shitposting rave 3: Dawn of the third rave

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by the fourth wall, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Lacuna of Devisiun

Lacuna of Devisiun the quiet one (18+)

[Lacuna to Cloudcrusher]: I think she's got some of my screws, am I bleeding?

2. Sawbones of Kaon

Sawbones of Kaon Medicat, NS

-comes back down and gives her backpack an amused look.-

3. Primus

Primus It's tough to be a God

...All right, well frag THIS nonsense.
    -he lets go of LS, stands up, and creates two separate bubbles, one around CC and Lacuna, one around Jetski, LS and Gess-
    Fraggin' quit it!
    凸(`△´+)

• Like x 3
  4. Nichrome of Iacon

Nichrome of Iacon Co-Captain, Decepticon Representative | 18+

What? I said I'd hold on.

5. Life Support of Iacon

Life Support of Iacon Co-Captain, Autobot Rep, CMO | 18+

-he uses his injured hand to pat Jetski gently on the helm-
    Shh, I'm free now.

6. Sawbones of Kaon

Sawbones of Kaon Medicat, NS

So ya did. But Sweetspark, yer nearly as big as me, an a bit heavy. -flops dramatically-

• Like x 2
  7. Congessi

Congessi problem child

Thank you!

[She flops onto Jetski and LS, maybe sparking a little herself. Shh. That blue is clearly someone else's.]

8. Nichrome of Iacon

Nichrome of Iacon Co-Captain, Decepticon Representative | 18+

:c
    -imagines herself smaller and lighter-
    -continues clinging-

9. -moves sufficiently to include Gess in his clinging and otherwise declines to let go or stop sparking-

• Like x 1
  10. Cloudcrusher of Kalis

Cloudcrusher of Kalis Bomb-Ass Therapist | 18+

[Cloudcrusher to Lacuna]: Hard t' tell against th' paint, but if y'are, it ain't much. We c'n get Sawbones t' look at if, if y'want.

-he sighs as everything goes quiet around them-
    [Cloudcrusher to Lacuna]: ...or not, I guess. Still, think you're all right.
    -he holds her closer anyway-

• Like x 1
  11. Lacuna of Devisiun

-She sulks and cuddles in.-

[Lacuna to Cloudcrusher]: Are you mad at me?

12. Cloudcrusher of Kalis

Cloudcrusher of Kalis Bomb-Ass Therapist | 18+

[Cloudcrusher to Lacuna]: Nah, jus'... had a long day. Was nice, almost, havin' somebody stick up fer me. Two, with you an' Triage.

• Like x 2
  13. the author speaks

the author speaks [WT/18+] Mage of Space Stanford F. Pines, PhD

Ford sighs and looks up at Life Support. "What I was going to say is that you and I have a thing in common, which is that we both know we don't always make the best decisions. There are things that we are very good at, but...we both know that fucking up is a thing we do sometimes. All of these people who care about you told you that they didn't want you to do the thing that you did. When almost everyone who cares about you tells you that your idea is bad, it's not a sign that you're right and the rest of them are all wrong. Not when it comes to people stuff, Life Support. That's why it's an actual rule of my household that my wife can override me if she thinks I'm being an aft, or that my brain's messed up again."

He sighs. "Listen to people, okay? That's my advice, right there. When everyone is saying the same thing, don't come up with a different counterargument for each of them, because even if Triage did it and it turned out okay, and Stanford's a squishie and doesn't know how the chips really work, and so on...chances are good that when everyone who actually cares is saying the same thing, your perspective is totally fucked. Don't argue. Don't do it anyway and hide it from them. That'll just make everything worse. You may be objectively smarter and better informed than each individual in a group, but when they're all telling you the same thing, it's probably not a conspiracy, it's probably just the truth. And if you're not sure something is a good idea, talk to the people who care for you and listen to what they have to say."

He frowns. "I don't even want to think about how much trouble I could have averted if I'd actually brought my wife with me when I decided to go back into the fray after being summoned home. Or if I'd listened to my brother and told him a few things that I ought to have understood someone who could reverse-engineer my work should be able to understand."

• Like x 3
  14. Life Support of Iacon

I appreciate it. I've always known my judgment was compromised, but unfortunately, turning off my emotions - physiologically making myself unable to feel them - made me convinced of my own reasoning ability. Unfortunately, in my own home dimension, I am still in that situation, and I can't affect that. Yet. It will start to wear off in about a week, and hopefully the emotional breakthrough will be strong enough to incapacitate me.

Thank you for your advice. I wish I - the me that is currently being awful to people - could take it back with me.

• Like x 2
  15. -lifts his face away from @Life Support of Iacon with a determined expression-
    I don't care how stupid you are or aren't. I'm going to marry you one day.

• Like x 6
  16. Life Support of Iacon

-he chokes, optics very wide-
    I- you- I mean - are you sure? I'd love to - I love you - but
    -he trails off, obviously shocked-

• Like x 3
  17. the author speaks

the author speaks [WT/18+] Mage of Space Stanford F. Pines, PhD

Ford smiles. "This is a dream. Sometimes you remember your dreams. Maybe not consciously, but on some level. I think you'll do fine, and afterwards you'll do better. And...that's what happens when you turn your emotions off. Emotions are actually a very important part of sapient reasoning, even if they're not part of the scientific method and they don't follow the rules of formal logic. You want to turn them off because they hurt, but the pain is a message that you should be paying attention to."

He glances at Jetski and grins. "On some level, you're already married. You know that, right? Sev would never say 'marry' but you sounded an awful lot like him just then. Valiska just told me I belonged to her, which was exactly what I needed to hear back then."

• Like x 4
  18. Congessi

Congessi problem child

More literally speaking, Jet is married already =P Not conjunx-bonded, but bonded!

[She is 100% taking advantage of her mask to hide her smile, and projected text betrays no tone. Her hands find LS's and Jetski's, though, gently tugging them towards each other.]

• Like x 2
  19. -can robots blush? Jetski is blushing. But he still looks determined-
    Absolutely. Definitely.

-blushes even harder- I just- love him a lot!

-smiles at her, squeezing her hand-

• Like x 3
  20. Lacuna of Devisiun

-She vented out.-

I was just so mad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice