shitposting rave 3: Dawn of the third rave

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by the fourth wall, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Isn't your species the one with auspiciticism? Consider this a one-night conciliatory stand. A four-leaf clover, even.

• Like x 2
  2. Lacuna of Devisiun

Lacuna of Devisiun the quiet one (18+)

Because what you said was fucking stupid. People CAN own other people. They can own other people and kill those people if they try to leave or talk back or don't lower their eyes fast enough. Is it messed up? Yes. But it's much more of a concrete reality than the fact that everyone is inherently free, even though they should inherently be free.

If you're saying that people can't own other people's minds, you're wrong about that, too. There are procedures that can be done to alter someone's memories, sense of self, and personality traits, completely and utterly.
    Yeah, see, this is bullshit. This is saying someone is free as long as they can think for themselves. But sometimes people fucking can't, and it doesn't make them less people. I was never a slave, but...

...I guess I kind of was. But I asked for it.

• Like x 2
  3. Slick

Slick edge edge and edgy.

thats perfectly reasonable and not petty at all, you piece of shit. i aint sayin the p vword.

• Like x 2
  4. Slick

youre vwile.

5. Kite from the library

Kite from the library Library room excavator [18+]

Then you won't get what you want. Simple as that.

• Like x 1
  6. Slick

i dont get your logic, you fucking vwierdo. if my "guardian" vwasnt restraining me right nowv, id bash your fucking skull in.

7. ...Maybe for him. Maybe for slaves in whatever universe you're from. But for us-- for Cybertronians definitely, Adaptus only knows what the colonies came up with-- not even our minds were safe. Say the wrong thing, make the wrong expression, have a rumor go 'round that you maybe might not be perfectly happy to obey... off to the Institute to have your processor reformatted, memories wiped, personality altered. There's a reason the rebellion started with people too unimportant and short-lived to be worth the surgery.

Look, I just want the other alien to stop harassing your friend, and you starting another fight seriously isn't helping her case.

• Like x 3
  8. [Lightbulb.]

...Kite. Please leave these three trolls be, at least for tonight. [They gesture at Scratch, Slick, and Itch's Baby Jail.]

• Like x 2
  9. Norm the Genie

Norm the Genie The All-Powerful Genie (Thief of Breath)|18+

Well, yeah, I wasn't one on the inside. But that wasn't what you originally said. What you originally said was more like, "slaves don't exist."

And being free on the inside didn't make being enslaved on the outside any better, you know... Didn't mean that I wasn't owned at all. Didn't mean no one was coercing me. It just meant I was able to resent it and yeah, rebel a bit.

And slavery just kept on being real. Bad and wrong and real. Despite all my little rebellions, despite what was inside of me... it still existed. And that was a big deal. A big big deal. *sighs* Honestly, it's still one now...

• Like x 2
  10. Kite from the library

The logic is quite simple. We all, however temporarily, inhabit this space. As such, there is a bit of respect and accomodation required from everyone, such as not wantonly harassing and attacking others, which is something your group has done.
    As it is, the social lubricant of saying the words is sufficient. Pretension. As you are now, you do not meet the bare minimum.

• Like x 2
  11. Lacuna of Devisiun

Yeah, this is also what I'm upset about. I asked for what happened to me, but plenty of people didn't. It's bad enough being in a situation where the only choices you have are bad ones. People being condescending about it while trying to help... ugh.

• Like x 2
  12. Kite from the library

(Kite hmphs. It wanted this from the trolls.)
    Very well, although I want to note that this will most likely teach them that they can get away with shit like this if they throw their tantrums just long enough.
    But I gave my word, and I shall keep to it.

((Mun note: thanks tbh, I need to sleep, it's 4 am))

• Like x 3
  13. [Solidarity fistbump offered.] Just 'cause it's over doesn't mean it's over, yeah?

• Like x 2
  14. Norm the Genie

Norm the Genie The All-Powerful Genie (Thief of Breath)|18+

*sighs* Yeah. And I'm surprised she's talking about it like this. She doesn't usually, I think...
    *fistbumps* Yeah.

15. Valiska Pines

Valiska Pines [WT/18+] Witch of Blood Queen Courinna

"I'm not denying that people can be forced into service, but it's illegitimate regardless of the letter of the law or the mechanism in force." Valiska looks tiredly at Eclipse. "It's wrong, and if you have to program or overpower someone to get them to do something then you haven't really made them want to do it, you've only made them think that they want to do it by force." She sighs. "My first real job, other than bussing tables at my mother's, was as a cursebreaker. It was my job to help people find the part of them that was still free, no matter how small it was or how heavily overwritten. And take back the rest from that one piece of hallowed ground."

• Like x 1
  16. I'll take them being little slugs over them being traumatized little slugs. Thanks.

((Go do a sleep :P I should too probably but pbbbbbt))

• Like x 1
  17. Lacuna of Devisiun

Hey, I ditched my shitty exploitative friends and went to space. Fuck THEM! Haha!

-She makes a rude gesture at the sky.-

• Like x 3
  18. Itch

Itch VWIZARDS AND BOYS ARE STUPID

*She appreciates this and strings her clothes up around it like flags.*

*Welcome to Itch Castle.*

• Like x 2
  19. Lacuna of Devisiun

...okay, so, I think our problem here is what you mean about illegitimacy. Because I thought you meant that in the terms of like, existing. And it does! But you're meaning it to say 'even if society backs this up and someone cannot get away from their shitty situation they don't deserve to be in that situation'. Right? Like, morally legitimate?

• Like x 1
  20. Teal Grub

Teal Grub not actually a grub anymore

*They back into the corner of the playpen, holding the pillow up as a barrier between them and Bianca.*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice