Shoes and Where to Wear Them

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Deresto, May 8, 2017.

?

How do you feel about shoes?

1. Eh, i don't really care either way about them.

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. I hate them!!! I wish i could go shoeless everywhere.

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. Theyre alright i guess, they get the job done. I mostly only wear comfortable/practical shoes.

16 vote(s)
    48.5%
  4. I love shoes, theyre really fun to accessorise with! Theres some really nice stuff out there

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. I love shoes, they make getting places more efficient and easier than shoeless!

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. I only wear crocs and/or socks with sandals, suck it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other (elaborate in thread!)

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I've taken to wearing shoes inside, because it seems to be helping with keeping my feet from getting cold. (Also, I can break the new pair of shoes in faster if I wear them all the time, and I hardly ever go outside, so.) It's easier than wearing a double pair of socks all the time, since the weather's starting to get just warm enough that two (or more) layers of socks will work inside but immediately be Uncomfortably Warm within five minutes of stepping out of the house.

2. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

If I can avoid wearing socks I usually will, like at home I always wander around in bare feet all the time even when they get cold (because I'm smart that way). Back when I was a kid I'd spend most of the summer barefoot unless I was going somewhere in public, but these days work kind of requires them, unfortunately.

3. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

the lack of a shape is part of why I hated them. they constantly moved. like, they didn't fit properly on my feet at all, and they'd keep turning so the grippy side was on the top, and there wasn't any way to make them STAY, and they just didn't feel right at all. plus, they didn't have a toe end and heel end, they were like giant ovals and that felt REALLY WRONG.

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
  4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

mine had grippys on the top and bottom and they also fit properly, so i can imagine them not fitting and slipping around all the time and it sounds horrible

• Agree x 1
  5. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

yours sound at least halfway decent, I think. but the ones at the hospital I was at were just nope.
    but also I had to wear them for a while because my parents didn't bring me clothes for ages, and I was NOT walking down those hallways barefoot, ew, eugh, no.

• Agree x 1
  6. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

hospital socks are the devil's work, they have generally fit me but.... Bad

the grip being on at all is bad texture wise and it being on both the top and bottom just made it worse

7. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

I do not wear shoes. I did when I first started working in offices but - um, no. Feets need to feel things. (I grew up in a forest without other peoples around so never got used to the idea and even now as a sort-of adult - nope.)

• Like x 2
  8. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

I have at least 30 pairs of shoes. One of my exes called me Imelda. A lot of them are crazy lolita/steampunk shoes, some of them are Regetas (Japanese ortho shoes), and a bunch of them are Docs. And I own high and low top pink eyelet converse. I do wear them, just there are some that I do not wear often, because realistically, there are not that many situations that call for silver mylar victorian-style lace up boots with moon and star cutouts, or cream coloured boots with bows and roses.

• Like x 4
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I walked down to the town centre barefoot today to see if I could. Nobody stopped me and it was pretty fun, but it turns out I'm hypersensitive to spiky rough pavement texture and my feet were completely jet black when I arrived. Boo >:(

• Witnessed x 4
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice