shitposting rave 3: Dawn of the third rave

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by the fourth wall, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Don't worry about it-- ah, Lacuna, was it? We've definitely heard worse than "you three are just friends, right?" and you aren't even being passive-aggressive about it. We're cool.

...but yeah, it is kinda rude a little bit, might wanna watch out around jets who actually care about manners.

[That's it. He has to laugh. The tiny organic is so confused and Eyefeather clearly knows nothing about how machines work. He hides his face against the back of Whisperwind's neck and cracks up.]

2. Lacuna of Devisiun

Lacuna of Devisiun the quiet one (18+)

Right, Triage told me some tips for identifying trines. But wouldn't it be rude to assume the other way and be wrong, too?

3. Eyefeather of Caminus

Eyefeather of Caminus Fabulous, Vicious, Brilliant | 18+

Oh come on, stop poking it, it's not like I won or anything, I just did some stuff. I'm sure you are just missing something obvious!
    [she waves off]

• Like x 1
  4. Lacuna of Devisiun

Willpower makes things possible here. Like me displaying my words like this!

• Like x 1
  5. Ah, sort of? Not as much, though, it's kind of a compliment as long as you're not being obviously aggressive about it? Implies "you three work so well together" sorta thing, if that makes sense? Especially if the people you're asking are youngish, since it takes a while for a trine to really settle in and fly smoothly together.

Oh, you did something all right. [He stifles more laughter.]

6. Lacuna of Devisiun

Alright, so when in doubt, assume trine if I have to make an assumption known?

7. Pretty much! With neutrals, anyway, my knowledge of Cybertron's pretty out-of-date. [He grins.] And of course who even knows with all the different colonies now, I'm sure little miss magic fingers over there could tell you if Camien rules are different.

8. Lacuna of Devisiun

And I'm not even sure if Devisen HAS rules. If it does, no other flyers stuck around us long enough to tell us.

-She frowns.-

9. Eyefeather of Caminus

Oh! What a neat feature.
    Excuse me darling if I'm supposed to hear you you will have to speak up~

10. Lacuna of Devisiun

Which means you don't know anything about engineering, but it's still impressive. You did it because you thought you could. Definitely respect-worthy.

11. mechanicalOversight

mechanicalOversight mO: voil8rs wil b PROSTITUTSED

no, no, im 200% positive!! the engine and the fuel r not connected!! here ill show u

[He floats the side open and cries out.]

o my gods wat have u done??!!??!! none of this is- oh my- and that-

[A flicker of olive later the engine is off, and he climbs bodily inside the stilled machine. There's some muffled yelping before he climbs out sniffling, covered in black grease. He points back into the jumble of cogs and wires.]

y would u ruin it like tht???? it was so pretty :'( :'( :'(

• Like x 3
  12. [How are all the colonies so fucked up. How. His wings curl forward almost automatically-- sure, Lacuna's small, but she's not a sparkling, someone should have told her some of these things by now.]
    ...That sucks, it really does. There aren't any you could ask now, even? I mean, we're perfectly willing to explain things-- [he loops an arm around Whisperwind's waist, just below his wings--] but... that won't help you know how things were done on your planet, if that's something you even want to learn.

[He carefully does not answer. He has an armful of his own darling peacock, he does not need to pick another fight with the snooty one. Even if her pretending to know anything about mechanical function is hilarious.]

13. Eyefeather of Caminus

Well you can't possibly know everything. You're the engineer, Doveling, and I'm the pretty one! See it all works out!
    Ugh, excuse you, I did my best there. I tried and therefore no one can judge me!

• Like x 1
  14. Lacuna of Devisiun

...I don't know. It's hard to know how people will react to me. Because I'm curs- an outlier.

15. [He will not start another fight, he will not start another fight...
    ...but he will absolutely judge her. Mostly silently, even.]

[...this is not worth giggles at all, though.]
    That's fair. You know what you're willing to risk-- and what you might be risking-- better than I do, I'm not about to tell you you have to run off and maybe get yourself skewered or whatever in the name of knowing everything.

...if you do ever want to and want backup, I'm sure your tall pretty friend would come with. Or, pits, hit us up, I know for a fact Wispy and I'll be more than willing to tank for you and I'm reasonably sure Venture is too.

16. Whisperwind of Obex

Whisperwind of Obex [bird noises]

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  17. The Clown

The Clown shittiest being on this side of the galaxy

if you think that's bad you should see what the inside of a h.o.n.k. mech looks like

18. the author speaks

the author speaks [WT/18+] Mage of Space Stanford F. Pines, PhD

"No," says Ford, "but you do have a not-at-all hidden talent for bullshit that may possibly rival my brother's."

"You're absolutely right!" Ford glances at the troll conspiratorially. "Want to see if we can make it actually work faster than she did?"

"I am obviously not a jet, but I'm in a triad, and I wouldn't be insulted if someone asked neutrally whether we three were a triad or not. It's the tone of voice and the funny look that makes the question insulting. My guess would be that you're better off not assuming things as long as you can ask politely."

"...right. Calm down. Let's just fix it. Also, you know it's not real, don't you?" Ford smiles sympathetically.

"The next time my wife is here, talk to her. My guess is that you're not cursed, but...she would definitely be able to tell. And being an outlier is painful enough sometimes, but it doesn't have to be if you make the right friends."

• Like x 3
  19. Eyefeather of Caminus

That's a harsh word! I'd call it an above average confidence and a knack for improvisation.
    [she laughs]

• Like x 2
  20. Burlesque

Burlesque Formerly Known As Hot Stuff |18+

She isn't cursed. It's a stupid function of Devisiun labeling that qualifies their outliers with 'cursed' or 'blessed'.

I'm not sure if your definition of outlier is the same as ours though. It's not just a commentary on statistical anomalies, it's a term for bots with... powers, I suppose. One of our ship psychologists is an outlier who can teleport, for instance. While Devisiun's backwards moralistic model is obscene, Cybertron wasn't much better-- most outliers were offlined by Functionists if they didn't join specific academies for further study and/or to be gently shuffled out of the eyes of the brainless masses, who might see outliers and think 'oh! perhaps it is not religiously mandated for me to die in a mine after all! glorious day, may we have the choice to follow our dreams rather than our functions!'

Of course, you could be using the same definition. The troll 'psionics' would be considered outliers by our reckoning, though it would seem that they are more common than ours are.

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice