threshhold
    the answers are too absolute
    it's never 'always' or 'never' true.
    that's not how it works!
    it changes!
    and it does effect my daily life
    why am i so worked up over this?
    (oh, and I'm user 42, this pleases me)

4. a tiny mushroom

@Elph Ooh, that's cool! Good to know! I think that some of the questions are worded weirdly, or a bit vague and hard to answer without someone there to help explain them or work you through the answer. I also think, it can be hard to assess yourself since you only have yourself as a frame of reference.

@wes scripserat I am not sure =/ That is odd! I don't remember there being a different threshold for girls... What site are you taking it on? It should be 65 for everyone, that is very strange,

5. Fish butt

Fish butt Everything is coming together, slowly but surely.

I just did the test. The 'dating' question is annoying to me, because I can NEVER feel comfortable dating, but I can feel comfortable in other social settings - family reunions, school reunions... Although I do take a stiff drink for those kinds of events, so it might just feel easier. I kind of wish that question was split up.

@a tiny mushroom Yes, there is! I think! There's an average threshold at 65, and one for males(149.5) and one for females(164.7). It's a bit odd how that chart is organised and I'm having trouble making some sense out of it. My total score is 147.0 and while that puts me way above the average threshold, it's not enough for females? I don't know... Here's a screenshot of the chart and maybe you can understand it better than I do.

Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 23.11.11.png

No official diagnosis, just me testing the waters and being curious about my brain.

Edit: it's this site that I tried out: http://aspietests.org/raads/

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  6. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

No, I think the numbers for males and females are the numbers that people have scored, not the thresholds.

• Like x 2
  7. Fish butt

Fish butt Everything is coming together, slowly but surely.

8. a tiny mushroom

Ah, yes, those are just the average scores for each sex/gender! The cut off for everyone is 65.

• Like x 1
  9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Test taken by you on 23 May 2015
    Total score 172.0
    Language 13.0
    Social relatedness 78.0
    Sensory/motor 50.0
    Circumscribed interests 31.0
    i'd say I'm surprised that it's that extreme but honestly I wish there would have been some 'Sometimes' options because I'm too anxious about this unnuanced thing and feel like a massive faker even though I'm pretty sure I didn't lie :'D

• Like x 2
  10. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

Screen Shot 2015-05-23 at 10.13.31 AM.png

okay.

11. a tiny mushroom

Every time I was like, "Sometimes?????" the psychologist marked it as a "yes" answer so uh there is that?
    EDIT: But yeah, a sometimes option would be good!

12. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

The threshold values vs average scores for neurotypicals seems strange, though I guess it's probably because the internet is a haven for introverts who don't deal well with people irl? But... every column has neurotypicals well over the threshold, with the exception of circumscribed interests which is right on the threshold. Very strange. Maybe it's because people wouldn't be doing these tests if they didn't at least somewhat suspect they have autistic traits? /shrug

[​IMG]

13. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Hmm, 160. Not surprising. Although lots of questions needed an intermediate value. I answered yes when the answer was "sometimes" or "often" really.

• Like x 1
  14. Lib

Lib Well-Known Member

194. I am so stereotypical. >_<

15. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

I went to try and take that and noped out as soon as I saw the questions because I couldn't deal with trying to shoehorn my behaviour into four answers or try and remember what i was doing when I was under 16 with any degree of reliability. xP

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice