Shaking Trees, Snooty Giraffes, and Highway Robbery: The Animal Crossing New Leaf thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Kaylotta, Aug 9, 2015.

1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

I'll pop on when I'm all charged up then ouob thank you very much!

2. TheMockingCrows

@Savriti ;v; i am so sorry, i hecked up.. I don't think Merengue transfered over because I forgot to set forward before asking Julian..

3. Savriti

Savriti Professional Lurker

No worries, I was about to apologize on the delay due to getting a back up Merengue.

4. Savriti

Today I learned: Wisp doesn't work on holidays, and sometimes he says he'll get them to move in, and they don't. Making you waste an extra day or two.
    But hooray for infinite villagers.

5. TheMockingCrows

dude. iou a draw. seriously. that was very nice on you ;v; (also, damn I am jelly of your card collection :U!)

6. Savriti

You don't owe me anything, it's fine. I'm glad I helped you get the map you wanted with the people in it. c: (Also, so glad I pulled Marina yesterday. I need her for Lorule).

7. TheMockingCrows

<3 I might not owe anything, but I'd LIKE to do a draw sometime! Specifically because I was able to get the map and the people I wanted and I'm very happy. :D

8. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Man, Happy Home Designer is super short. Also I sold my town and soul to Tom Nook for 8 million bells.

• Like x 1
  9. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

most of HHD's bulk comes from the sheer mass of houses you can design, but yeah, storywise it's... short.

10. Technicality

so hey
    if anyone wants to either visit my town or host theirs I'd love to do that
    and for people trying to get snowman bingo I have 4 and 30 today

11. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

I was pulling some Fantasy Life screenshots off my 3DS and apparently at some point I did... whatever the fuck is going on here.

HNI_0015.JPG
    HNI_0013.JPG

(This ridiculous honeymoon suite is one of the rooms in my HHD hotel; the other one is a nice normal room)

• Like x 2
  12. Technicality

In my HHD hotel I made a room for Isabelle and forced her to sleep
    I left my 3ds on in the corner of my room overnight so that she could get a good night's sleep
    ...I just realized I'm more concerned about a fictional character getting enough sleep that about me getting enough sleep

• Like x 2
  13. winterykite

I'm catching up on ACNL. December 26th rn, and I finally got Island Escape.
    Played it until 3am last night. I might have a problem.

14. winterykite

chief moved out.
    spent the whole meatspace day trying to get tia to not move onto my peaches.
    xx_xx

now to get jeremiah out of my peaches

(what i need from a game like this: an option to mark in which area im ok with new houses. maybe outright plot-marking.)

• Like x 2
  15. winterykite

Jeremiah is gone. I ran around like a headless chicken for a while because I was a few days past the last move-out date and no one was showing any indication that they want to move, until someone told me that Jeremiah wants to go.

Hans moved in a few days later. Wasn't too keen on him specifically, but he put his house fucking perfect. Like, literally perfect. There was no better spot. So I thought to myself, eh, I can live with him being ugly, he deserves a chance because of that house placement.

While looking up gyroid sets for Club LOL, I came across a few update posts wrt Welcome Amiibo, and it said that the buffer for bridges got decreased. I might get my third bridge that got blocked by the campground without hacking, so Renée is the next one to go.
    I also read something about patterns and stuff having a decreased chance of villagers plopping on them now? So I cleared an area that I'd accept a new villager on.
    After Renée, Rhonda is next, and whoever moves in after her can stay in the same column, but move 3 down so I can put my path behind the houses. Which would help the space problem so I don't have to fit 7 hosues north of the plaza -- 6 is difficult enough with having some buffer for the road...

I might still try hacking the game, I didn't update my system past 11.2.0-35E. I have 5 rocks, if I remove one completely because it's in the way and move one to a slightly different place so it stops fucking with my bushes, I'm still at 4 rocks and it won't be obvious that it's hacked. The rock directly south of my 3rd character's home can stay, I don't think a villager can move there -- the space is 6 wide, but it's directly next to the campground entrance, so...

I also revised my dream villager list a little:
    • Ruby
    • Nan
    • Stitches
    • Tom
    • Muffy
    • Willow
    • Coco
    • Shep
    • Last 2 places are coin toss between Jay (although I've sworn I wouldn't take in any more jocks, but he fits with the theme...), Filbert, Maddie, Daisy, Lucy, Bella, Claude, Cesar, Cherry, Maggie, and Frita)
    There's a theme to this. Not completely, because I love some of the villagers who are not part of said theme a bit too much to consider not having them, but it's there.

...can you guys guess it, and who belongs to it? ::3

Is anyone still playing this tho is the question now...
    (Also I have like almost 2 storage pages full of perfect peaches and would like to sell them at some point, although I still have 3-4 sub-pages i can fill.)

• Like x 1
  16. TheMockingCrows

i -still- have all my things sitting in nate's town that i need to pick up @A@ but i just picked the game up again earlier today to keep building the house up and im 99% sure everyone's still there. cleared a fuckton of weeds and got a present for it too. need to get my focus back so i can collect my shit and start decorating properly. Oof.

• Like x 1
  17. winterykite

Renée is moving tomorrow, but I got a passerby move-in (Peggy) who put herself on top of my peaches. I swear, there'll be bacon.
    And the second I hit 10 villagers, I got a campground visitor every. day.
    augh.
    I should probably disable streetpass/spotpass for acnl for a while...

• Agree x 1
  18. TheMockingCrows

I've only got a few upgrades to go before Main House is ready for decorating and perfecting and Second House can slowly begin being worked on. Julian, Merengue, Marshall and Marina are doing fab. I'm growing a soft spot for Greta. Haven't done much in the way of development for the town yet, but I've gotten all my bridges, club lol, the police box, camp site and soon the lil bus shelter. I realized with great sadness that I took so long to get my stuff from my spouse's town that All of my flowers died. 8I so starting from ground zero with that.

anyone got a simple guide for getting the hybrids going on hand?

• Like x 1
  19. TheMockingCrows

also, i stf... I'm happily putting up with the unwanted bluejay and the weird lookin' rabbit, but Winnie. did you really need to have your house parked on the front of the office? ...seriously?? like. that's where you HAD to go..?

also also - moment of sad silence for almost getting bluebear from the campsite yesterday but screwing up a single hand of rock paper scissors 8I ah well. we'll see who comes next.

20. winterykite

Bidoofcrossing is my go-to, next to thonky.

If you want, I can give you some of mine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice