Shipping Gripes Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by furrylatula, Jan 12, 2017.

1. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

in contrast i can see beforus eridan x eridan BEING psuedofather instead of selfcest because beforus actually has a rudimentary concept of family (even if it is just guardianship) that highbloods r pretty much forced into

• Like x 3
  2. furrylatula

(can you tell i like selfcest)

• Like x 2
  3. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

i don't even go to this bar but keep the shots coming o.o

• Like x 2
  4. furrylatula

theres another fuckin great aspect of cronus selfcest that is so frequently ignored in favor of 'friendly clone orgies reeking of desperation' (and im guilty of this myself tbh, love me a good friendly clone orgy reeking in desperation)

and thats that cronus would fucking despise clones of himself

whats interesting is that he could probably learn to accept the existence of the clones (after all, a reasonable scapegoat for everything he does ever) but he would hate the clones themselves

not bc of any uwu secret self hate like ray wishes but because 1. hes no longer the Most Special and 2. he doesnt see them as being an extension of himself so much as DISGUSTING COPYCATS who are SULLYING HIS IMAGE

this is the closest hes ever going to get to self awareness bc hes able to pick apart a clone with ease but not consciously recognize that Hey, that applies to Me too

• Like x 14
  5. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

So he'd be like those fictionkin who are "I am the REAL Cronus Ampora, all others are bad fakes!!!"

• Like x 8
  6. furrylatula

absofuckinlutely

• Like x 3
  7. furrylatula

hello its ya boy john with more Useless Ship Whining

todays ship of focus is karkan

aka 'is she his mom or are they makin out. fuckin pick one' mc'what is kanaya getting out of this huh'

• Like x 2
  8. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oh i thought you meant kankri at first

Yeah karkan is really boring and usually ooc to make it "work" >k>

• Like x 1
  9. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

karkan feels to me like it only exists as a parallel to the sufferer and the dolorosa, instead of something coming from karkat and kanaya's interactions in canon

• Like x 1
  10. furrylatula

also boring and usually ooc: beta ot4

i s2g the only way it works is if your characterization is permanently stuck in act 1

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  11. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

I quite like pale karkan but I have never seen a fic that makes it work flushed

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
  12. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

thought re: the parallel shipping with trolls
    I kind of like seeing how it plays out re: enforced aspects? Like okay say the Condesce and Orphaner were <> for each other, so it's Hereby Decreed that every )(eiress must be <> with her personal Orphaner

and then of course everything goes to shit when people rebel against the enforced pairings
    but I'm a terrible person who likes seeing what happens

• Like x 9
    • Agree x 2
  13. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

i feel like you can make it work up through act 4, and in aus that take off from that point/don't include the trolls it works alright

• Like x 2
  14. a small fis)(

a small fis)( 26 people in a trench coat

jadevrisrosekanrezi is objectively better than vrisrosekanrezi to me bc the latter is all goth. i need prep representation in my ships to relate to

15. furrylatula

TEREZI STILL ISNT GOTH SWEATY (((:

• Like x 1
  16. a small fis)(

a small fis)( 26 people in a trench coat

SHES EMO SHITPOSTER ITS IS THE SAME

17. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Emo == bad Goth liked by the youngins.

• Like x 3
  18. shmeed

shmeed plant me

I really dislike Keith <3 Lance and it's really popular and that has made me dislike it more

I can see it as auspistice KISMESISTUDE. I feel like that's close to what it is in Canon. But every interaction they have it is painfully obvious how much they find each other inherently annoying and intolerable. All their traits piss each other off. Everything.

Fic I have read for them is often OOC and reduces them to "slightly angst Keith" and "loudmouth/emotionally oblivious Lance" and just that. It would also be more fine if it wasn't so often lumped together with Keith <3 Shiro. I like that an ot3 is this popular but I am torn that it's made up of my OTP and my NOTP

(edited to fix quadrant)

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    • Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  19. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

No joke as a middle schooler I harbored a somewhat intense hatred of emo because it was some sort of imposter on the things my mother taught me. I mean I still listened to their shit because I'm trash. But.

they were not of us

IMPOSTERS

I was an awful child.

• Like x 2
  20. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

to make it worse i was a weeaboo and i wore a naruto headband thing around my neck because my fav was hinata

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice