Should I take a semester off?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by evilas, Nov 16, 2016.

1. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

How come everyone here has unanimously agreed that a semester off would be good for me, but my therapist said it wouldn't?

I just don't get it. Would someone by any chance have an answer?

2. Your therapist ought to have a much better handle on your needs than we do. And, based on my personal experience, I am in complete agreement that some organization is necessary. So I think that, as long as you're getting at least a part time job, it would be fine and probably even healthy for you to take a semester off. But if you don't, and spend all of your time on the computer, then in all likelihood you will end up feeling like trash, (which isn't true, of course, but saying it doesn't make you stop feeling it) and that definitely isn't healthy.

3. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

But I'm so freaking tired of school, of exams, of falling asleep in class, of hating myself when I didn't do the "optional" homework, of not studying, of not wanting to study, of having to do work! Schedules are so! Fucking! Draining!

AUGHHH!

4. dobedobedo

dobedobedo Member

As someone wh0 is essentially living without structure and purpose rn: the answer is 'structure you can manage without getting overwhelmed', not 'no structure at all'.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice