shitposting rave 3: Dawn of the third rave

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by the fourth wall, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Cronus J. Ampora

Cronus J. Ampora higher education is for nerds

its fucking someone whos related to you so you have a bunch of braindead babies. and THOSE braindead babies fuck each other, and have more braindead babies, and thats where we get college professors.

• Like x 2
  2. Marcus Hampton

Marcus Hampton Not Actually A Superhero |18+

Jesus, what kind of college did you go to?

• Like x 3
  3. COLLEG

COLLEG GIVE ME YOUR MONEY!|18+

I AM OFFENDED!

4. Congessi

Congessi problem child

...what does interface have to do with population increase? And what's a professor?

• Like x 1
  5. Kite from the library

Kite from the library Library room excavator [18+]

A legend from your homeworld, I'd say.

6. Reluctant Landl9rd

Reluctant Landl9rd petition to get cronus ampora off my couch 2k16

He attended a perfectly reputable institution. However, his lack of work ethic (or, really, any work at all) caused his grades to dip below the accepted cutoff for continued attendance. Cronus has elected to take this frustration at his failure out on the entire concept of university altogether.

• Like x 2
  7. Cronus J. Ampora

a horrible, awful one. dont listen to sweater goblin.
    *Wink and click-click.*
    i dont know, it just does. professors are waste of spaces pretending to be teachers.
    (GO AWAY.)

• Like x 2
  8. Congessi

Congessi problem child

Fair! Given time to compile, will certainly share.

I'm not paying for an incomplete answer.

• Like x 1
  9. Marcus Hampton

A professor is a uh, teacher but like one with qualifications? You get your degree from college, and most professors have those, so it's a way of uh, verifying that you know your shit.
    Oh. That explains so much.
    You know community college is a thing right? You could uh, go back and start there instead.

• Like x 2
  10. Cronus J. Ampora

waste of money.

11. Marcus Hampton

I mean, if you're that determined to fail, uh, more power to you?

• Like x 1
  12. Congessi

Congessi problem child

?? If someone doesn't know what they're doing why would they be teaching?? And what skill can't be physically proven?? Degree???

• Like x 1
  13. Kite from the library

Kite from the library Library room excavator [18+]

Deal, then.
    (Kite smiles)
    So, organic reproduction works via combination of genetic material of usually two parental units. This combination results in offspring that is genetically similar to that of the parental units. Due to details of the process, offspring of the same parental units are similar, but not identical.
    "Incest" refers to sexual relationships and combinations of people who are genetically close. How close a relationship needs to be to be considered incestuous varies, but direct line of descent counts in all cases. Branches two generations removed are a common cut-off.
    Sufficient for understanding?

• Like x 1
  14. Cronus J. Ampora

see, im not failing. im SUCCEEDING in a unique way.

• Like x 1
  15. Marcus Hampton

I dunno. They might be teaching without knowing anything 'cause they want other people to not know things too, or they think it's an easy job, or they don't agree with what's being taught so they wanna teach their own stuff without uh, being honest about it. Or maybe they're doing it 'cause they heard professors make good money, or they're doing it because they like little kids and wanna teach them without having to think about all the, um, "boring" things like math and language and, y'know, learning.

And stuff like... law I guess, or business stuff. Medical stuff too. Uh, you can prove those, but having to prove it to four hundred people individually every four months would be a uh, huge time waster. It's easier to prove it to someone that's considered trustworthy, and then have them give you a sheet of paper that says you really can do it. Which is what a degree is, it's a sheet of paper, but it's also, uh, proof that you can do the things you say you can in a certain field of study.

• Like x 2
  16. Congessi

Congessi problem child

Yes, thanks.

Hmm, which to tell... give me a moment, please?

17. Marcus Hampton

*He looks pretty unimpressed.*

Sure, keep telling yourself that. If it works out for you, whatever.

• Like x 1
  18. aurumIlluminatrix

aurumIlluminatrix Achromat Nichrome/Ophira Reesch, ThiefOfDoom | 18+

*Chroma hasn't heard dipper, still wearing sunglasses, headphones and playing tetris. Level 30 here she comes n00bs.*
    *Besides she's seen much worse than someone willingly ingest piss. Not her kink but if that's Itch's thing and she doesn't have to be involved she won't comment.*

• Like x 2
  19. Congessi

Congessi problem child

Alright, intentional misinformation can have purpose, and mentoring is generally safer than other roles...
    ?????
    That scheme won't work for long unless there are many disconnected places to teach, known liars quickly become untrustworthy and who would pay for false information?
    Yes but anyone raising a sparkling has to mentor anyway?? Specialization might require outgroup mentorship but at that point one should be looking for trusted sources anyways??

Who mentors four hundred at once????? [She appears honestly shocked at this.]

And papers can be forged anyway that's a stupid method of verification.

• Like x 1
  20. Itch

Itch VWIZARDS AND BOYS ARE STUPID

*Pained groan.*

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice