Shipping Gripes Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by furrylatula, Jan 12, 2017.

1. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

sweet and fluffy Jaspis is upsetting for me. sweet and fluffy GamNep is. really triggering. can't deal with seeing that.
    which is why I don't look for GamNep content anymore tbh. all the stuff that exists for it is either poorly, poorly done, or it's sweet and fluffy, or it's both. it kinda sucks.

• Like x 3
  2. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

Why is fontcest everywhere I hate it so much.

• Like x 2
  3. chaoticArbiter

what is fontcest

4. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Any combo of Sans/Papyrus/Gaster from Undertale, I think (definitely at least sans/papyrus)

• Like x 2
  5. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

(For context, I largely avoid Darker Than Black fandom spaces like the plague despite it being my favorite anime, because this damn ship is everywhere and it squicks me something fierce because there are MASSIVE looming consent issues and I can't see Hei being okay with that.)

(Plus: perfect moirallegiance as-is, so please can we not with the flushed.)
    (Double plus: the gender-related dynamics make me go :excalibur:)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    • Like x 1
  6. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

Yeah, it's not known whether Gaster is related to the skeleton brothers or not, so I'm not terribly bothered by shipping him with them if people are assuming he isn't, but Sans and Papyrus are definitely brothers and the pairing squicks me out so damn much.

7. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

johnroxy was shoved in at the last hour and was almost exclusively roxy going 'single boy who i dont hate? FLIRTIN TIME' which, while i admit is extremely relatable, does not a sustainable or interesting relationship make

plus my experience with it is almost exclusively straight homestuck reddit douchebags SO

• Like x 9
  8. chaoticArbiter

I really wanna watch Darker Than Black, but I can't find it dubbed anywhere. am sad.

9. furrylatula

like honestly im glad that canon dropped it super quickly because thats what happens 99% of the time when you consider someone as a romantic partner for no other reason than 'single and nice'

• Like x 6
  10. chaoticArbiter

well
    single boy who she doesn't hate and isn't related to
    but yeah John was kind of the only option there.

• Like x 2
  11. LadyNighteyes

Funimation used to have it up on their website, but it looks like all there is now is the season that doesn't exist. This is a crime. Maybe I'll have to stream it sometime. (Though the dub ruins one of the funniest bits in the whole show and this offends my nerdy soul. :::PPP)

• Like x 2
  12. chaoticArbiter

you should stream it if you have the time ever
    and I mean yeah, dubs'll do that
    unfortunately I can't watch subs. which kinda sucks, but eh.

13. LadyNighteyes

My concern is more "do I trust my laptop and my internet to play a DVD and stream that video without anything freezing" than time.

(And it's mostly just the one joke, which I assume they cut because they thought Americans wouldn't get it, but dammit, I know no Chinese and I still got it and the line doesn't make sense without it. >:::((( )

14. chaoticArbiter

yeah that might be an issue.
    (maybe I can look it up at some point? once I. know what's going on in the scene, at least.)

15. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

Actually, you know what? Fuck all romances, we don't need them, I'm sick of it being impossible to find even a shred of fic other than shipping that focuses on a particular character dynamic. It's fucking everywhere. Make it stop.

• Like x 5
  16. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

I was disappointed Johnroxy went nowhere but that's more because I thought Rose's and Dave's reactions to John dating their kinda-mom-kinda-older-sister-female-ecto-progenitor would have been hilarious. Between Rose oscillating from 'possibly jealous or at least concerned and maybe not wanting to lose Roxy's attention so therefore ridiculous levels of flightly broad passive aggressive bullshit' and finding the whole thing hilarious and wanting to analyse the entire situation over breakfast and Dave going into escalating levels of "dude. Dude. DUDE." and being frustrated about it sounded like a really fun time there. But it didn't pan out, so Roxiope(that the ship name???) is really cute too. Calliope deserves happiness, Roxy deserves a fulfilling and sweet relationship, and they get to go to fancy restaurants while Jane ruins everything offscreen.

• Like x 11
  17. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

it could work re: roxy is the only one who survived from the pre-retcon game over universe besides john, if i remember correctly, but it wouldn't be anything but "finding brief solace in their mutual shared experience", and roxycallie is a good and pure ship, not to mention a more developed relationship

davekat. i like New Canon Davekat (the fact that obviously they sat down and talked) but i have to say that it being The Gay Homestuck Ship has kinda......made it lose its charm for me. it's just Everywhere tbh.
    the constant "davekat is bad" joking by the reddit dudebros makes me cling stubbornly to it, though

• Like x 5
  18. chaoticArbiter

I used to be really About DaveKat but now it's everywhere and I am
    not so much about it anymore
    I have other, less loved ships to quietly sob over so that's what I do

• Like x 2
  19. furrylatula

at the VERY LEAST johnroxy > grimdorks since roxy has actually shown literally any interest in john

• Like x 4
  20. doro

doro Collector of Unfortunate Sexualities

Time to gripe about sports anime ships that most of y'all don't care about *cracks knuckles*

I hate 90% of all ships with Kuroko. Anytime he's shipped with someone from the GoM, it pisses me off because of how they've treated him like shit (except Kise but I don't really like him) and made him start to hate the sport he loves more than anything. AoKuro especially brings my blood to a boil. Aomine fucking broke his heart and you're gonna make cutesy art of them together like nothing happened? Nuh uh. Not gonna fly. I can handle MidoKuro for the lols and maaaybe MuraKuro for the nice size difference but otherwise it's a no go.

Haikyuu is a great fandom for multishippers like me. Despite me posting in this tag, I generally don't hate ships all that much. And out of all the ships to irrationally hate, it has to be a pretty popular one: KenHina. It's not the main ship (thankfully), but I just feel like it's such a waste (if that makes sense. Hell, it doesn't make sense to ME, but that's what's up).

Also, SouRin is Badâ„¢ cause I like both of them better in literally every other ship. Also Kisumi/Haru is rare but I hate it every time; 2/10 spade ship.

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice