Shitposting Rave OOC

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by swirlingflight, Aug 19, 2016.

1. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

dibs dont apply to canon characters really (technically they dont apply to ocs either but youre going to get a lot of fuss if you try and nab someones oc w/o permission)

• Like x 4
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

dib-calling is not a thing for canon characters in the shitposting rave. ocs are by default called dibs on by the kintsugijin that created them, but canon characters are free to be played by whoever wants to play them, even if that means there will be an abundance of a particular one.

• Like x 2
  3. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

there are dozens of cronuses between at least four different people. i think you're fine

• Like x 3
  4. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

and sure, bring in Lucio!

• Like x 1
  5. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Ironically, in IDW Transformers-- the continuity we're playing with for the RP Whisperwind is from-- a certain human military group did, in fact, start manufacturing giant transforming mecha when they got their hands on a Cybertronian to vivisect study.

• Like x 3
  6. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I think the main reason there's not many duplicates is that it can be a bit nerve-wracking to play a character that someone else is playing. Easy to get into an anxiety of spiral of "but I think theirs is so much better than mine argh."

The times I've been on and in the mood to play as Flowey at the same time as the other Flowey were great, we'd either tagteam people or snipe at each other, or both.

• Like x 4
  7. blue

blue hightown funk you up

life hack: play your own duplicates /shot

• Like x 4
  8. furrylatula

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 11.19.45 AM.png
    great life hack indeed

• Like x 9
  9. swirlingflight

given the success of subaccounts like @totally not FL who is totally not a duplicate of a person and @damocles Rumination who is totally not a trollsona, yes.

• Like x 2
  10. swirlingflight

how did i just notice that the gemCronus has FL and CA in the specific designation, A+

• Like x 4
  11. unknownanonymous

that and "omfg what if we run out of possible usernames?"

• Like x 1
  12. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

there will never be that many toris

never

• Like x 1
  13. blue

blue hightown funk you up

and here i was just making a dumb clone joke!

(The good doctor Leda Glass will, to my sadness, probably remain Ms Not Appearing In This Rave because I'm technically not in charge of her and don't feel up to the task of writing her, but she's practically present anyway by her effects on the various Reeds.)

Also, on the topic of duplicates, there was definitely a Stabby before I made mine, and yet. :P

• Like x 2
  14. swirlingflight

but in the exciting lands before that, we run out of sensible usernames, and do stuff like enter the horseracing names shitposting jamboree, or do our best with l337ing duplicates

should i screenshot this for posterity and bringing up if there ever are?

• Like x 3
  15. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

i think it helps that we have different interpretations of flowey!

• Like x 1
  16. furrylatula

• Like x 3
  17. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Yes.

• Like x 3
  18. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Also, Whisperwind has absolutely taken "Mother Russia" as a whole place-name since he has no idea what naming conventions on Earth are and Cybertronians tend to use their full place-of-creation in a formal introduction (Venture of Upper/Lower/who even remembers which Petrohex, Rung of the Pious Pools, Dominus Ambus of Ambustus Minor, etc etc). Good job, Zarya :p

• Like x 4
  19. swirlingflight

Yeah, they're not so similar that it's easy to see what's a matter of different assumptions about background and pov, and what's the characterization itself. Cuts down on the urge to compare for quality, and instead to go "ooh, I wonder what you're focusing on that that's how you're playing on him? Neat!"

• Like x 2
  20. unknownanonymous

i'm a bit of a perfectionist about character subaccount usernames, heh. like, my pattern for them involves being as straightforward as theoretically possible, and if i can't be that straightforward, i usually go for something that's almost as straightforward as theoretically possible. i think i took a long while over @Pearl (the Crystal Gem), @Leonard L Church (RvB) and @Nessus' usernames, and they are all as straightforward as theoretically possible, i think.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice