shitposting rave 2, electric boogaloo

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by this is not a subaccount, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Congessi

Congessi problem child

...ah. Misalignment discovered. (...Captains, please forgive what may turn out to be a detailed explanation of just how weakly our ship is held together.)

Personally-- and the whole comms staff on the TEAM-- do not spread sensitive information. Even if that weren't a good way to get killed six different ways, either by the captains or the government the next time we stop anywhere in Cybertronian space, it's... a violation of trust, a wrongness. Not unthinkable, but-- undesirable. Would be turned on by the others, if discovered. This ship runs on stubbornness and trust, and if we who have access to the most information use that information to harm our own shipmates...

Well. That would not be good. From a morale standpoint: would all but destroy any capability to successfully complete our mission. From a threat-assessment standpoint: would likely have to take on not only the other comms staff and the captains, but something like 87% of the entire ship's complement.

We are not trusted. For good reason-- most of the ship comes from either the aforementioned 4-million-year-war, with all the atrocities that comes with, or outlying worlds where self-preservation was highest (and sometimes only) rule. We cannot betray what shreds of trust have started to form.

Gossip, on the other hand, is restricted by semiformal agreement to non-sensitive information. Who's courting who, where we're likely to go next, who decided to frag in public, what disaster will happen in the engineering labs soonest... little things. Silly things. Things that cannot do much damage. It is the knowing of the relationships within our ship, the enjoyment of a very recently-established peace. People will talk, always. Better we talk about the little delightful things than add more tension to the pile.

• Like x 6
  2. Scanner

Scanner Hears Your Secrets | 18+

CAN'T CATCH ME BORING THOUGHTS!
    -he yells and runs in circles around @THE FUN POLICE laughing-

• Like x 4
  3. Torisen Dreamwalker

Torisen Dreamwalker The Knorth Jameth

I think we may have different meanings of sensitive information in mind? It's certainly not military information. More socially sensitive information. Though I suppose the gossiping could get someone killed. Talk of assassins goes around every now and then, and the Highborn are certainly renowned for assassination.

4. Congessi

Congessi problem child

...Am learning this, yes. It still feels-- wrong, and disorienting, and a little bit terrifying to not be able to hear my closest. There is a reason I only have one crewmate still. I-- I trust Jetski, I do, but-- more people is more danger, is more unknowns when I cannot feel their intentions as my own, is--

...I don't want to talk about this.

5. Congessi

Congessi problem child

"Captain Life Support and his pretty green courted haven't spoken in [X] cycles, how are they gonna make up?" is very, very different from "I know exactly what Captain Life Support and his courted argued over, and I am going to make all of their weak spots public and/or hold that over their heads." First is acceptable, second is not.

• Like x 2
  6. Burlesque

Burlesque Formerly Known As Hot Stuff |18+

Well, there are horses. Or horse equivalents, rather. They're just likely to kick you off and inform you of all the microaggressions you're perpetuating by forcing them to submit by virtue of their alt-mode.

• Like x 5
  7. Cosmina Kastellan

Cosmina Kastellan Sergeant In Denial, Knight of Rage 18+

Hokeh. Just thought eet might help to know dot eet has vorked out for odders for a very long time now.

8. Torisen Dreamwalker

Torisen Dreamwalker The Knorth Jameth

Ah. Yes, the latter is what gossip tends to mean here.

I don't at all know what this means. Save that it furthers serves my point that horses cannot be trusted.

• Like x 3
  9. THE FUN POLICE

THE FUN POLICE PATROL ROUTE: THE EDGES OF REALITY | 18+

STOP, BEING!
    -makes sirens brighter and louder-
    I'LL CITE YOU FOR DISTURBING THE EMOTIONAL PEACE!

• Like x 1
  10. Congessi

Congessi problem child

I am not others and will feel however I please about my own relationships.

...I. sorry. I shouldn't be snapping, trying to help, sorry. Not. I can't. Not helping, not right now.

Miscommunication: clarified!

Meant only to encourage the first-- blowing off steam is useful, sometimes, and can distract from... less wanted lines of communications.

11. Burlesque

We can do something similar to shape shifting, with set shapes, typically. Certain shapes-- beasts, mostly, but others as well-- tend to be looked down upon. Thus the lecture if you try to ride them.

Of course, anyone with a transportation based alt-mode can be ridden, but somehow it's worse when it happens to horses. I don't care for them much either.

12. At least nobody can frag each other on a horse.

• Like x 5
  13. THE FUN POLICE

BEINGS, I APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORTS TO LOWER THE FUN LEVELS IN THIS AREA.

HOWEVER, I MUST ISSUE A VERBAL WARNING. FUN-KILLING IS BEST LEFT TO PROFESSIONALS. AND UNLESS WE FIND THE SOURCE OF THE FUN OVERAGE, THE PROBLEM WILL CONTINUE.

• Like x 2
  14. the author speaks

the author speaks [WT/18+] Mage of Space Stanford F. Pines, PhD

She's from a different timeline. I know this to be true, because both she and her brother are currently inside my house, and you are neither of them.

• Like x 1
  15. Scanner

Scanner Hears Your Secrets | 18+

-cackles louder, skipping a little as he runs-
    DISTURBING IS WHAT I DOOOOO

• Like x 1
  16. THE FUN POLICE

THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING! AFTER THIS I WILL BE FORCED TO DEPLOY THE FUN WAGON.

• Like x 1
  17. Burlesque

There's nothing worse than that, true. It happened to you too?

• Like x 1
  18. the author speaks

the author speaks [WT/18+] Mage of Space Stanford F. Pines, PhD

Apparently this occurs to everyone but me.

• Like x 1
  19. Ulien Helbon

Ulien Helbon Ain't my fault

Lies'n'slander, jus' depends on th'size'a the horse an' the mechs in question. Pits, frag the horse too! Why not?

• Like x 1
  20. Throttle

Throttle No.

Are you threatening him?

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice