Shitposting Rave OOC

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by swirlingflight, Aug 19, 2016.

1. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Yeah, I've definitely gone "this is too much, I can't brain to catch up" at least twice this month alone.

• Like x 1
  2. Birdy

Birdy so long

eh, it's my own fault for picking a character so...characterization-heavy

like, there was a ton of stuff I wanted to respond to yesterday because I thought Haku would play interestingly off it, but I was sick, so oh well

3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i read the entire rave because i am a completist at heart, but not all the stuff that goes on in it is equally engaging (and it's hard to predict which parts will be compelling and which won't, so i can't just skip the uninteresting bits on a first readthrough) and there are some bits of the rave i've probably completely forgotten by now just because they didn't manage to catch enough of my attention. so, like, even though i'm technically caught up, that doesn't mean i understand or remember or care about everything, and it doesn't mean i get all the details right.

• Agree x 1
  4. Birdy

Birdy so long

yeah, it's more like...I wanted to respond to stuff, but it's gotten buried, so I feel like my chance has fallen by the wayside

• Witnessed x 1
  5. sirsparklepants

Nah, you can absolutely respond to stuff from a while ago. That's kosher too. Rave is timeline optional.

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
  6. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

i had an extended rp with myself that was just one conversation over three days or so because i wanted to get that scene done but was super low spoons

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  7. unknownanonymous

if you want to respond to old stuff in the rave, you can. the way the rave is designed, the timeline is not an issue. it can be bent and broken and twisted however you want it to be, for any reason, as long as you're not changing what other people's characters have done without their permission.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  8. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

Don't worry about it.

Haku hasn't seen this side of Lissa before--she's acting like a hooligan because her hooligan friends are here now and they light things on fire and make noise.

9. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

i stopped catching up on the rave a year ago when i started my bachelor's thesis and haven't taken up fully reading it since. don't sweat it.

if any of my characters interest you, just ask them about themself, they collectively like talking about themself. (not quite. some will choose to bitch about the situation back home instead. at least three will outright lie. and emre will just change the subject.)
    eta: as in, they're there and some of the other goons seem to know them but youve missed their introduction and the assorted baggage they've revealed or alluded to in the previous 4 threads, wt, and wherever else i've written about them.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    • Winner x 1
  10. cleverThylacine

Catte needs Ritalin badly.

LOL

I wonder if Ford gives her valerian. By the ADHD-reversal rules, you'd think it would calm her down.

• Like x 1
  11. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned but: I put character information on my accounts profiles!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  12. cleverThylacine

Batman and Lissa like the little devil and angel sitting on @Retr0's shoulders lol

• Winner x 3
  13. blue

blue hightown funk you up

is robo-marcus bluescreening a little bit because jordi isn't in ctOS? :3

14. cleverThylacine

I'm p sure that's exactly it!

15. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

>:D

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

honestly if your shoulder angel is like 'Yeah like fuck him up super hard and traumatize his ass to hell and back, ruin his entire career and probably most of his relationships too, but like i dunno man, killing's a bit of an easy way out for him don't'cha agree?' you should get a new one :P

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  17. cleverThylacine

I never said which was which :p

• Like x 2
  18. unknownanonymous

i reckon "you should kill him" is also grounds for firing your shoulder angel :P

• Agree x 1
  19. cleverThylacine

IDK. What if it would really make the world a better place?

Who knows. I'm not a pacifist.

20. sirsparklepants

Jason is trying to be a sarcastic dick but he's hampered by the fact that Dick being willing to compromise his values and give Jason a shot at the Joker, even if it's a slim chance, is actually kind of romantic to him. My emotionally stunted murder child.

(Edit: it occurred to me that "my emotionally stunted murder child" refers to way too many characters in here...)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    • Agree x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice