Shitposting Rave OOC

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by swirlingflight, Aug 19, 2016.

1. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

It's that whole thing about putting things in people's reproductive/sexual organs that they don't want in there also being rape. Especially a fetus which normally appears in people's sexual/reproductive organs as the result of sexual activity.

2. i dunno if it counts as rape, per say, but it was def a bit of a punch in the gut to find in a shitpost rave. 8(

• Like x 3
  3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

but in this case, the fetus appeared 'cause of a completely non-sexual drink and sex was not involved at all in the motivation for it.
    that i get. my issue is about categories. i do not fault anyone for being squicked by it.

• Like x 1
  4. cleverThylacine

I understand that your issue is about categories. I just really strongly disagree with you.

You're never going to convince me that putting something into someone's reproductive organs without their consent is not rape, regardless of whether your dick or a drink was the method of introduction.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    • Like x 3
  5. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Yes that.

• Like x 3
  6. unknownanonymous

thanks for clarifying that! :D

• Like x 1
  7. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

has the whole mpreg drink episode thing been spoilered retroactively already btw? on reading people's opinions i feel like that may be something that should be done? I can go back and do that now if people would prefer that

• Like x 3
  8. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

that's a good idea, i support and encourage it. didn't think to specify sexual intent vs sex-related content, and that'll need some thinking.

at the very least, people expressed significant discomfort and it'd be a kindness to make it avoidable.

• Like x 1
  9. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

the mpreg certainly took a turn that i wasn't expecting it to. i thought it was going to happen accidentally as a result of norm's unfortunate wording and rave magic, not with norm's intentions being changed retroactively for this to occur.

surprise mpreg is a lot funnier when it occurs as an accident like the april fools incident, not as much as when it's intentional

and it caught me off guard enough that i didn't really engage with it all that much outside of genie after i realized this was the direction it was going in, since genie's existence is equally conceptually fucked up

• Like x 4
  10. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Onyx's sole interaction that wasn't childcare or Science Ramble has been hidden, if any of the Science Rambling bothers people that can be spoiler'd too. For better or worse work and sleep have kept me from interacting too much at once with the whole 'storyline', so I don't think I've missed any other potentially-bothering posts?

• Like x 1
  11. IvyLB

I think I have gotten most of the posts from scanner
    The only stuff I kept unspoilered were some of the icnreasingly ridiculous posts from the "this is a twenty" "no it's not" debate

• Like x 2
  12. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

i spoilered everything that referred to him specifically carrying the kid

most of the name debate is left unspoilered tho

• Like x 1
  13. unknownanonymous

which posts should i spoiler?

14. cleverThylacine

@swirlingflight = on an unrelated note, it is my impression that 'godmoding' doesn't mean giving your characters unlimited power, it means controlling characters who do not belong to you without their players' consent, so you might want to reword that part of the rule. That's how it's been used in most RPs I've been in.

• Like x 3
  15. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

i think you might be misreading 'godmoding' as 'godmodding'?

• Like x 1
  16. cleverThylacine

Yeah, I actually told UA that's what my first impression was. I didn't really start to be super freaked out until I got the impression that Norm had intended it to happen.

I mean I get that people can be OOC in the Rave but people usually aren't, and Norm and Ford have spent so much time being Survivor Buddies.

• Like x 2
  17. cleverThylacine

That's possible, I didn't know they were different words.

• Like x 2
  18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Do i need anything spoilered? I cant remember what my posts were that early, and i think i was mostly trying to stay out of it other than cooing over the topic of babies in general

19. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I don't recall Botbot being involved in anything beyond Crabtopia, no

• Like x 3
  20. IvyLB

iirc the whole thing started on page 35 so you could theoretically check :P

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice