Shaking Trees, Snooty Giraffes, and Highway Robbery: The Animal Crossing New Leaf thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Kaylotta, Aug 9, 2015.

1. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

I'm glad I found this thread!

I'm a super-newbie. I'm going to add some of you guys and probably take a little bit of fruit, if that's okay. If you're not comfortable with me visiting your town that's totally okay! Please just let me know.

My code is 3626 - 1870 - 6953. I have pretty much nothing but you are very welcome to anything you want!

• Like x 1
  2. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Added! ::3

I've got pretty much everything, so if there's something you want, is orderable, and not in my uncatalogued list or my dlc/offshore list, and you don't want to farm it yourself, drop me a note, I can order it for you ::D
    I'm gonna go to sleep now but I'll be online tomorrow for fruit and stuff.

• Like x 1
  3. ZeroEsper

Thank you very much!

4. winterykite

Anyone still playing? I paused playing mid-january bc of uni reasons, and am now working on catching up (lots and lots of time traveling and talking to every resident every monday and friday so i get to control who moves out. currently trying to get a 9th resident to move in on some acceptable patch)

5. garden

garden lucid dreamer

I stopped playing some time during the school year, started playing again during the last few weeks while I was on vacation, but now that I'm home again I've mostly just been playing Overwatch...

That's always something I never liked about Animal Crossing - the pressure to play every single day, or failing that, to play relatively frequently.

6. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

I need to play again and prolly will start popping in soon. I need to do a lot of work to refresh my spoopy ass town and update it a bit. 8) It's been a while since I just chilled and played a videogame.

7. winterykite

@TheMockingCrows if you timetravel catch up, can you drop me a note when you hit explorer's day (assuming you're in NA, that is)? i want a sailboat model or two, and would come over to grab them.

8. ZeroEsper

I've paused playing, but I'm probably going to go back to it soon. I've burned myself out on Fire Emblem. Plus I hope the villagers I'm not super fond of have moved away.

9. winterykite

i know, on a technical level, that all the moving a character in and then deleting them without paying off a single bell off her loan to tom nook is, uh, rude to him, on the other hand i find i dont quite care because he keeps allowing people to move on top of my fucking fruit trees.
    if i could just mark plots of land where people can move onto...

(that, and moving the fucking rocks)

(still sore i cant hack my game because that requires an earlier 3ds system version than i have)

• Like x 1
  10. TheMockingCrows

• Like x 1
  11. winterykite

silently hoping that the patch will include the ability to set spaces where to put houses, and to move rocks
    or at least a big enough security hole that i can hack the game to move some stuff ::<

12. TheMockingCrows

:D so the update happened. I haven't checked it yet but apparently there's new things to do, AND you can transfer data from Happy Home Designer.

You can also sell your old town to Tom Nook so you can start with a lot of bells instead of empty as hell if you wanna start over. So that's neat.

I'm considering it, but oh christ I'd miss a few of my villagers. ;v;

• Like x 1
  13. TheMockingCrows

oh yeah, you'd also get to keep your shopping catalog if you choose to.

14. garden

garden lucid dreamer

I'm considering it too... my issue is my house... I mean I know you can choose to keep your catalog but I still feel attached to my collection. Hmmm...

(Also I read somewhere that now you can shake fruit trees even while holding a net or fishing rod?? Please let this be true oh my god)

15. TheMockingCrows

I'm not sure if it's true, bc my 3ds isn't charged and I'm being a lazy shit @u@; But oh man, the temptation is real... I may restart after all. Julian and Merengue and my deer are loves, but I will survive variety.

16. TheMockingCrows

There is also something called Initiatives, apparently. Little goals and tasks you're given for a type of coupon currency from what I can tell? so you can actually do something that's not just inane errands, but has a set goal with a specific reward. :is watching a stream where someone's playing it rn and just remade their town:

17. TheMockingCrows

There's also a lot more storage apparently!

• Like x 1
  18. garden

garden lucid dreamer

thank god for that

19. TheMockingCrows

oh, neat, got a full list of stuff.

ACNL Amiibo Update Notes
    As of now this should include most of the major content in the update but small things will probably continue to be discovered. I’ll try my best to find the new stuff. (Thanks r/animalcrossing and all the tumblr replies for helping !)

• Amiibo functionality, invite characters to park in a special new area. Works with all AC Amiibo, the cards, Splatoon and Zelda Amiibo.
      • Zelda amiibos appear to be random when scanned
      • Special villagers such as Wolf Link, Ganon, Medli, or Epona can move to your town
    • Wisp appears once you progress to a certain point and can be found by walking around until you are called by an unknown voice at least a day after the update.
      • Amiibo villagers can be talked to, invited to camp, or invited to live in your town permanently from Wisp
      • Wisp can only grant one wish per day
      • If your town is full but you want an amiibo to move in, you can kick out one of your existing villagers by choice
        • The villager replacing an existing one will plot their home in the same spot
      • You can use amiibo cards to move a villager back in even if they have not cleared the cycle
    • Amiibo camera that allows you to take photos with villagers
    • HHD’s decorating mechanics added once you have the necessary upgrades. Talk to Lottie at Nook’s Homes in order to unlock
      • Requires house to have a second floor and new secret storeroom upgrade
      • Clothes can now be hung on walls
      • Storeroom upgrade provides tons of new storage space
    • New minigames obtained by having the WiiU/N3DS furniture
      • Desert Island Escape
      • Puzzle League
    • Special items and furniture if you link up save data from HHD
    • Can liquidate your town assets when resetting your town.
      • Can choose to either keep catalogue or sell for more bells
      • Money can be gained instantly as one giant sum or as 100 daily payments with 10% interest
    • Ability to silence people in Club Tortimer
    • New island minigames
    • Ability to sit on rocks
    • New villagers brought back from older AC games
    • Free weeding if you haven’t been to your town in a while
    • Nintendo 3DS image share can now be used in-game
    • Balloons no longer exclusively contain balloon furniture and can now drop any kind of furniture
    • You can now shake trees with a net/watering can/fishing rod equipped
    • New items obtainable through fortune cookies including the Wii U and N3DS furniture
    • Your character’s arms will now match the color of your mii mask
    • You can now interact with furniture items while sitting near them
    • Glitches have been patched (RIP net glitch)
    • Amiibo cards of special characters such as Isabelle can be used to get their pictures
    • Villagers now have extended time on when they will move out (more time to convince them otherwise)
    • You can now get a special item and celebrate your town’s anniversary
    • New special fertilizer from Leif that can revive dead trees
    • You can now place furniture on top of stools

20. winterykite

Ooooh
    Time to boot up ACNL again (havent played in a week again)
    that i'd get to keep the catalogue is intriguing, buuuut since i can't order items from other areas of the world, nope.
    (and i put too much time into prettying this town up already like srsly)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice