Show off your wips!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Deresto, Apr 26, 2017.

1. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

Progress, of a sort, being made on the hair. Need to work on getting more of a... well, *hairy* sort of tone. Normals, perhaps?
    I don't like the face much. It's a bit... chunky.

HairRender.png

• Like x 3
  2. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

Steadily working on the hair, it looks quite a bit fuller. Still needs texture, and I now realize I did the hair in a terrible way...

Really wish there was some kind of 'polygon draw' tool.

Subaru Render 3.png

• Like x 2
  3. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 11.18.37 PM.png
    should sleep but eh

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  4. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

upload_2017-6-23_17-57-21.png

im sick and lying in bed drawing memes for my ocs

• Like x 5
  5. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

upload_2017-6-23_18-57-21.png

almostdoneeee

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  6. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

@Kami Dang that's some pretty skin and hair. The earlier version is really eye-catching too!

• Like x 1
  7. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

thanks!! its ofc based off the russian poster so i didnt pick the colors and stuff myself too much but i like how its turning out!

• Like x 1
  8. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

upload_2017-7-5_7-31-15.png

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  9. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

imp thing 2.png
    added horns, not sure they're the right horns
    no idea at all what kind of hairstyle i want on her
    the eyes are probably too big even for a cute character
    she looks too much like a human with painted on details and not quite beasty enough
    but hey, i drew a thing and it's got a lot more detail and work than pretty much anything else i've drawn in years, so.

• Like x 2
  10. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

@littlepinkbeast She's cute and they may be big but I like the eyes! Especially the eyelashes which are very pretty.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

im trying to learn backgrounds and perspectives and stuff because thats what sucks the breath out of my lungs in movies and art and such so heres a wip

room wip.png

crit and pointers more than welcome, this is hard

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

upload_2017-8-6_18-18-12.png
    loud screeching

i dont want to go through and fix eveyrhting on this

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  13. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

upload_2017-8-7_4-10-36.png

im drawing moneys

i think ill change the 10 to a 100 bc the money is inflated as fuck

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    • Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
  14. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

I don't know if writing wips are suitable for this thread, but here's something i haven't touched in ages. And will probably never actually properly write.

Note that this was put together several years ago and as such lacks a few fandoms. And is slightly silly. Later I’ll probably edit this to include DC but probably not Naruto or Homestuck.

Fandoms:
    Yu Gi Oh
    Gundam Wing
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Magic Kaito
    Detective Conan

It all starts with a boy in Ancient Egypt, about 1000 BCE. His parents named him Baku-Ra in honor of the sunrise. Their village was slaughtered for a ritual to make sacred items that required 99 sacrifices -- only little Baku-Ra survived. A demon was released with the ritual -- the distraught six-year-old made a deal with him, and the rest is history (in other words, Yu Gi Oh). However, before Baku-Ra was killed and half his soul sealed away in the millennium ring, he did have a life beyond revenge and thievery. He met a like-minded young woman, and had four sons with her. At his death, she took more and more risks, eventually essentially committing suicide by law enforcement, leaving the four boys alone.

The children:
    The first son: Angry and embittered, he left his brothers and went north, leaving Egypt behind forever. He settled down in the Roman Empire. He married a woman as sly and cunning as himself and taught their children everything he'd learned at his parents’ knees.
    The second son: As unhappy as his brother, but more practical. He felt a responsibility to his younger brothers, and raised them as quietly as possible, continuing to teach them what the older two had already learned. However, he still wanted to leave Egypt. When the youngest brother was 13, he dropped him off at a temple, took the third brother, and went east. He eventually settled down in Japan.
    The third son: Traveling eastward with his brother, he fell in love first with Mongolian life and then with a Mongolian woman, and stayed there.
    The fourth son: Like everyone in the family, he was intelligent, quick-witted, and closed-mouthed. He eventually became part of the cult of the Nameless Pharaoh, the record-keeper of their underground temple. Like his brothers, he kept his family records meticulously.

Family I: Starts in Rome, migrates slowly over the years to what would be France. Becomes the Winner family. During this time, the manipulative older family members essentially breed their descendants for intelligence, choosing matches carefully. The learning and records were passed on and added to, and the family moved and changed each time it was threatened by political/social/economical/etc shifts. The name Winner is fairly recent.

Quatre: The Winner branch of the family tree took to commerce and their family training reflects that. Quatre was taught from a very young age the intricacies of trade, economics, and how to run a business. When his father died, he fell into the guardianship of his eldest sister -- he has twenty-nine -- and consequently moved to America, where he met Duo and Wufei, and the rest is history.

Family II: Although Japanese peasants didn't have family names for a long time, they privately call themselves the Bakuras. (Much, much) Later on, many foreigners married into the family; they became known for their distinctive bright -- sometimes nearly purple -- blue eyes, and often dyed their hair to hide the fact that about half of them were red heads. About ten years before the Bakumatsu, a young boy named Shinta was taken by slavers. He was rescued and given the name Himura Kenshin, and eventually became the Hitokiri Battousai. After the war and between his many adventures (i.e. Rurouni Kenshin), he was found by his family. He chose to keep his name, and married Kamiya Kaouru. They kept in close contact with the Bakuras (official now) and the Kurobas, a family spawned from Kenshin’s rather frightening performer cousin (frightening in only the funnest of ways, of course). The Bakuras and Kurobas, like the eventual Winners, tended to breed their children for intelligence. The Himuras were more easygoing. The entire family lied low and mostly managed to avoid WWII. Modern descendants: Bakura Ryou (Yu Gi Oh), Minamino Shuichi aka Kurama (Bakura branch) (Yu Yu Hakusho), Kuroba Kaito (Magic Kaito), Kudo Shinichi (Kuroba branch) (Detective Conan), and Duo Maxwell (the bit of the Kuroba branch that moved to America) (Gundam Wing).

Ryou: YGO back story, but knowing his history. B is suitably impressed and teaches him. In turn, Ryou talks sense into his ancestor/other-half-of-his-soul; revenge-lust wears off eventually. Lives with his aunt Shiori for two years before his father relocates him to Domino City. It's the longest he's lived in one place since his mother and sister died. Incidentally, I’m being sensible and making him albino, so his eyes are blue, not brown. Maybe he wears contacts?

Kurama: Mother is R's aunt. He receives training from her, much to his surprise; it hadn't occurred to him that there were humans like him. He certainly didn't aim for one. Eventually he meets R when R's dad drops him off there (K is fourteen; R is twelve). Shiori is unsurprised but annoyed that her brother has completely neglected R’s training and takes it over. R and K hit it off. B and K hit it off as well, when R accidentally lets slip about B’s existence (By ‘hit it off’ I mean that B called K a pretentious pansy and K called B a decrepit Philistine. R rolled his eyes so hard. They each privately decided that they loved each other.) (Two insanely intelligent, polite thieves + one not-so-polite, even more insane thief from ancient Egypt + K's mom = win) Shiori’s reaction to B convinces K that she won't freak out and hate him when he tells her about his past life, so he works up the courage to do so much earlier.

Kaito: Whole story from MK. Wonders about his resemblance to Shinichi/Conan and pokes around, finding their copy of the records in the back of his father's stuff. Promptly learns EVERYTHING (about the Japanese branch) and goes off to find family, starting with Shinichi.

Shinichi: Trained just like the rest, but the thing is that by this point that training has mutated to mostly include escapology and mental exercises and so on, rather than upright thievery. Never occurred to him to use it for anything but chasing criminals. Met Kid as Conan and finds out from him once KK’s deduced his identity -- hey, cousin! your dad’s mom and my dad’s dad were twins! -- S and KK unite against Black Org, but try to keep the rest of the family out of it. Which falls apart when R and K make it a project to put together a complete family tree and meet everyone living on it. But an ancient demon fox and an ancient vengeful thief are good additions to the team.

Duo: His grandmother went to America and stayed there. She was the one to raise him after his parents passed, and she fostered his intelligence and interest in mechanics as well as teaching him what she remembered of the lore. Like every family member to travel far away, she had a copy of the family records, which has by this point been transcribed through many many languages/dialects and is less than accurate. Unfortunately. Duo’s best friends are Quatre Winner, Heero Yuy, Trowa Barton, and Wufei Chang. Eventually, Duo shows them the records and Quatre goes my family keeps one just like that! They compare records and are delighted to find that they are very, very distantly related. They suspect that Heero might be one of them as well, just for the coloring and nationality, but abandon that upon meeting the rest of the Japanese branch; Heero doesn’t have the facial structure.

Family III: Moves from Mongolia to China over generations. Eventually becomes the Chang clan, minor pseudo-nobles who wormed their way to the top via skill and marriage. Most died during world conflicts. Those that survived left China for the US around the time of the rise of Communism. The entire clan was taken out by a fire except for Wufei, then fourteen.

Wufei: Adopted by Helen Maxwell, Duo’s grandmother. Does not feel up to reading surviving family records -- which, along with everything else that survived the fire, was put in storage -- let alone sharing them until at least a year later. After Duo and Quatre have their revelation, he’s reminded of them and digs them up, and the three compare the early bits to the other two. A scholar in nature, he could probably recite all three’s family history backwards, forwards, and in latin. He finds that sort of thing incredibly important. The Kuroba branch’s take on family training bothers him significantly, even though it’s the second-closest to the original. (The Bakuras’ are the closest.) The Chang branch emphasized swordplay and nobility, rather than escapology and stealth. Both emphasise knowledge and cleverness, though.

Family IV: The fourth son’s descendents were also record keepers, all the way up to the modern day. His most recent descendents are Ishizu and Marik Ishtar, whose lives play out pretty much as they do in YGO up until after it’s all over and Ryou mentions the family tree project he and his cousin are working on and Ishizu thinks it would be a cool thing to do for their family too, because she’s all about history. And that’s how she finds out that she and her brother are descended from the Tomb Raider. Surprise?

DC addendum:

Tim Drake is Duo’s first cousin. (Most Kurobas actually have black hair, not brown. Tim looks more like a white version of Kaito than anything. At least, when his hair is short.) Family tree goes like this: Kaito’s Grandfather’s cousin Hanae “Helen” Kuroba and her parents moved to America and she married Wossname Maxwell. They have two children, Whosit and Janet Maxwell. Whosit and Some Lady have Duo Maxwell; Janet and Jack Drake have Tim Drake. (Tim does not look very Japanese, but you can tell that he is partly Japanese if you’re looking for it. The blue eyes throw people off.) Janet was gone too much to really impart much of the family lore to Tim, and didn’t bother to take a copy of the records with her when she moved to the east coast. Consequently, Tim does not find out that he has more family until he’s ten, when Helen finds out that her estranged daughter has a son and argues Janet into letting him visit. There’s actually a custody battle when Helen realizes the extent of Tim’s neglect, but Janet wins by sheer dint of money. They compromise by sending Tim over most of the time when they’re gone. Tim absolutely loves it there, but also despairs of not being able to stalk Batman and Robin nearly as much. Consequently, he may not become Robin at all. Hmm. We shall see. Also, despite the amount of time spent with his grandmother, Tim does not get rid of his distinctly Gotham way of thinking, which kind of weirds his cousin and his friends out.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    • Like x 1
  15. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

[​IMG]

For a free for all object head zine
    Here's details if ur interested

• Like x 2
  16. Nobody's Home

[​IMG]
    edit: before anyone comes at me, yeah it's not properly capitalized or italicized, i'll fix it later, don't bother me about it

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    • Like x 3
  17. Nobody's Home

Watch me toil and grumble
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  18. Nobody's Home

I smiled the whole time

[​IMG]

• Like x 4
  19. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

[​IMG]

i love my bucket a lot ok

• Like x 4
  20. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice