shitposting rave 3: Dawn of the third rave

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by the fourth wall, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Anhelia Aescar

Anhelia Aescar Life after death is harder than it looks

It tends to be evolutionarily disadvantageous to attempt to eat the prevalent weapons-carrying species in your area.

• Like x 4
  2. Shelobah

Shelobah Along Came A Spider

So elves and humans are people? Okay. Is her prey normally smaller, then?

[More stroking and poking of the snake! How does she react if touched here? Do her belly scales feel different from those on her sides? How does her tongue work-- oops, booping the snoot with cold metal fingers might not have been the best idea!]

D:

3. Dorian Pavus

Dorian Pavus Sparkler | 18+

Yes, so are Dwarves and Qunari and she doesn't eat either of those. Yes, her prey is generally only a bit bigger than, or the size of, the widest part of her body so she doesn't hurt herself. The way she eats means she can get very sick if food stays inside of her for too long--

*He pauses as the snake bites the finger, opens her mouth, bites again, pulls back and resets her jaw making the most frustrated snake-face ever. Of course he has to laugh.*

I apologize, I use a metal hook to get her food to her sometimes. She must have mistook your finger.

• Like x 2
  4. Shelobah

It's okay! Just surprising! She's so tiny I don't think she could eat me without taking me apart but!!

[She flexes her hand, satisfied when nothing important feels like it got poked.]

...is she okay? Her fangs don't look like they're built to deal with metal! 'The way she eats,' how does she eat, are her internals all squiggeldy so she can't purge if she needs to?

5. Dorian Pavus

She should be fine, if she lost any teeth they'll grow back. Now, for how she eats. Hm! *Delicately he pets the snake's head, with the snake going back to The Great Exploration Of Arm Branch*

Generally I feed her things already killed, because I don't want her fighting anything that might hurt her. Say, a nug for example. I will generally use a bit of magic to quickly kill it but keep it warm, since those little holes along her upper lip let her see warm things. I figured that out on my own, she prefers her prey to be warm. Afterward I will hang it by a hook or metal rod and sort of... Make it seem alive? When she sees it, if she's hungry, Anguis will strike. First she will constrict it with her body, trying to kill it even though it's dead, and then she will swallow it whole. I've seen others with snakes have them die from feeding too large of prey, it seems that if they cannot digest it before it rots they'll die.

Though, she can purge her food if she gets too stressed but she doesn't tend to do that.

6. Shelobah

Oh, so it can curdle even once it's in her? That... I mean that's kinda weird I guess but I don't know a lot about how organics work! That's a cool hunting mechanism though, the heat-sensing thing, I wonder if I could do that? [She is once again starry-eyed with possibilities, though she leaves the snake to her exploring.] The bits on her mouth are the sensors, you said? Huh. I don't think snakes on my planet have those! Or at least not the ones around us. Does water bother her at all, or interfere with the heat-sensing?

7. Dorian Pavus

I haven't determined if it stops her from using those sensors, but I do know that if she bites putting her head underwater is the best way to get her off. That is, if you are fleshy like myself. I do know that her kind doesn't do too well in cold areas, but I don't know if you could do the heat sensing... I suppose magic could do it, but I don't know how your people quite work.

8. Shelobah

I can rearrange myself, if I figure out how her heat-sensing works I can build my own! C: The easiest way would be taking the sensors apart but I don't think organics are quite so easy to rebuild as mechs... Also she's so tiny!

Are you two the sort of organic that needs air? 'Cause it looks like she's got intakes near the heat sensors too, and I'd think ventilation impulses take priority over mistaken feeding strikes? So that might be why she lets go!

9. Dorian Pavus

Ah, no organics do not fit back together so nicely. We tend to, hm, die if we're pulled to pieces. She does need air though, and I think you're right. It forces her to chose between 'breathing' and 'eating this finger'. Thankfully she tends not to like how I taste, or something like that, and will let go quickly. I knew a man who lost his whole upper arm to his snake, couldn't get it to let go no matter what he did.

I feel like he might have not been feeding it right though...

10. Shelobah

Anyone dies if you take the right bits out! But not everyone needs their face intact!

...if he got careless enough to disregard a predator, he probably deserved to lose the arm though :T

11. Averagius Of The Rave

Averagius Of The Rave Literal Robot Angel | 18+

That probably hurt though. That probably hurt them both :c
    I hope the snake friend is alright!

• Like x 1
  12. Shelobah

If you get in a predator's way you get eaten, that's how the world works???? Like seriously if he only lost an arm he's pretty lucky.

13. Averagius Of The Rave

Averagius Of The Rave Literal Robot Angel | 18+

That's why I said mostly that I hope the snake is alright :ccc
    I don't... know how "predators" work really. I-
    I figured if you are just ice to everyon, everyone will like you back?

• Like x 1
  14. Itch

Itch VWIZARDS AND BOYS ARE STUPID

vwhats a nug.

• Like x 1
  15. Shelobah

Okay but to be nice to something it's gotta stop trying to eat you first that's kind of important, not being dead is The Most Important!! And lots of things eat metal!! D:

• Like x 1
  16. Cait

Cait Next person who asks to shag is getting a beating

Huh, I grew up with a different term. If you want to get to me, you got to get through my gun first.

• Like x 1
  17. Crossbreed Priscilla

Crossbreed Priscilla Lady of the Painted World

If thou want to get to me, thou must got to go through my "trials". *notices what she said* So that's why no one visits.

• Like x 2
  18. Itch

(sounds hot.)

19. Crossbreed Priscilla

Crossbreed Priscilla Lady of the Painted World

Thou are humorous. However, I can be very cold.

20. Itch

im pretty cold too, vwanna feel?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice