shitposting rave 3: Dawn of the third rave

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by the fourth wall, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Silverburst

Silverburst Dawnrider

I was unaware scientific categories were considered subjective.

• Like x 1
  2. Norm the Genie

Norm the Genie The All-Powerful Genie (Thief of Breath)|18+

3. calicosAssassin

calicosAssassin ex imperial orphaner

no, actually, my levwel of politeness has jack shit to do vwith the fact that sapience is subjectivwe.

4. Helios Lavellan

Helios Lavellan Former Inquisitor |18+

How would we be defining 'sapience', then? Because I can think of several definitions, depending on your religion.

• Like x 3
  5. Norm the Genie

I'd say that not believing all people are actually people is definitely an asshole thing.

6. Averagius Of The Rave

Averagius Of The Rave Literal Robot Angel | 18+

I'M NOT CRYING, YOU ARE CRYING
    -they are definitly saying this with a tear choked voice, clinging even harder-

7. calicosAssassin

so vwould you say a lusus is a person.

8. Norm the Genie

Yeah. Probably.

9. Nichrome of Iacon

Nichrome of Iacon Co-Captain, Decepticon Representative | 18+

Actually technically objectivity doesn't exist and all scientific categories are constructed from hegemonial knowledge and thus "subjective".
    But I was asked to stop doing this kind of thing by organics around here before.

• Like x 6
  10. calicosAssassin

shouldnt you be campaigning against me tvwice as hard, then? seeing as my entire career invwolvwed systematically killing them by the dozens?

• Like x 1
  11. Mindala Perenor

Mindala Perenor If you have to ask, you probably can't afford me.

Captain Nichrome, who objected to your taking things apart so? I find it refreshing.

• Like x 1
  12. Burlesque

Burlesque Formerly Known As Hot Stuff |18+

Objectively speaking you're subjectively terrible.

• Like x 3
  13. Dorian Pavus

Dorian Pavus Sparkler | 18+

Why would anyone wish for you to stop doing that kind of thing?

14. Norm the Genie

Campaigning against you? What?

This isn't an election and I don't think there's much I can do about you - or that - here, you know...
    Listening to it for too long tends to make people's brains go sideways. Metaphorically.

• Like x 1
  15. Silverburst

Silverburst Dawnrider

The boundary between sapient and nonsapient is generally confusing, yes. Being telepathically connected to my crewmate, I am certain that the creatures she referred to are what we personally would call "nonsapient".

The most useful definition on our planet is something along the lines of "displays capability of long-term planning." A lizard might follow its prey back to the burrow in search of additional young to feed on, but can hardly be said to plan for the coming seasons.

I don't know enough about lusii to say.

Florovegetal, animal, and fungal cells all have distinct features. Does it not follow to categorize beings by which of the three makes up their structure? An animal is not a plant, and neither of them is a virus.

• Like x 1
  16. calicosAssassin

then vwhat vwould you call taking evwery opportunity you havwe to call me a prick.

17. calicosAssassin

you do realize that claims anyone impulsivwe isnt sapient, right.

18. Dorian Pavus

Dorian Pavus Sparkler | 18+

Oh no, pendantics are not that bad. After all, it could be worse, I could be listening to the Magesterium prattle on for hours and hours about laws and opinions on if the lower class are really people.

• Like x 3
  19. Lillian S----

Lillian S---- Disgraced Southern Belle | 18+

There's a difference between being incapable of doing something and not being inclined to do so.

• Like x 2
  20. Norm the Genie

I'd call it, "you being a prick, and me acknowledging that loudly 'cause why the hell not?"
    *sigh* I think Cronus is trying to give us that Magesterium experience right now. "Sapience is subjective." *snorts* I know him and I know what that means and it isn't good.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice