Shitposting Rave OOC

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by swirlingflight, Aug 19, 2016.

1. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I'm not, uh, one HUNDRED percent sure bc I came up with a lot of this on the fly for a tabletop backstory, lol. But theoretically the functional human cloning was an end in itself! Reed grew up at a normal human rate and existed way before Leda's eye problems. I... think.

Leda is, I think, cool with this because she fundamentally sees Reed as an extension of herself that should be under her control.

2. Petra

Petra space case

Aaaah, so basically Leda is just a very very bad mom.

3. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I'm pretty sure that Angela does refer to herself in the third person in canon. If she somehow doesn't, I damn well know she does it anyway.

• Like x 1
  4. blue

That's .. uh, my fanon, anyway. :P

(Context: Leda and Reed's whole backstory is in a weird place bc I came up with Reed with a vague idea of her backstory for our Sprawl game when @luckydicekirby said she would run a mission instead of me doing it, and then I handed Reed's Scary Older Doppelgänger over to her to play as the GM, but then I borrowed Leda back to write a thing about Reed's backstory to reveal it to the other players bc it was impractical to conceal it when we switch GMs, so now.. ???)

• Like x 1
  5. blue

Aaaand I'm out, it is time 4 sleep or at least sleep-adjacent activities. night y'all

• Like x 3
  6. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

7. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

holy shit fucking sfm

anyway now that I'm on my computer Re apologizing: I partially do it b/c brainbugs but also I do it because "oh god I am so sorry that this boy is acting like a turd here watch him make a fool of himself and laugh with me." Kind of a social norm from where I learned to rp.

• Like x 1
  8. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Kablooey's from a baby-cyberpunk world. There's a lot of cybernetics and bod-mod shit, but they've been super cautious about actual neural implants after a few Incidents. Prosthetics and stuff mimic nerves and they have High Tech Handwavium that hooks it up to the actual nervous system (also allows healing of nerve damage on a small scale), which somehow still works even when you've got Clunky Borg style. Your alterable tats and comes-with-twenty-patterns-built-in shirts are all controlled via smart device.

Kablooey is actually retro as fuck because all she's got is plain ink and some DNA mods she was born with. It's only partially a statement- she doesn't do well Outside and going through the hoops of getting any serious mods would take her entire polypile crew to take her and keep her shit from flipping.

• Like x 4
  9. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

took me a couple days, but I finally found the old one I'd come up with ages ago for Papyrus:
    copaceticCarapace, #FF4711
    It just seemed appropriate, if I was gonna go with one of the canon letter sets, to go with CC.

• Like x 2
  10. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

meanwhile Scanner is from a species that wouldn't even survive without the artificial cybernetic implants they basically grow around from the "lump of cells in a testing tube" stage onwards. Technofae are remarkably fragile and easy to kill if you know what you're doing and catching them unawares, whiiiiich is why almost all of them can hack and counterhack as a survival necessity.

• Like x 5
  11. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

• Like x 2
  12. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

damn i was expecting there 2 be more than that

good to know theres a birthday cap ig?

• Like x 1
  13. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

oh my god I just checked the members page and??? CRONUS BIRTHDAY RAVE???????

• Like x 4
  14. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

TO BE FAIR its only definitely the birthday of the human......ish ones

id have to calculate it individually for the ones who dont use years

(i know its roughly @Scratch's birthday for sure tho)

• Like x 4
  15. Lazarae

I can't believe nobody commented on Kablooey's "I ate my twin" I mean COME ON that was prime bait.

• Like x 1
  16. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I was just assuming it was the gestational occurrence that sometimes results in chimerism, and didn't think it was out of place in a discussion of developmental things /medical nerd problems :P

• Like x 6
  17. Lazarae

No fun at all, yeh feckin nerd :P

• Like x 3
  18. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I'm laughing at kankri frantically backpedaling

• Like x 5
  19. Lazarae

Kankri you gave Kablooey an excuse to be socially unacceptable for great justice

You're hosed bro

• Like x 5
  20. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

Jager-mirrors is fuckin' jacked by the way his usual weapon is a fuckoff massive sledgehammer.

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice