shitposting rave 3: Dawn of the third rave

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by the fourth wall, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Angela Ziegler

Angela Ziegler Do angels grow bitter? And what then?

What I gave him doesn't really count as life. But you're welcome to have that conversation with him!

Sometimes I think I must be insane, to try and cure death.

2. Half Life

Half Life Small Medic, Big Universe | 18+

... according to what list of traits does it not count as life, may I ask?

3. Angela Ziegler

His physical body no longer exists. He burned in the ruins of our headquarters and no body was found, but the temperature reached in the fire was sufficient for complete combustion of a human. Explosives and fuel are a dangerous mixture to say the least. At most he is a cloud of particles shrouded in illusion. Not much of a way to live.

4. Half Life

a cloud of particles remains a physical form, albeit a much more flexible, malleable one and illusion... well. I know of some types of projection technology that could likely be called "illusion", it is... expensive but from what I know very much can be used to alter one's frame's physical appearance in non permanent ways-
    What I am trying to say here is... maybe he should get help with seeing the ways in which his new fra- his new body contains the beauty of life, simply in a new, a different way-
    and maybe you need help with seeing this too!

• Like x 2
  5. Ana-Amari

Ana-Amari Team grandmother and tea afficianado

You've not seen him without the mask I take it? I am not so...cynical is not quite the right word. I've more hope about the matter than Angela.

You've not seen him, however.

6. Half Life

If someone is capable of change and developement and responsive to outside stimulus then they are alive.

• Like x 2
  7. Ana-Amari

I reiterate: you have not seen him unmasked. I have.

8. Half Life

I don't need to see him unmasked to know that alive is alive and all life is beautiful, ma'am.

• Like x 1
  9. Ana-Amari

You've not been alive very long then. Or at least not as we consider it. Life is cruel and harsh. Unbelievably ugly, to be honest. There is a notch on my rifle for each man I have killed to protect my own family. That many sons or fathers or mothers or daughters have died. Had to, I said before. I question that, yet I can see no other way out of those situations. To save one family another must perish, and we strip them of all they are in the process out of necessity. It weighs too heavily otherwise and then your family is the one that dies for your hesitation. And that is simply one example.

The harshness of it is part of why life is valuable and why it is worth fighting for. But you have not seen him. You don't know how ugly life has gotten for Gabriel. Please. At least attempt to understand her grief.

10. Half Life

I don't care that you killed people. I care about the living. He is alive now. Life is not ugly.
    If you continue saying this how do you think he will ever get better?
    Also honestly I don't think you have anything to tell me about war, considering I deserted the war I was built for.
    I protect life. I heal and restore. I do not do harm unless the harmed party asks me for it of their own free will, because pain inflicted on others is pain I feel as well. I was made to be a medic in the most literal sense of the words. Maybe that's why I take my calling more seriously than you.

• Like x 2
  11. Whisperwind of Obex

Whisperwind of Obex [bird noises]

[This discussion of "what counts as alive" is not a thing Whisperwind wants to think about! He continues playing with the mi instead, even though his wings have taken a decidedly defensive tilt.]

• Like x 2
  12. A Mi

A Mi smol, NS

Several other Mis have decided to come chase the evil wire or sit on the warm, so now Whisperwind is sprinkled with floofs.

• Like x 3
  13. Ana-Amari

For your kind? Perhaps. For my own? Oh, it is detestable. A fact that you don't understand. It is sometimes a wonder we treasure it so much, but that very ugliness is why we do.

And you presume to accuse me of not taking my work seriously? Once I did not. Never again. I may be a ghost, but I am a ghost who will fight for peace until the day I die. I have deserted life, but I've not deserted the war. I cannot. Someone must heal the wounds. Someone must pacify the foes peacefully. Someone must continue to refine what they know of the doctor's research and technology. Yet here is some pompous near-omnic accusing me of laxity because he does not understand us.

Angela is ten times the doctor you could ever hope to be. She has learned the weight of life and that sometimes it is far too heavy to bear.

-the teary eyed old woman turns to look at @Angela Ziegler with concern. she rests a hand on her shoulder-

Maybe we get you a drink?

14. Libre of Iacon

Libre of Iacon My name is not Libby, NS

Dear me, this is why one shouldn´t let emotional medics stay in a room together. @Ana-Amari perhaps some of your 'tea' will make everyone feel better?

• Like x 2
  15. Ana-Amari

It's much worse when one is a mother as well as a medic. "Mama Bear" always has tea on hand at least. Or is ready to make it.

16. Sawbones of Kaon

Sawbones of Kaon Medicat, NS

-bowls Libre over and holds him down with one paw-
    Well fer all tha´he´s bein´a lil scraplet about it, I think th´librarian might be right. w´could all do with a nice drink.

17. Half Life

If you want to presume yourself arbiter of which life is pretty enough to be deserving of being protected feel free, but I will not let this kind of scrap stay unchallenged.
    You say I don't understand but I think you are simply too stuck to consider how this might sound to someone like me.
    After all I suppose no one has ever called you and abomination!
    *he throws his hands up and stomps off to find @Skydrop and angrily glare at Ana while he knits, angrily, and sits in his lover's lap, also angrily.*

• Like x 2
  18. Libre of Iacon

Libre of Iacon My name is not Libby, NS

-blink- A mother? What sort of position is "mother"? And do you require help with the tea?

• Like x 1
  19. Genie

Genie A talkative revolver

In your excessive idolatry with regards to the value of life, I am afraid the importance of death is lost upon you.

With an overindulgence of life comes a painful amount of suffering, to which death is the proper remedy.

Truly, death and life are both identical, and yet dissimilar. A pair of magnetic poles that simultaneously repel and attract.

Allow me to ask you, automaton, how do you presume to know that the man's continued existence would bring less suffering than his death?

His continued existence is the result of a great folly. For defying the will of Karma through reversal of his demise, Karma has selected this reanimated corpse to serve as both its adjudicator and its executioner.

Most ironically, it he who is the result of this great blasphemy who will exact punishment upon the sinners who dared defy the will of causality.

20. Angela Ziegler

I think what you're missing is that we loved him. Still do, even though all he seems capable of is hate and vengeance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice