shitposting rave 3: Dawn of the third rave

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by the fourth wall, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Averagius Of The Rave

Averagius Of The Rave Literal Robot Angel | 18+

I guess... I'm just worried that because I'm really new and don't kow many things from experience I just... what if I'm not good enough?
    I said no risk, not no effort though :x
    Things don't just take effort if you are at risk of getting hurt.

• Like x 2
  2. Silverburst

Silverburst Dawnrider

And this is why your mentor-- whoever they may turn out to be-- should stay with you until you're comfortable working alone. (It is also why most medics-in-training start out working on corpses rather than living patients, in my experience. Hard to make things worse for someone who's already dead.)

...you don't have to be perfect, brightspark, or even anywhere close to it. Anyone who expects miracles from someone who's only just started learning has forgotten their own early training. It's okay to not be skilled enough or experienced enough to help.

3. Averagius Of The Rave

that sounds... Doable!!! Thank you!
    Can I hug you?

4. Silverburst

Silverburst Dawnrider

[They appear honestly startled by the question, but quickly cover that with a smile, wings and arms spreading out.]

If you would like to, of course.

5. Valiska Pines

Valiska Pines [WT/18+] Witch of Blood Queen Courinna

"True enough," Valiska says, laughing.

"And yes, Bit. I am a sapient carnivorous animal. If I did not live in a civilisation, I would hunt non-sapient animals when I needed to eat. Sometimes I do that anyway for recreation, but I bring them home and cut them up for Sigrid and Alexei to cook for the rest of my family. But usually I don't have time for that, which is why Sigrid and Alexei order groceries weekly; plus, there are omnivores in my family, and I am a decadent who sometimes eats plants just for fun."
    "Discernment and honesty. My internalised sexism initially led me to think Itch was a better person than the rest of you, but I probably needed that object lesson."
    "Kits don't even have the ability to open their eyes or regulate their body temperature when they are born, and require skin to skin contact most of the time for the first few weeks, but they display their sapience by learning to recognise scents and sources of warmth, comfort and food within minutes of birth and the more their senses sharpen, the more they learn. I am confident that the jades recognise intelligence and variations in talent among grubs. They have to make culling decisions somehow." She grimaces. "This is why we don't eat young things; the difference between sapient learning and non-sapient learning doesn't become apparent to people who don't study or care for juveniles until they can communicate or make coherent plans, and sapience is present before those abilities can be observed."

• Like x 3
  6. Averagius Of The Rave

-Ave hugs Silver, carefully. Ave will hug everyone. Everyone.-

7. Apostasia of Tetrahex

Apostasia of Tetrahex бабушка утконос [18+]

Still. No risk, no fun. No scars, no stories.

(Apostasia chuckles, having remembered a fond memory) Seriously, the funniest things are those when you are knee deep in incriminating evidence and realize you haven't heard from your lookout in quarter an hour, and somehow have to manage to stow a room full of distilleries and guts before the cops bust in.

• Like x 2
  8. the author speaks

the author speaks [WT/18+] Mage of Space Stanford F. Pines, PhD

"By changing the facts, Norm. On Pennarion, it used to be true that if you accidentally gave your girlfriend candy that turned out to contain a chemical that put her in the hospital, you paid the bill in installments with interest, and ate bread and broth for weeks so she could have meat and heal and tried not to think about what you'd have to do if her mother weren't your landlord." Ford sighs. "So we changed that truth when Tainell took over."

9. the author speaks

the author speaks [WT/18+] Mage of Space Stanford F. Pines, PhD

"I will never cease to be amazed that Beth survived to make you a grandfather." Ford groans.

10. Itch

Itch VWIZARDS AND BOYS ARE STUPID

vwhy the FUCK is evweryone calling me itch. vwhat the hell kind of name evwen IS itch. definitely aint mine!

11. Silverburst

Silverburst Dawnrider

[Gentle hug for Ave! And Bit, who is still wrapped around her friend like some sort of constrictor.]

12. Shelobah

Shelobah Along Came A Spider

Okay! I was still totally talking about the predators on my home planet though not yo-- errr Valiska's! I don't think I've ever been on Valiska's planet!

...I don't think there are sapient predators on my planet? Unless taking dead people apart coun--

...huh. Does it count as being predators if we kill someone for entirely unrelated reasons and then eat them 'cause why waste good material? [Bit stretches out a little so she has a recognizable face again, looking back and forth between Silverburst and Valiska.]

• Like x 1
  13. Averagius Of The Rave

>:C that's probably illegal for a reason.

• Like x 2
  14. Averagius Of The Rave

-yes good hugs. Hugs are perfect.-
    -... this is a leeeeeeettle worrying though.-
    Uh...

• Like x 3
  15. Shelobah

Shelobah Along Came A Spider

Uh?

[What could possibly be worrying about cannibalism and murder? Why is friend making sad noises again?]

• Like x 3
  16. Apostasia of Tetrahex

(Apostasia breaks out in helpless giggles)
    Oh, Averagius, about half of my whole existence was illegal. I wasn't going to let that stop me.

• Like x 2
  17. Averagius Of The Rave

but they started it right? You did-didn't just hurt someone for no reason, right? D:
    B-but...! You are doing mean things!

• Like x 1
  18. Apostasia of Tetrahex

(Apostasia continues giggling)
    No, I was doing things the government didn't want me to because it was, quote unquote "Above my status."
    Like going to academy, or making booze. I had to get the shanix to bribe people to overlook me at academy from somewhere, yknow?
    (Apostasia is quite amused at the moment)

• Like x 1
  19. Averagius Of The Rave

o-oh. So the other guys were being mean first?

• Like x 1
  20. Jamethiel Knorth

Jamethiel Knorth Jamethiel Priests'-bane, Lordan of Knorth

"I didn't realize I was among professional criminals!" Jame says, laughing. "Whatever will it do to my honor?" She laughs more.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice