shitposting rave 2, electric boogaloo

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by this is not a subaccount, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Congessi

Congessi problem child

[She steps into Refractor's arms and curls one of her own around him just below his wings, humming quietly.]

...known. Glad. But-- if we are a 'we', some of my mistakes are going to be things we all have to deal with. Want those dangers to be as few and far between as possible.

...someone else mentioned here being practice for other spaces? Have few enough manners as it is, don't want to ignore those and get all sloppy elsewhere! =P

Honestly, though-- thought social protocol was clear? Mistake made, so initial smoothing-over overture also made. Or are the rules different here...?

• Like x 1
  2. Torisen Black Lord

Torisen Black Lord Wolf-Friend and Highlord

To be honest even I'm growing confused now.

3. Kite from the library

Kite from the library Library room excavator [18+]

4. Congessi

Congessi problem child

...would be appreciated on my end.

5. Torisen Black Lord

Yes? No. Maybe?

I feel a need to apologize for something. Being a bother likely.

6. Clover

Clover Witch of Breath (18+)

You could apologize for your beard.

• Like x 3
  7. Torisen Black Lord

Given that one of my sister's classmates attempted to sleep with me without it I refuse.

• Like x 1
  8. Clover

Some guys are still going to try to sleep with you.

9. Torisen Black Lord

But they will be trying to sleep with me. I've enough trouble with people throwing themselves at me as is. I don't need my sisters suitors as well.

• Like x 1
  10. Clover

Fair enough.

• Like x 1
  11. Torisen Black Lord

It was a surreal experience. At least I was able to steal her scarf away from him during it.

12. Kite from the library

Kite from the library Library room excavator [18+]

(Kite rubs its four hands together)

From what I've gathered, Torisen Black Lord was commenting on the dynamics between Clover and Achromat Nichrome, which reminded him of some of his own associates. Which, well, public space.
    Congessi, in turn, remarked that they can do what they want. Which is true.
    From Torisen Black Lord's reply to that I assume that it was a more-or-less friendly gripe, which is a thing that happens, especially among people who know each other, but is also a standard social conduct in some societies. Cultural Difference number one.
    Congessi recognized they - I'm sorry, I can't seem to recall your pronouns right at this moment, I hope "they" is fine for this bit? - misparsed the tone, and apologized, to show that they intended no offence.

Torisen Black Lord confirmed it was a joke, and that no harm was done.
    Congessi explained their difficulties with interpersonal nuance, which can be difficult even within a culture, leave alone intercultural.
    Torisen Black Lord then replied that no harm was done, and, since he was not offended, no apology was needed, either.
    At which point we reach Cultural Difference number 2.
    Congessi decided to play it safe, which is understandable, because sometimes people get pissy in situations like this, and better safe than sorry.
    Torisen Black Lord, however, comes, from what I've gathered, either from a society that isn't that high-strung about misunderstandings of this nature, or at least has a context in which people are more likely to not see things like that as an offence.
    From Congessi's point of view, the apology was necessary both from common courtesy - a mistake was made - and to prevent a potential escalation.
    From Torisen Black Lord's point of view, the apology was not needed, because there was nothing to apologize for, sometimes stuff like that happens, you clear up the misunderstanding, and move on.

Now, both attempting to explain their point of view, managed to confuse each other a bit, at which point I jumped in.
    I hope this explains it, and that I haven't misinterpreted anyone.

• Like x 2
  13. Congessi

Congessi problem child

...accurate on my end. Appreciated, if also accurate on Torisen Black Lord's.

(As for pronouns: unclear? Used to pronouns referring to social groupings, not individual, don't know how this language works so unsure if translation is accurate. Use [not-Cybertronian]/[colonist] in Neocybex, don't know how or if that would translate properly...)

14. Torisen Black Lord

I'm not certain that it's a cultural difference exactly, but yes that is accurate on my side as well.

15. saxifragousBrocard

saxifragousBrocard -0 Suffering.

-0 Oh for Empress' sake the lot of you are out to rot my fangs.

-0 I see more than my fair share of ash and pale conciliatory tomfoolery when my clade is all together.

-0 There is no escape.

-0 @Demoness why must I suffer.

• Like x 1
  16. crocellsApostate

crocellsApostate bard of makes you hard

tell me about it. its absolutely revwolting.

• Like x 2
  17. Congessi

Congessi problem child

...which "it"? Teasing-as-familiarity or apology needed/not? Second may well be malfunction on my end, Shades know I've enough processor glitches it wouldn't be surprising.

Public is neutral zone. Personally more preferable to deal with misunderstandings here than on claimed territory that could make one party or the other more defensive.

18. The Handmaid

The Handmaid Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

Because I have personally guided your life into misery and you probably deserve it anyway.

• Like x 7
  19. saxifragousBrocard

saxifragousBrocard -0 Suffering.

-0 Aggravating when experienced in excess, perhaps.

-0 Or in small doses.

-0 ...

-0 The amount is beside the point.

-0 Revolting is hyperbole.

-0 The brief foray into ashen voyeurism seemed more indecent that it was upon reconsideration.

-0 Blaming the context.

-0 That confirmation isn't as much of a relief as I'd hoped.

-0 Oh mighty Demoness how do I atone for my sins.

• Like x 3
  20. The Handmaid

The Handmaid Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

Ask myself that every night. Still no answer. My suggestion? Get blitzed and punch a highbood.

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice