shitposting rave 3: Dawn of the third rave

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by the fourth wall, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Curie

Curie Robotic French scientist

No offense, but that seems like a very idiotic idea. It must be awful for the people on the lower levels.

• Like x 1
  2. eyefishSoup

eyefishSoup Oneira Eluvei, Knight of Hope [18+]

The official reasoning is that they obviously have their other abilities, and that they don't live long enough to be feasible in higher positions.
    The real reason is that after the Summoner's rebellion, the Empress is even more afraid of the masses uniting against her, so she mandates even harsher caste divides.
    Me 'n my clade got lucky and bailed across universe borders.

• Like x 2
  3. Curie

Abilities? What kind of abilities do you mean?

4. eyefishSoup

Your garden varieties of psionics, usually. Telekinesis, telepathy, animal communion, resistance to sunlight, that kinda stuff. What you can get depends on your caste as well.

5. Curie

That's very interesting. What do you have?

6. The Behemoth Crew

The Behemoth Crew Assorted NPCs 18+

Boyd: -USE coffee ON Static- I'll give you five to come out of your I'm-just-hardware fit. If you aren't better by then I'm calling Micah.

7. OP 13

OP 13 WHY AM I MADE OF MEAT? 18+

You're mean. -both readouts vanish-

8. Scanner

Scanner Hears Your Secrets | 18+

I'm gonna be honest, if you can do that and it tookyou this long to figure it out your ex-bosses are fragging useless pieces of scrap that should take some lessons on "how to abuse their favorite tools properly."

• Like x 3
  9. eyefishSoup

None. I just make coffee and crossbows. Narrowly missed the cutoff to sun resistance, but not the cutoff to sun aversion.
    (Oneira pulls back the hair covering her right cheek. That part of her face is covered in dark greengrey, gnarled burnscars.)

10. Onyx Prime

Onyx Prime The passage of time is highly problematic

Not all abilities manifest at construction even for us, and the little technopath is an entirely different species.

11. Curie

I wouldn't say you have none. Anybody who can make crossbows have a talent.
    *Notices the cheek*
    Is there something wrong with your sun?

12. The Behemoth Crew

Stalker: We don't usually run into living machines. I heard Lonan did, once- there's a whole species call themselves machine-people, just like us but made of metal- but they keep to the Anvil Galaxies and we've never been to space. The skelebots and shit we're more likely to run into aren't sapient.

13. eyefishSoup

The crossbows are a skill I learned and trained. Ain't innate.
    Our sun is huge and burns, this here was from less than half an hour of exposure. There's a reason we're naturally nocturnal.

Not that that matters much up where I lived, we basically had half a sweep of day and half a sweep of night.

14. Curie

*writes down some notes*
    I could hardly imagine what an hour would look like.

15. eyefishSoup

I can. Ugly. (Oneira grins wrily.)
    ... I think I read somewhere that near the poles and equator it's worse, and it's less scarring in the more temperate areas, although it can still blind pretty damn quickly.

I take it yours is more gentle.

16. Scanner

-He makes a rude gesture. Respect, what respect? He ain't got respect for no prime-
    I'm definitely gonna believe that without any kind of proof whatsoever yup.

17. Curie

By your standards, yes, it is more gentile. You can still go blind looking at it and it isn't as hot. You can get burns if your not careful, or from the occasional radiation storm.

18. Onyx Prime

Onyx Prime The passage of time is highly problematic

[Of all the Primes to flip off, at least Scanner's picked one that won't get offended by it. Onyx rolls her eyes.]

Mindless machines do exist, you know, warranted suspicion or no.

19. The Behemoth Crew

Stalker: -SHRUG- If sapient robots were a common thing they wouldn't have kept Glitchbomb locked away running the facility. Lone Star's policy has always been "throw the freaks at the other freaky shit." They dusted 'em off when they found out Mindwerks had an agent in the Coalition, but that was a cyborg. Kind of. Mostly. At this point I doubt they counted as human anymore.

Angel: -puts down one of her latest creations. It's pretty much a roomba, only clunkier, made for cleaning up her workshop and assembled from post-apocalyptic parts (some of which are duct-taped on). It whirs off with a jaunty chime... and promptly gets stuck trying to navigate around @Scanner's foot-

• Like x 2
  20. Scanner

Shhhhshhhhsh be careful you'll pull something if you reach that hard to make me look like an idiot. You don't gotta everyone already knows I'm stupid.
    Number one I didn't say that anyone had to be aware of the fact that they are sapient for them to be, that's what you said. You expect me to give you guys too much credit. And two...
    -He picks the roomba up. His now. You can't have it back.-

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice